The real truth. Recruiting has become close to impossible

That’s the benefit of an alliance for sure.

To increase the “workload” for the game now when many people have to work extra because of the economy being so bad worldwide is a little odd…

But hey, at least this weekend is a free weekend (besides of ongoing events).

1 Like

The things that don’t make “sense” actually are meant for some people to make “cents” I suspect.

Don’t look now :see_no_evil:, but in a couple of weeks we have a Journey train wrecking into a Vault weekend. :rofl:

I’m on the flip side of this conversation as of last night. I have two accounts, been playing for a very long time, but I am a casual player (level 1200+).

This last few updates I think shattered the guild that I’ve been part of for over 2 /12 years. Just way too much to do individually, and then guild wise. And most of us have jobs, families, other things to do instead of sitting for more than an hour on line gaming.

I joined this guild because it was so nicely laid back. We had a nice level of reqs, and pretty good engagement.

But last night I found out that two players both just have had it, burnt out. The guild head - burnt out, second - burnt out… Leaving me and my other account = by ourselves as of this morning.

I went looking for guilds this evening - and everything had just competitive level of engagement.

I just want to have fun, spend my 500k on guild tasks, mess around with the events - and not be required to win at GWs since honestly I dislike it most of the time.

But there are very few guilds that are not competitive driven. If they are out there, they’re not advertising for new people.

So maybe if some are having a hard time, maybe you need to re-think what it means to be playing this game…and for those that just want to have fun.

7 Likes

What platform do you play on? I know many guilds with reqs around that

1 Like

And as soon as I read this, I heard it in my head, too. Apparently that’s a core memory that’s never leaving me. lol

1 Like

Just be grateful it was only that and not the repeating song of Mario Bros. :rofl:

1 Like

If you are still looking and play on PC/mobile, I’ll have a spot in a guild that meets your description later today (Minion Machine). Maybe even two spots, I’ll have to confirm that.
Alpaca

1 Like

The best thing about this thread is that it is slowly turning into a recruitment thread. :joy: :joy: :joy:

4 Likes

LOL.
Eika, I’m curious. What’s the Queen Macawi’s Bodyguard in reference to? Pokemon? Whitney Houston? :thinking:

1 Like

She is my bestie. I tried to make her laugh with it, doubt it worked. :grimacing:

Aww, she probably chuckles about it all the time, but just doesn’t admit it to you. :joy:
Does she also play GoW?

Nah, she quitted 5 months ago or so.

There’s still hope though, you never know what makes a person come back to the game :)) Or you can do other games together. There’s an awesome one called It Takes Two - like one of the best co op games I’ve ever played. It has a bit of everything in it for everyone.

1 Like

I play on PC/Mobile. But I think I have found someplace.
Thank you for asking :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I wasn’t meaning to. Actually my point is too many guilds have unsustainable reqs, that create burnout. Or worse - guilds that are based around being so competitive that they forget there is a person - real life behind that person who gets sick, has issues, and needs to work.

I still find it funny - I got kicked out of my first guild for having the audacity to disagree with how to go about playing the game.

The second guild I burnt out… I just could not keep up with the reqs.

Third guild - Guild person was a nut case.

This last guild was awesome… but the last year of buggy updates just took it’s toll. One by one the active members became less active.

Heck I tried to be a beta tester but found that the things I wanted to test - such a Mobile, events, things that were timed, you just couldn’t do that. As someone who spent 25 years as a Software QA (engineer, manager and director when QA actually meant something), I was taken back by how little automation, active logging, and ability to get to specific aspects of the game was problematic.

3 Likes

You can’t blame a girl in need for trying :rofl:

I’m glad you’ve found a place. I hope others in the same situation will find a place for themselves too.

2 Likes

There are 3 types of guilds. Very active, casual and dead. The hardest part about a casual one is finding a GM to run it. A lot of the time it’s someone’s Alt running the thing. Lots of casual guilds say they are casual but in fact they are anything but casual. They are dead. The other issue with a casual guild is you get some to join and they expect events to be done some how. There is a 4th type of guild that exists that most folks don’t talk about. These are quite rare. This is the type that all players must eat sleep and breathe gems. No playing another game will be tolerated. If you need loot and can keep up for a month or 2 they are an excellent way to catch up your account because you will be flooded with LTs. Most of these guilds are on PC mobile but there are a couple on switch I think. The PC mobile ones are usually recruiting due to burnout I guess.

1 Like

Not to worry, as soon as you said that, the Mario song started playing in my head. LOL

1 Like

Not saying we definitely have what you’re looking for but you can check out Anonymous Guardians. We have a post on guild recruitment that you can have a look at.

Sorry about losing your guild. Happened to me in my other game (but I was the one who was burned out being the leader). I’m happily playing in another guild now, and I’m sure the matching gems one is out there for you, too.

1 Like

I would say it’s a combination of many things. One thing would be guild requirements, how high are yours? Are you blocking out MANY players because they’re low level, because they have actual lives and can’t play for hours a day? How much of the hard recruiting are you creating with ridiculous requirements? It’s a GAME, it’s nothing more than to take a break from reality for a bit, it’s not meant to become a job and add more stress.

My guild is always full without recruiting at all, because we have 1 requirement, “participate in guild events”, if they get 1 point they’ve participated. I created it mainly for low levels to come in get their feet wet, learn the game, and get troops/resources built up in a no pressure to perform and relaxed environment, where they could learn and play at their own pace. Our guild now has many high level players (Level 1000+) that want to play in a relaxed environment and not have to meet someone else’s ridiculous demands of how they play and how much time they need to put in. The new players can come and learn, ask questions and get answers, when they get higher level they can stay or go some where else if they want and another new player will join the guild. If people have a busy week or are going on vacation, they drop a quick message they won’t be playing for a certain time, no big deal, it’s a GAME NOT LIFE. A lot of the hard recruiting is your own fault for making ridiculous requirements and only accepting high level players, the majority of player base are lower levels (Under level 1000) and you’re blocking them out.

4 Likes