The Lord of Slaughter or The Wild Queen?

The current Soul Forge has The Lord of Slaughter, however, I checked with TaransWorld and The Wild Queen is poised to come up soon.

I’m relatively a new casual player Lv 1109, but only has HKI and random mythics (not great mythics, I don’t use them) from Campaign and random key draws.

I know eventually I’ll need to collect them all, but my goal is just to be able to have flexible troops for different situations.

My current use teams consist of: Beetrix, Gobtruffle, Tesla, Leprechaun, HKI, The Empress,

I am continuing accruing diamonds and what not. Should I just craft The Lord of Slaughter and pass on the Wild Queen?

Imo

Craft weapons, you see them once every 38 weeks.

All your mythics will eventually key drop.

3 Likes

If you care about the really late game progression, then yes, weapons are the way to go for sure. It can take as long as 2 years for a kingdom to come back up in the soulforge for its weapons, but mythics have a cycle of like 1-ish year iirc. That being said, I personally think the wild queen is more useful than lord of slaughter, since skulls in general are a bit of a risky strategy against super high-level stuff, and removing attack is a pretty decent way to help there.

I would highly suggest that you always buy every epic weapon that shows up in the soulforge, since they are relatively cheap, also getting every kingdom/troop type explode weapon, as well as every kingdom/troop type “create gems of color x and y for each troop of this kingdom/type” since those weapons will almost always find a use in some event or other.

5 Likes

Thank you! Interesting, I’ve only been only trying to snipe weapons that I see on youtubes (like Ropedarts), and only used a handful of them for all scenarios. Is there a reason to collect all the weapons vs getting better troops?

1 Like

Thank you! So just buy all Epic (purple and up) weapons? (even if it’s non-explodies)?

1 Like

Eventually you’ll need weapons from every kingdom, to level up kingdoms.

There’s a possibility in the future, you could wait a year for a weapon.

Mythics always drop from keys, or seals.

I only forge weapons, or non chest drop troops.

1 Like

yes prioritise weapons. I was weapon blocked for a long time

3 Likes

Good replies above, but on the specific question: I find The Wild Queen generally more useful, and more fun to play, than The Lord of Slaughter – he really wants to be at the top of the team to make full use of his skulls-do-true-damage trait, but that makes him vulnerable to his own skull creation backfiring on him – so if I had to choose one of the two I’d choose her.

3 Likes

Interesting. I’m the opposite. Love my LoS and meh on WQ. They are both good but I just find LoS a lot fun to play. :woman_shrugging: Point being, everyone is different!

Meanwhile, I am with everyone who says prioritize weapons.

2 Likes

ALWAYS craft any purple or lower, you SHOULD craft ALL weapons (except new ones that you may get from buying like tier 4 in the weekly event), and if you have to pick, prioritize:

1. the weapons you need to craft The Ruby Macaque (so you can eventually MAKE it)
    2)Explode x [color] gems, buff and summon [kingdom/troop type]
    3)Deal x damage + Create a mix of 6 [color] and [color] gems for each [kingdom/troop type]

Those are the most useful imo, but as others have stated, unless a mythic REALLY catches your eye, prioritize ANY weapon. For example, i find Morthani’s Darkness to be an incredibly useful mythic, so if you don’t have that, its one i would suggest trying to craft. Pharos Ra is also important for soul farming, so if you don’t have him, keep your eye out for it.

3 Likes

You’re a casual player asking hardcore long-term players what they would do and they’re responding by telling you how they would advise players wanting to be like them. They’re saying weapons because they block kingdom progress, but if you’re just playing this game for fun on occasion just craft what’s going to make that a better, more fun experience in the day to day.

Also, soul farming is a nonsense from the past and not something anyone who considers themselves casual should ever do. Play vault weekends if you desperately need souls and other worthwhile rewards, don’t burn 4k diamonds on Pharos Ra of all things or random weapons you’ll never use just to have them unless you have designs on stepping up from the enjoyable/casual experience.

3 Likes

You are right, but I collected weapons from level 800.

As I used my brain, mythics you can drop every day.

Weapons can only drop from forge, maybe Upto 2 years of waiting, so I just used my brain tbh.

And now iv only ,7 mythics to get, and iv crafted only 6 total.
Rest are from keys.

Ps. Your completely right of fun value, fun value is. Los.
Queen is badly overrated.

1 Like

Yeah, prioritize weapons. Maybe pass on doomed weapon (unless they are the original 6 color converting ones)

As much as I like The Slord of Laughter (as I call him), The Wild Queen probably is the better option unless you have all the troops and can go for a very few combinations where Slord is actually more valuable.