The Fury Road

Apart from last week’s World Event (which was a horrible grind), I’ve found the two Journey Events recently to be much slower and tougher than a World Event. That’s with my standard, Tier 3 buy-in.

But no, I wouldn’t miss either.

4 Likes

Ditch obscure scoring unless its explained in event. Journey? no thanks but 3 day faction repeats should be a no brainer. One day tuesday run is and always was a horrible experience.

3 Likes

Considering this is basically thought of as a casual game, played by people of all stages in life & maturity, the complexicated event scoring is a nightmare.

Many players never ever see Hawx’s posts and are completely oblivious about the scoring, which is frankly punishing any guild out there → many of those players (especially lower level ones) would prefer to take easier fights, leading to them having less overall score → makes it harder for the non-hardcore guilds to complete the events.
:confused:

And for people like me who have actual memory issues, it can be a struggle to remember the score order all the time… which is really frustrating :frowning: → it can sometimes take conscious effort to keep track of things for me /sigh.

8 Likes

Not kidding, I have an LCD tablet thingy to write notes on - I use it for shopping and to write down event scoring so I can have a glance and see what’s worth what.

Isn’t that crazy?

We really need those changes - and please don’t create something ingame that we need to look up again but mark every fight clearly so that we don’t need anything but the map with the possible battles.

You could do it for journey with the miles, I’m sure you can do it for world event as well.

1 Like

I post the scoring in Global Chat 429 (pc/mobile) which is currently the only thing I could think of to help the community out with an in game solution.
We keep the channel free from chatter and purposely scouted the channels to find an unused one so that it only has the scoring and nothing else. Hopefully that helps out a little

7 Likes

Super helpful. Until word gets out and the channel is flooded by recruiting posts or random trolls.
I tried the same thing years ago with my team builds. I haven’t used it in years and trolls now think the channel still exists somewhere in global. A part of me hopes they bother checking every channel that exists.

1 Like

There’s been a few random posts in there but generally everyone is pretty grateful and respectful and doesn’t post. I mean I can’t claim a public channel but seems that nearly everyone so far is happy to use it for the scoring and then switch channels to chat/recruit/talk cat or whatever the cool kids do

1 Like

About the only game mode with any variety is weekly event so i like them. The points per battle last week were ridiculous and this week is unnecessarily complicated. So although i like playing the events i 100% agree the scoriing is maddening

Do you really can not see why they do the obscure scoring thing?
Most people do not read the forums or different discord servers, or reddit or whatever. I haven’t knew about channel 429 either.
An easy straightforward scoring would be too easy to figure out, with this kind of scoring those who do not look up the rules can not optimize their sigil usage. They need more sigils to reach the goal, more sigils means more gems spent, and gems are money.

3 Likes

I don’t know, that feels like a pretty convoluted way to make money, they could just raise the score required to unlock rewards instead. Somebody probably just thinks players love to hunt for wolf anuses at 3.1415 points a piece, multiplied by the current moon phase. Unfortunately, that somebody seems to either be entirely immune to feedback or locked up well enough to never receive any. On the bright side, at least trophies are called trophies each week, and their value never changes.

13 Likes

I have just burst out laughing reading this. You should see me trying to figure it out before the official scoring gets posted at midnight, sometimes I reach a similar conclusion that it can only be some deep form of witchcraft to determine the scoring.

6 Likes

I laughed harder at that than I should have :joy:

1 Like

Thats easy since there are only 8 phases of moon and tonight is The Waning Gibbous, the sixth cycle so 3.1415 times 6 equals 18.849. So, it is 18.849 points for each wolf anuses. :wink:

For people who are curious about moon cycles:

1. New moon
  2. The waxing crescent
  3. The first quarter
  4. The waxing gibbous
  5. The full moon
  6. The waning gibbous
  7. The last quarter
  8. The waning crescent
2 Likes

:roll_eyes: :sweat_smile: :vulcan_salute:

5 Likes

We have a contender for best comment of the year right here lol

3 Likes

Anyways. Are we going to get guild based leaderboard any time? Like the bug for couple first world events? I would like that. More in-guild stuff to do and to compete in. There was supposed to be “different” styles of WE. Now is just the same, with different wolf anuses (anusi?) every week.

2 Likes

This tab will show the scores of everyone in the guild. It obviously won’t give rewards based on performance in guild though, as giving rewards to people in every single guild would not be great for the economy. It does serve as a leaderboard to compete against other guildmates.

As English is not my first language i am really struggling to read your sentence. Would is be possible to break it into smaller sentences? Maybe with few punctation marks in between?

What i am after is Tower of Doom type leaderboard. Where guilds battle against each other for the glory of tops spots. I think two first World Events had a bug where the leaderboard was guild based for couple hours. And it was quickly fixed. I would think this sort of change would bring more variety in the event and make guild interaction more fun.

Go to the world event and look at the tab shown.

This tab shows all members of the guild and their points to compete against each other within the guild. The tab after it named leaderboard is a personal score competing against all other players in all guilds.

Not sure exactly what else you are looking for. The all player leaderboard gives some weak rewards. The guild only scores do not grant any rewards as it would be too much to give some members of every guild a reward. Also players could just find ways to abuse that system.

He means a leaderboard (last tab) with the total scores of all guilds instead all players (on the system). Like Tower of Doom, like they announced it at the beginning of the world events, but since day 1 it was allways just a players leaderboard:

3 Likes