Things that make you angry while playing GoW

Exploder hitting doomskulls for damage will do that, happened to me again in GW today.

This can not be working as intendedā€¦ more bugs that hurt us. In wars.

Frustrating.

1 Like

Getting double devoured in Delve by Kruarg the dread on the same turn on the same cascadeā€¦ You can probably figure out what happened when he devoured Gorgotha and Divinia with only a Megavore and Weaver remainingā€¦ Been having rotten luck recently and that is icing on the cake

Oh and, donā€™t get me started on Night Hag transformation or the Bulette Lair which always happens to be the mandatory room and devours with less than 13 brown gemsā€¦ Iā€™m so tired of that Lair.

2 Likes

13 or more.

I had so many rings by now that I decided to play the gambling game and try to upgrade my hoard with only those.
Eight tries, 50% chance each time to upgrade.
How often did the upgrade trigger?
Zero times.
Not very bunny-friendly, I must say.:persevere:

2 Likes

Treasure upgrade RNG is brutal. Even at 90%.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve seen it devour on 12 and once on 10. That was utter cheating. Oh and, while I remember it now, 15 brown gems on board with Bulette ability ready. Uses Gorgotha explosionā€¦ extra turn but 14 brown gems still on board and no matches to get rid of them. Uses Divinia explosionā€¦ 17 brown gems on boardā€¦ guess what happened to Divinia?

You can see often that troops like khorvash or spirit fox can ā€œcreate stormsā€ to beat youā€¦

@Sheba I feel your pain. Iā€™ve tried 6 times with one success.

1 Like

Would you rather be devoured by a pack of bunnies or Ubastet?
Iā€™ve noticed that no Mythic units are used in Delves.
That can change.

My hoard quality has updated twice, once on 5% and once on 10%. It has also failed once on 85%. So both good shit and bad shit happens.

Ishbaala had full mana but was frozen and entangled. I had the perfect board ready to kill the first slot and fill her self back up but since the stupid nerf that made her lose her cleanse I had to wait until she naturally cleansed but of course before she did she already died and I lost the battle.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve decided to leave whether I keep playing Gems of War up to RNG. Iā€™m saving up my glory and gem keys until Halloween, if I donā€™t get a mythic, goodbye to the game

I got my first achievement on 11/11/15 (and the is no chance iā€™ll ever get the last one, so no point in trying), since then the game has seen many changes (most of which I dislike - the new kingdom leveling system is a ā€œ:game killerā€ for me). The RNG factor is just grating for me (and there are no official odds). Yes, I strongly disliked it when they added trait stones to chests. So what else annoys meā€¦

• Agility trait -missing 4 times in a row, again (with skulls). I think the devs are significantly misleading on oddsā€¦ Yes I know those are ā€œmacro oddsā€ and a single player is ā€œmicro oddsā€
  • Gems of Status Effects - .why I donā€™t like delves - status effect after status effect (especially dislike the entangle one)
  • Gem Sink - yes, most of the new ā€œmodesā€ are gem sinks. You can play a little without gems, but wonā€™t get event troops, etc
  • Pet Gnomes, Ingots being locked behind PVP (which I dislike), Events being locked behind ā€œguild wallsā€
  • Limited Guild Seals (if I have a guild of one and am crazy enough, I should be able to get 40K guild seals myself. I actually really dislike how much this game tries to force guilds (and the peer pressure that accompanies them). I donā€™t believe that Legendary Tasks should have ever existed (or it should have been 10+ million instead of 1 million)
  • Seemingly endless summons, etc. There is nothing better than seemingly beating a fight only to have a dragon rebirth (or the like). Also the fights that are extended because you have to fight 10+ summoned cards).
  • Massive nerfs to vault rewards: when they first added the vault, you could get something useful (like 100K gold, 20 gems keys, etc). The last vault event I was getting stuff like 100 souls (getting some better rewards from the treasure gnomes themselves). The only thing useful in the vault is orbs.
  • More that I canā€™t think of right now
5 Likes

To reiterate, these things:

3 Likes

Hey you earned it :slight_smile:

1 Like

That spinning circle. Ugh.

2 Likes

Push retry button 40x and still no result

1 Like

honestly, the devs creating more gold and gem sinks that we already hadā€¦AND ā€œfixingā€ things that are not broken. despite the players

1 Like

a vid of me singing after opening game for the first time when a new patch hits xD

I donā€™t care if it is ā€œfairā€, every time the CPU takes 4+ turns I am very angry. Iā€™ve repeated this many times. Free turns suck as a game mechanic.