The (Un)Official Console Weekly Event Thread 3 (No further updates)

I’ve got a crapload of Wargs, but can’t remember how many I bought to get the Arcanes when he was released. I think I bought a bunch to get TDS fully traited. I have exactly 2 Wayfinders, which looks like I just bought them for stones and haven’t pulled any.

It’s times like this when I miss Talia and his obsessive tracking of absolutely everything.

1 Like

I only pay attention to troops I get that aren’t already mythic, ha ha. Warg was mythic after a minute or so upon logging in since I needed to replenish my Dark stone stash.

We’re not too far behind now, but I honestly expected an announcement regarding Blackhawk and Gard’s Avatar this week. Said announcement could obviously happen, however, we’ll just have to wait and see.

3 Likes

I have mostly been hoarding keys until we get Blackhawk, the four week delay on glory troops being added means that I will not be getting anything I really need right now :frowning:

2 Likes

I’ve definitely pulled one of these recently. I think from a glory chest. I also got a Desdaemona recently.

Hmm. That makes it really difficult to know exactly what is in chests, unless event troops for new kingdoms somehow sidestep the 4-week window.

@Alpheon - could you please read from post 175 through to here and let me know how troops are transitioned from weekly glory events to the pool available to pull from chests? It seems like the 4-week rule that is consistently in play on the PC/Mobile version isn’t applied the same way on console.

Actually, now that I think about it, I think I got that confused with one of the other dragon’s claw troops that were added directly to chests when they first came out. I’ll have to double check my collection when I get home. I know I haven’t been opening many chests recently as I have also been waiting for Blackhawk to come out before going hog wild, usually only opening chests for tasks. I’m certain on Des though and I know a couple other troops were given to me that caught my slightly off guard. Has it been 4 weeks since Anubite Warrior came out? I got one of those today.

1 Like

Yes, it’s been more than 4 weeks. I’m not sure, but I think I even got some of those last week. Definitely got some this week.

Edit: Anubite/Settite was 5 weeks ago, with Winter Imp 4 weeks ago. I think he went straight into chests. So next week, the Maugrim Woods troops should be available. Maybe everything is working right after all…

If we’re doing double the pace of PC releases, then we should definitely be getting Gard’s this week, with Blackhawk either this week or next. I think we’ll be fully caught up in mid-March when they release the Stryx kingdom simultaneously on both platforms (You heard it here first!).

2 Likes

So do you think we will get the guild war update same time the pc/mobile?

I’m saving gems and vip keys for gards but glory keys have been getting opened as soon as possible because I am unable to save them! I only have 4.5k gems and 15 vip keys, but that’s where I’m going to target gards, 115 + should net him if he’s the exclusive mythic. I’m not bothered about the others although I’d quite like death. I only have aby and I’m not impressed tbh. I stopped opening gem chests because of the amount of ultra rare I have already ascended. Plus the double eoic/arcanes is brilliant imo.

Hey everyone - I’ve checked through the data and all the event troops do (or should anyway) be absent from regular chests for four weeks after their event week. So for example, Coautl would start showing up in chests on the 23rd. :slight_smile:

Desdaemona was a special case however, as she was not an event troop. She doesn’t follow the same four-week rule the others do, so she found her way into chests earlier than most new troops.

3 Likes

Thanks for the quick reply on that!

I can’t begin to guess at that. The devs have given no hints at all about when to expect that or what form it will take. If I had to guess, I’d say probably, but that it will probably come later than the PC/Mobile crowd wants (like months from now).

As usual, my opinion is not worth the pixels this is printed on, so take it for what it’s worth.

1 Like

@Alpheon have you got any news for the console players regarding Blackhawk and the next mythic? Cheers.

2 Likes

Based on Alpheon’s confirmation, I have added “In chests” dates to the recently released troops in the original post. Anything that doesn’t have a date should be in chests now, aside from non-seasonal imps and any special cases like exclusive mythic weeks.

I think on the vip info it says contents change in 3 days, hopefully it’ll be gards avatar.

1 Like

That’s why I tagged said person in my above post. I’d like an official response.

2 Likes

Doesn’t the event also change in 3 days? or does that not affect VIP chests? Only VIP 3 here, so not sure how those things work exactly.

VIP chests change in 4 days time.

1 Like

So, an update on Blackhawk. We’ve been discussing what to do about this kingdom. Unfortunately we discovered after our update went out and approved that the Kraken’s third trait on console does true damage instead of regular damage. We didn’t pick up on this in our original tests. This makes an already powerful troop just ridiculous. So we’d been holding off on releasing the kingdom until we could get it fixed. Unfortunately it’s a client update to fix. Since there’s no concrete ETA on when we can get the update out, we’re currently looking to release the kingdom within the next few weeks, bugged Kraken included, as it’s a long time with no new kingdom otherwise.

Obviously the Kraken will revert to its intended state with the next client update, so just be aware when purchasing and traiting it before the update that it will be fixed.

As for the next mythic, a representative from the heavens will join the battles before the pirates arrive.

5 Likes