The search Filter is AMAZING!

Among the tasks today -
8 battles with troops from Whitehelm
8 battles using 3 unique Urska

…Great!

1 Like

Am I the only one who would like to be able to type “Merlantis” (or just “Merl”!) into the search bar and have that work? Sadly, it does not. Pretty sure it used to…

3 Likes

I find the search feature an improvement over what we had before, but I wouldn’t go far as to say “amazing”. Keyword search has some huge glaring flaws (because keywords are inconsistent and filter anything referring to what you are searching for). I actually think the old Adobe regex based search was much better in this regard, while also having the most usable layout (you could see all the filters you applied and could reach them without opening a separate menu).

A major feature that is still missing is the ability to filter keywords by category or short distinguish end of line inputs. As an example, just try searching Orc and see how far you still have to scroll to find the common troop by that name. You’ll get every troop with Orc as a type, every troop with the reinfORCed trait, Corrupt SORCereress, etc. Then try to find “Tau” (not that anyone would legitimately want to, but still), and you’ll run into a similar problem. Needing to set multiple filters or scroll to find the thing I typed the entire name of is not optimal here. The lack of the page up/down buttons make it worse for trying to navigate beyond the first 8 troops.

Ideally, keyword search would accept things like AND/OR and field modifiers (eg: type=Giant AND Fire Link would just give you all giants with Fire Link).

Ok, for future reference in life: Just retyping the same incorrect information again does make it true. It simply show a unfamiliarity with the interface, or reading comprehension issue.

1. Read this tread you posted in, read @SpecialRX comments
  2. Try to clear a SINGLE filter after a multi-filter search keeping the others in place with one button press
  3. Sort by Mana Generators (or any of the previous selectable abilities)
  4. With ONE action go from the top of the like All Kingdoms to Zhul’Kari without scrolling through all 30+ Kingdoms.
  5. With ONE action go from All Troops to Wildfolk without scrolling the entire list.
  6. Try to search for Impervious trait AND a spell ability like Destroy gems
  7. Change the filter while still viewing the troops
    These missing features bother me for the console Daily Tasks, other console players have noted other removed features, in this case removed is another way of saying that ‘functionality is not the same’.

While everyone can now search for two colors, which is nice and an improvement. As someone that used the previous version its hardly worth it considering all the functionality they removed. And I’m ignoring the poor/ugly UI in the 3.2 filter in the list above as a final negative. But big bright lime green buttons that are almost indistinguishable which one is selected are the new thing in UI deign I suppose.

4 Likes

It was really useful to be able to filter for example all troops with summoning ability or all exploders,… Of course not possible anymore. Its the 3.2 after all…lets be happy we still have a filter.

3 Likes

No, no you aint.

I don’t think it used to. I’ve tried typing ‘necro’ hundreds of times and still haven’t learned.

I think it was good that they removed spell and traits. There were too many options to be helpful. Too many options is a bad thing. And search covers it more easily.

I would like to see reverse sorting brought back though. That’s super helpful with >400 troops.

You’re not grasping what he’s/Im/all these other cats are saying.

Check it out: ON CONSOLE - the search filter is definitely NOT amazing. Its not good. It is not even passable. It is bad. Very, very bad.

It is not the same as previous iterations. Previous versions also left a lot to be desired - but this update took the existing problems and amplified them.

Interface is different. Functionality, with the exception of the aforementioned color sort, is the same.

Don’t get too caught up in the ‘sort by two colour’ thing. Which is neat btw, I used it earlier to pull up Pharos-rah - know why?..

'Cos I’m fucked if I’m sorting by troop type.

And thats the problem.

1 Like

You are kidding, right? Okay smarty, now read my post again.

Do you remember version 2.x? It had the options for search and color choice along the bottom. The main search terms were all in a column on the lower left, all terms visible at all times. Kingdom was a pop-down, at the top I think.

You are talking about the 3.1 search options, the ones we just upgraded from. What you probably don’t recall is that the first major change to the search was when we went from 2.x to 3.0. That change took a lot of heat. People didn’t like the slider bars (pick me.) What I am basically saying is that it looks like the developers relented a bit and reverted to a 2.x style. Granted it is technically not EXACTLY the same because only things that are exactly the same are exactly the same. But functionally, it is the same. Basically, you can’t search any more specifically now than you could then. That is the FUNCTIONALITY I was talking about. You can’t get search results now that are any different than you could in 2.x, with the aforenoted mana color exception. (Oh, and the worthless sort by original rarity. Missed another. Boy, I guess I really must have gone off half-cocked.)

Not only does most of your post talk about what you loved about 3.1 (which I never even addressed) but you talk about USABILITY, i.e. how it does things, another thing I never mentioned and don’t care about. I care about what I can search for and how specifically I can sort the list. I want a multi-tier sort and I want to be able to sort by traits upgraded. While we are at it, I would like to be able to easily tell what kingdom a troop is from by looking at the card (like you could in 2.x).

And you want…

Dream big. But don’t accuse me of a reading comprehension issue.

Keep in mind that @Strat is a Console player, while I think @IronyMan is a PC/Mobile player. Prior to 3.0.5, PC had a very different filter experience from Console, so you may be comparing apples to oranges when talking about how closely the functionality cuts to the “old” UX.

In 3.0.5 when PC inherited Console’s filter, and again in 3.1 when Mobile did, there was a ton of backlash, as what works as a controller-based interface doesn’t necessarily work for keyboard/mouse or touch. We’re seeing that again now, except in reverse.

2 Likes

Good catch Lyya. You are correct about me, and I assume also about @strat. So maybe we don’t remember the same things. I may have gotten defensive too quickly. Sorry, Strat.

What I was basically saying is I mostly see some deja vu with this update. A lot looks familiar, but not much has changed.

1 Like

I have no idea how was the filter on PC before this 3.2 sabotage but on consoles, I can confirm that the filter now is INFERIOR than what we had before:
The only improvement is the 2 mana colours selection.
We lost ability to filter from Z to A
We lost ability to filter for example all Summoners, all exploders,…
We lost ability to reset only one filter when several are selected.

And me, I lost the envy to play.

3 Likes

Let’s paint by color…Woops I mean search.

1 Like

I think @Strat is playing both version

You should be happy you didin’t lost your best player yet :stuck_out_tongue:

:laughing: yeah, till now even if there is not one single member in the guild happy with this horror, only one told me he will stop gems.
Sirrian spoke about the silent majority…did he really think that all this silent majority who do not express their opinion here enjoy this new update? I wont talk about Mobile players but on consoles or PC, I will never believe that more than 5% are happy with this update.

4 Likes

I accept you apology.

For the record you quoted what I said and that i needed I need to ‘dream big’. THOSE were a few of the features they COMPLETEY REMOVED from the filter. This hack 3.2 version is a step backwards to console players that need to use the filter daily for custom Daily Tasks.

I suppose the saving grace of all this filter downgrade is even though I don’t get headaches from 3.2 in general is so awful to interact with and look at: I have severely curtailed my gameplay down to the bare minimum for our Guild.

@anon43026234 mentioned his guild mates all dislikes 3.2. Well, I’m in the #2 GW Guild and no one likes it in ours either. So the 60/60 of the very top Xbox One players all dislike the update. I guess this “silent majority” are all level 1 mobile players that love gigantic green buttons. /rantover

4 Likes

I do get where you are coming from. You dislike that they changed the way the filter works, which you find to be less useful for the way you used it. I actually prefer the pop-down menus to the side scroll, mainly because the side scroll took forever to get to those middle kingdoms (I never used the other options much.) I did recognize the advantage you mention of quickly going to entries at the ends by changing your scroll direction. That was handy, but not handy enough to overcome my annoyance about overshooting Maugrim Woods for the fourth time.

Though I do like the return to the old search format, I am dismayed that really only the format was changed. You can’t sort in any new way. It is at best, the same.

Of course it is not exactly the same, because we know there is one new option: sorting by two mana colors. My beef is that that is the only added functionality to the sort feature. There is so much more that could have been done. I would really like to be able to multi-tier sort. For example:

Sort by rarity. Then within rarity, sort those cards by level or amount or number of traits upgraded (which would be a nice addition to the sort menus in itself.) Or sort by base rarity and then some other option. The base rarity sort option is worthless. There is no rhyme nor reason to how the cards are laid out. It is not alphabetical, not by level, not by kingdom, not ascended rarity–you simply get a huge list of random cards. What is the point? I guess it allows the developers to say “we gave you what you asked for” but it is not useful. If anyone does find this feature useful, I would be very interested in hearing how it helps you.

I like the two-color mana sorting, and I think it is one big plus to this update. Unfortunately, I’m really struggling to find another.