The Wolf and I

Originally published at: The Wolf and I – Gems of War

New Ultra-Rare Troop: Ulf’s Mascot Ulf’s Mascot will be available this week for 300 Glory in the shop as well as in Event Chests, and will appear in Glory, Gem, and Guild chests in 3-4 weeks’ time. New Legendary Troop: Ulf Harrigan Ulf Harrigan will be available exclusively in Event Chests this week, and will…

1 Like

I hope there’s a reliable way to barrier troops this week to protect against Crimson Bat’s & Draakulis’s true damage at high levels.

Every week is a new opportunity to do better devs. :crossed_fingers:

Battle Priorities:

• Draakulis: 8 Fangs (24 Points)
  • Crimson Bat: 6 Fangs (18 Points)
  • Dullahan: 8 Skulls (16 Points)
  • Werewolf: 6 Skulls (12 Points)
  • Nosferatu: 4 Fangs (12 Points)
  • Vampire Lord: 3 Fangs (9 Points)
7 Likes

If you want to get complicated:
Draakulis: 24, 36, 48, 60, etc (12 more points each time you fight, but only shows up every 5 fights)
Crimson Bat: 18, 27, 36, 45, 54, etc (9 more points each time)
Dullahan: 16, 24, 32, 40, 48, etc (8 more points each time)

It’s entirely possible that Crimson Bat and Dullahan battles might be worth more than Draakulis at some point since Draakulis battles only show up every 5 battles.

2 Likes

Depending what we will get (as all battles seem to be preset) it might be a good gamble to skip draakulis when going for T4 or more…

Yep.

Choose your own path. :+1:

Doubtful. Crimson Bat will show about about once every six fights on average (it has a 1/5 chance of appearing when Draakulis isnt up). Dullahan is the same, itll appear about once every six fights. Meanwhile, Draakulis is a guaranteed one in five fights.

So far, from some of the tracking done in previous events, when the devs say “equal chance of appearing”, it is roughly equal.

Basically, there will be more Draakulis.

Edit: I didn’t include the initial map so my math above is wrong. Whoops. Copy/pasting my comment below here:

Updated math if anyone wants: If you pick Draakulis every time it’s up, each “round” has 9 options (map starts with 5 options + 3 more battles before Draakulis shows up + Draakulis himself). The first 8 options has 1/5 chance each of being Crimson Bat. So, each round will have 8/5 Crimson Bats on average and 1 Draakulis. After round 3, Crimson Bat will be worth more than Draakulis.

It’s probable some other fights like Duulahan may also be worth prioritizing over Draakulis. Too lazy to calculate right now. Guessing it’s worth prioritizing some fights over Draakulis, and just use Draakulis to reset the map when only the worst options are available.

Since it cannot increase by 1.5, the question is will base amount go like
3; 4; 6; 7; 9; 10; 12… or
3; 5; 6; 8; 9; 11; 12…?

Judging from previous experience, it should be 1,2,1,2 steps, but you can never be sure and that puts multiplier calculation in slight doubt this time.

So much bonds and banding everywhere these days… :sleepy:

1 Like

I put it at 1.6 Crimson Bats/Dullahans per Draakulis, actually. It sounds like the map starts off with 5 choices, each with a 1/5 chance of being one of the Legendaries:

When you win (undoubtedly) the next three fights, I’m assuming they’ll be repopulated (ASSUMPTION) from the same pool, and then after winning the fourth, it’s guaranteed to be Drak:

Then the cycle repeats. So eight 1/5 chances, on average, per Drak cycle.

When you attempt to find the meeting point of their arithmetic series with CB appearing at 1.6x the n of Drak, CB should outpace Drak after the second encounter, meaning anyone planning to play more than ~5-8 battles should choose CB over Drak IF offered that choice – although for all we know that choice might not come up for a while, if at all.

I didn’t look at Dullahan, but it might have to take into account the effect of a slightly lower encounter rate than CB based on any incidences of having to choosing CB over Dullahan (unlikely? ¯_(ツ)_/¯).

At least the battles keep resetting which is good. Better than all ending up with the dreaded “no choice but UR battles”

2 Likes

Using this duo even against Firebombs in Ranked PvP will make you lose. Almost…

I, we expect something better than this. It is not like we are getting Legendary troops raining on us anymore.

1 Like

Yup, ist like his legendary trait is gain and Extra turn on 4 or more gem matches.

Banding is just silly. Waste of a trait. I guess they ran out of ideas. Nobody would choose one troop over another better one just because it would give you 1 single stat point. :unamused:

1 Like

Here are the Images to help you this week:

Battles:

Rewards:

Summary:

6 Likes

After 20 battles, I’ve done 4 Draakulis and 9 Crimson Bat battles. And 7 Dullahan, 0 of the others.

“roughly equal” over thousand’s of fights, but not really :upside_down_face:

If it helps anyone, my first 20 battles (bold are the ones I went with):

My next Crimson Bat battle is worth 99 base points, Draak only 72, same Dullahan. So I should be skipping Draak in favour of Crimson Bat at this point, I think? :thinking:
I’ve decided to keep taking Draak though. Because the battles are resetting, it’s easier to skip the low pointers, so you end up doing more legendaries and the battles scale in difficulty faster than they would if there was no battle resetting. I figure taking Draak will slow the scaling down a little.

2 Likes

I’m going to try a Draakless run this week because Draakulis actually does disappear after one chance (unlike the last time the game notes said a battle would only appear once). Want to compare scores after some number of battles?

1 Like

World Event
Average Tier Buy In per member to close all reward stages is: Tier 0 :tada::tada:

2 Likes

There is a weapon on tier 4. So tier 4 :smiley:

Or you can do as I did - crafting it.

2 Likes