The War of the Meta-Build Poll (Again)

Omg I lolled with all those names. :slight_smile:
Thank you for a good laugh.

3 Likes

I hope I didn’t miss any major meta.
It’s a pain in the neck to edit the poll.

2 Likes

Instead of (T)rolling Krakens, I would have gone with “(T)rolling in the deep”. Still, brilliant! @Sidousai

Edit: I had to vote for Justice League just due to the length of time I had to deal with it personally. Being on console, most of these got fixed by the unwilling beta-testers on PC/Mobile before they ever infected our eco-system. I can’t imagine how bad some of them must have been.

3 Likes

Nice work! One of the things that really stands out to me is that we’ve identified about 6 metas that were a problem for the first 2 years or so of the game but then there’s 6 that are currently active. Since it’s not “one meta” currently, I tend to think of it as “diversity of awfulness” but another reading is “variety”.

Regardless, Webspinner definitely gets my vote. One major reason is that there was no 4x speed; at least now it’s over relatively quickly.

3 Likes

That sounds like a band name. (Or a rumination on life in general.)

2 Likes

Same vote, ergo, same post

1 Like

What about the original goblin meta that led to the creation of Queen Mab and the freeze mechanic? When I first started reading the forums it was the complaint du jour.

ITT: This poll shows more about how long you’ve been playing than anything else. Which maybe is a good thing, if it’s true that the older the meta, the worse it was!

Also I think this shows (at least at current) how “tame” the current Wisp grief-meta is versus some of the older monstrosities.

2 Likes

Dratz. I think I missed the Death Knight meta.
But was that really a thing, to be honest?
It felt more like a quick trend. At least it didn’t particularly stand out to me.

If Death Knight counted, then so should Scale Guards and Astral Spirits.

4 Likes

Bone Dragon and Courage still give me nightmares. Once in a while I’ll still run into them in pvp and chuckle to myself. “I remember when I had to ask global how to beat you”.

1 Like

First of all, your team names are hilarious and justify the poll by themselves. Secondly, before I vote. I want to be clear on what you’re asking. You want to know which meta meta was our favorite, not which one we hated the most, correct?

1 Like

I asked for the most popular one, so I guess it’s your favorite.
… but is there really a difference? :wink:

There was the Rock Worm meta, and then the Skull Thru Ur Armor meta, and then somewhere in there the Original Goblin meta. I think I’m voting for Maw though, because it originally had that 15% chance Devour on Skull thing that made it a terror to play against.

I’ve always called this ‘Kicked by the Kerb’ (as a pun on kicked to the curb)

2 Likes

I voted for my favorite. All though my favorite is ‘Slap me Silly’

Forest Troll
Asha (Or Green Slime but Asha seems to work better)
Kraken
Kraken

I just love watching without doing ANYTHING but matching colors - opponent troops being killed because of the Kraken’s 3th trait

And yes I have me Frozen Slap me Silly (replace Kraken with Mab) but it’s as entertaining.

1 Like

To me, yes. My favorite to use was Centaur Scout. The one I hated to fight the most was Webspinner.

Apparently I voted wrong! I interpreted favorite as “most awful”.

1 Like

Here’s a couple more Meta Builds I like

“Stomp and Chomp and Hold” (pun of Stop, Drop and Roll)
EK
Ragnard
Kerb
Sylvanimora

“Flame On” (Or Burn Baby Burn)
Jarl Firemantle
HellsCat
Dimetraxia
Infernal King

“Not so Bright”
Nobend Boys
Mongo
Gog and Gug
Gar Nok

@Taisiakat, I don’t remember encountering any of your “meta” builds except for the double-Kraken that is currently in vogue. When were the other ones popular?

1 Like