The new meta on consoles

Skulls have been my go-to for the last 2.5 months. I even wiped out a fully traited Stoneskin/Armored Team earlier today with my Skull-based Team.

I’m just a level 154 nopony. To hear you say that skulls are your meta solidified my claim. Anything that gets me traitstones, honestly; I need more minor stones then there are canon ponies.

maps and if you get good more maps.

Consoles didn’t get the updated Treasure Hunt. No Traitstones whatsoever in Maps.

Get good at maps until you get the 1.9 update and then show your skills at trait stone grabbing.

Already there. I love Maps and I do very well on them. Even hit a few 250+ move runs, my best being 362.

omg that is some skill.

Talia do yourtube to show us noobs how its done :smiley:

1 Like

Imo every invading team needs Valkyria or it’s not meta. Sadly everybody needs souls more than other resources in the end, and nothing beats Valkyria for that.

I don’t argue about the winning effectiveness of the team though.

1 Like

Considering players have to farm for Traitstones anyway, I leave Valkyrie on my farming Team with Tyri. I reserve my PvP Teams for full teams that have maximum combat effectiveness.

I see your point, but you can use Jarl, serpent, valkyria + cele/knight coronet/silent one or whoever and never lose a match. At least with the bonuses from kingdoms. Full red banner, serpent can be first in team if Jarl doesn’t have lead trait. Don’t even need to trait most of them.

Tyri could fit in as well I think. But that combo already gives maps pretty well.

The downside is it gets boring and there’s no challenge and valkyrias sound effects start to annoy.

Actually I don’t recommend this team to anyone, it sucks the fun out of game.

The thing about adding Ascension and Traits to the game is that now almost every card is viable if used properly, even Commons and Rares.

I can, and have, build over a dozen “uber” Teams for PvP since the Update. There is NO single Team that is unstoppable and unbeatable, everything has a counter.

1 Like

That’s kinda the problem, any well made invasion team with little synergy beats every defense teams. The AI is too easy. And it hurts the game. Boosting stats of opponent troops is really lazy solution and also doesn’t make it anymore intresting. IMO.

Then again I usually get bored to games when I reach end game and everything becomes easy.

I did like the progression part of the game, when you didn’t have all troops or maxed cards.

Build a team around a certain aspect of the game and if it sticks run with it.

Synergy and “well-made” go hand in hand. Every Team I have ever built has synergy and must work as a 4-man team or else I won’t bother.

a well made team could be like alchemist, Valkyrie, banshee, prisma orb. It works but gives you no bonuses for team composition. Or you could use Templar, priestess, tyri, mercy which gives bonus for team composition but it is not well made. I think well made and synergy are different. The first team only works because spell feeds into next unit to cast next spell. Prisma orb is there to catch the overflow. The second team steps on each others colors to a degree of disgust but however long it takes it can still yield the max amount of gold and maps that you are trying to get but your wins come from skull drop accidents when you are trying your best to not end the game.

What you describe is synergy.

That’s a farming team, so synergy takes a back seat to reaching a specific goal.

I meant leveled (traited) troops with well made. Traits aren’t yet needed though.

And that they work together with synergy. This was my favourite part of the game, to craft teams that work well together. Now that the team must have Valkyrie(for me) I don’t find this so much fun anymore.

I think I only enjoy arena anymore. But alas it’s bugged for me. Gf still likes to play treasures and some pvp. Both mini games are great.