The TaliaParks Streaming Thread

Well that definitely was interesting.

I honestly do not know how to guage success, if any was to be had.

Feedback would be appreciated and if there is demand, I will continue streaming!

2 Likes

I will be watching when I get home tonight :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry I had to bail partway through the stream last night.

Anyway, I’m not really sure how you would gauge success, other than to say that it was a success technically in that the stream functioned well with good audio quality and little lag between comment and response. With so few console players on the forums in the first place, I’m not sure what your peak audience might be. I think there were 5 people watching when I left, and who knows how many will watch the upload after the fact (33 already!).

You mentioned that you hadn’t bothered to watch any other streaming players before you did your own, which I thought was an interesting confession, but gets to the heart of the matter: most people would rather play the game than watch someone else. At least, this is why I have never watched anyone else stream. I tuned in because I was curious about the process, appreciate your insight on the game and like that you also play on PS4, so whatever you do will be relevant to me, unlike much of what @Tacet does, which won’t be relevant to me for several months (at least). So, I’m probably your target audience, but it is going to be tough to reach even me since, as I say, I would rather be playing than watching. Things that would increase the likelihood of me watching would be a) specific, relevant content that I find valuable and can’t access in a more convenient format; and/or b) a funny and engaging presentation. I don’t know you well enough to say whether “b” is possible for you, but “a” certainly is.

Ultimately, I think this is about you: if you find it fun and gratifying to stream, then continue to do it. I’ll leave it at that.

1 Like

Honestly I watch Tacet’s stream any chance I get because I always walk away learning something. Usually just how BA he is at the game, but I would start there. Try showing or teaching things people may not know. Part of the fun of watching other people play gems is the team set-ups and play style.

1 Like

Live Streaming doesn’t seem to be my thing but Ilearned a few key things.

Each stream is it’s own video. Building on focusing on tips and tricks and team building, I can make videos akin to @Tacet with commentary. Keep videos short and to the point.

2 Likes

In fact, my team building series is easily convertible to commentary videos.

1 Like