Thingamabob does incorrect splash damage

Platform, device version and operating system:

PC (Steam), Windows 10, version 22H2

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:

Thingamabob (legendary weapon) does 100% damage to adjacent enemies, instead of half damage

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Always, I first noticed it a few days ago, when I started using the weapon

Steps to make it happen again
Do splash damage with Thingamabob by casting its spell

1 Like

Can confirm, Thingamabob does equal damage to both the target and its neighbors (if any) and while this does feel thematically appropriate for the weapon, it’s nonetheless inconsistent with any definition of “Splash Damage” as an official Term.

Suggested fix: Drop the reference to “splash damage” from the spelltext. A description like “Deal # damage to an Enemy, and its adjacent Allies…” would probably work.

2 Likes

When did the description change to “splash damage”? I haven’t used this weapon in years but when it came out it did 100% dmg to all 3 enemies on purpose, which was unique, and I did use it when it was first released. It was phrased as “damage to an enemy and adjacent enemies”. It was a thing when the Tidecaller class came out bc it did more damage than the mythic class weapon.

My forum search-fu might be weak today but I can’t find any posts about Thingamabob getting changed. Maybe they just snuck in some new text but never changed the original mechanics

Edit to add another link that contains an image of the original spell text

4 Likes

Thank you for pointing this out, I didn’t know it, personally either changing the card’s mechanics or the spell text as suggested is good, it’s probably a minor issue but it can be a bit confusing while playing.

Since Thingamabob doesn’t have “splash damage” in its glossary tips (unlike other splash damage weapons such as Hammer of Urskaya), I think it has no splash damage mechanics in effect at all. It’s just a misleading description text.