The Future of Gems of War on PS4/Xbox

Is this a “not right now” thing or more of a “not ever” thing? I haven’t even started an account on mobile but it would be nice to be able to link them some day in the future.

This is great news, yes, but who says this is what Mr. Strange was referring to when he said a “plan” was being put in place?

I’m happy for my console brothers and sisters and glad to hear that we’ll all be one big happy family (version wise) soon but I can’t help but be a little apprehensive about this announcement and what it means for the big guild update slated for PC/mobile in 2.1; is this going to further delayed its release? :sweat:

Right now it’s a “not ever” thing unfortunately.

There’s still two development teams, just under one roof. This shouldn’t affect the PC version at all really.

Can we get an answer to this? @Sirrian @Nimhain

1 Like

While console players will not be able to use mobile maybe we can migrate our accounts off console and onto the PC/mobile platform once everyone is synced

On the issue of catching up - my idea of 100k glory for 100 quid makes a lot more sense now. More troops need to be released, heres a way for the players to use glory each week and for the developers to make money. Could put a deadline on its use; i.e spend by the time console has caught up so it cannot be carried forward to the newer troops.

Legal issues are usual very expensive endeavors to change/“investigate”. Even “not ever” can be subject to modification… Obviously we will never see their particular agreement with Sony/Microsoft but we know for a fact per Nimhaim the initial agreement restricted it. However if your interested, here is some context:

This is just Microsoft
3/2014: NEVER. http://gamerant.com/pc-xbox-one-crossplay/undefined
1/2015: Case by Case. Xbox One, PC Cross-Buy to be Handled on a 'Game-to-Game Basis' - IGN
5/2016: YES. http://www.gamespot.com/articles/rocket-league-xbox-onepc-cross-play-goes-live-toda/1100-6440103/
2017: ???

I have more faith now that it is in house.

I’m happy for the console players, really great news for them.

Though… The only thing I see in the opening post is:

:scream::dizzy_face::skull::urn:

Guild update by mid-to-late October ON CONSOLE!
You’ll have it WELL before that on Mobile/PC

To clarify…

Early September

• Mobile/PC gets Guild Update
  • Xbox/PS4 gets PvP + Explore Mode

Mid-to-late October

• Mobile/PC gets Something Cool ™
  • Xbox/PS4 gets Guild Update + Something Cool ™

As always, a disclaimer, Those dates are subject to small amounts of movement based on the whims of Microsoft/Sony/Apple/Google, and any unforeseen bugs that might happen.

20 Likes

There’s a difference though between “cross-play” and “account transfer”. The dev team could definitely enable all players to compete in a single environment, but they would presumably need to do a server merge in order to make that happen. However, there’s never been any indication that you might be able to use your account across all devices. I can’t imagine this happening any time soon since there’s no incentive for either Microsoft or Sony to do this. The closest I’ve seen is with Mortal Kombat X where console and mobile are somewhat different gameplay experiences but they both contribute to the same leaderboard and you can link your accounts and unlock exclusive rewards for each by playing on both.

I also think it’s debatable whether or not it would be good to have everyone on a single server. On one hand, it would be cool if we were all competing together simultaneously b/c it would mean one big community of players. On the other hand, it would be unfair to console players who are a year behind (especially once the guild rework and guild wars hit and guilds become more competitive).

:astonished: Just to be clear, those “Something Cools” are the same thing, which means the goal is to have console fully caught up, feature-wise, in the October update?

Also, 2.1 confirmed for 9/7 or 9/14. That seems so far away right now!

Also, time to speculate on what this “Something Cool” is! New mini-game I’m guessing?

Phew, thanks for the clarification :innocent:

Indeed they are!
The only thing unclear to us at the moment is: Will Mobile/PC have the task system in 2.1.5 (mid-to-late October)?
It’s a stretch task for us to get that in, so it’s a possibility but not a definite right now. We haven’t finished finalizing our plans for the task system, but I’ll share when I know more.

8 Likes

@Sirrian

If at possible, could you introduce using Souls as currency for more than leveling?

I’d also like a way to use Traitstones differently. People have mentioned upgrading, but downgrading would be good enough. So many Majors…

1 Like

All things are possible, but we don’t have any plans to announce about either of those things yet… we’re laser-focused on Guilds right now!

1 Like

Does the Guild-patch voor Mobile/PC include the lifting of the level-1000/1001 cap? Hopefully not, I’m desperately trying to reach that milestone before that happens! :slight_smile:

1 Like

How dare you! :grin:

1 Like

Yes, we’re raising the level cap to 1002!
( :imp: trolling :imp:)

In all seriousness, we’ll have announcements about ALL the features for 2.1 in a preview
video, a week before release.

9 Likes