The Flesh Horror Battlecrasher

So… All of you are accepting 1 Devil as compensation for your wasted time? As if 99% of us wouldn’t have gotten more than that playing?

This is why they continue to do what they do.

7 Likes

Yes. 100%. Players thought 1 give away is better than 2 from farming.

2 Likes

You weren’t given anything. They handed out 1 troop instead of you getting the 2 you would have earned playing. You did play right?

So what they did is give you HALF of what you should have been able to EARN.

2 Likes

Correct! It’s called reverse psych. Remember this is a special event where Devs will give out some freebies. For some reason, give away always sounds nice. We should’ve gotten 6 by now, but we only need 5 today to forge the weapon.

1 Like

You make little to no sense at all.

Correct! That is totally right.

2 Likes

Dear Devs, @Jeto, @Kafka,

Just focus now on new Faction Weekend without F-UPs, please!

Much obliged.

1 Like

How is 1 copy of The Devil acceptable compensation? Getting 2 copies from grinding takes 5-10 minutes… Compensation should have been 2 copies of The Devil and 100 gems. the message said “For the ONE you missed” Does that mean the hard cap was supposed to be 1?

I fail to see the issue with someone getting 500 copies of The Devil. What do people do with them? Sit on their couch and stare at them? Seriously, I would like to know, what’s the point? Even if you want to be one of those people that puts up a freebie team in PvP that’s only 4, 9 if you REALLY want it to be mythic. Even if you disenchant the rest it’s negligible soul gains.

5 Likes

The issue is the game economy is calculated on absolute cash conversions of game assets. Lengendarys have a high economic value, so the money-men will throw a fit if a game mechanism is implemented that gives easy access to 1000s of percieved dollars worth of content, even if that content is meaningless to the player base.

2 Likes

I laughed harder at that than I should have. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

On one hand we have the player base complaining about the umpteenth copy of Cedric, on the other hand we have someone who thinks that any troop over mythic x4 is still worth anything to the players.

It would be if we could trade 1000 copies of a legendary for a mythic we want.

Otherwise it’s worth next to nothing.

The disconnect is real. :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

As for the compensation, I’m fine with it since I didn’t farm, and I can craft the weapon today as expected.

Should really have been two, though, to be honest.

The only thing I dislike about the event is the failed reset and the flubbed communication regarding the hard-cap we all know is present.

If, at the outset, devs had said “hunt for The Devil today — the second is harder to find than the first, and there won’t be a third, so search while you can!” most would have been fine with it. Excludes weekend players in an unfair way, but then when it became clear 30ish minutes was a reliable daily commitment to get the cap of 2 even they wouldn’t have too much room for complaint. It would have just been a fun event for everyone with a fun prize at the end.

But the FOMO is real when things aren’t working, or seem not to be working “as intended” (which is, effectively, the same thing to the player), and everyone is aware of a time-dependent goody — miss out on Devils, even if through no fault of your own, and you cannot have the cool weapon you were made to want (and suggested you would have a reasonable shot at earning).

A thought experiment:

Nysha tokens are incredibly rare, right? It can take an entire day of effort for even dedicated farmers to find one.

Well, if we set the entire forum to the task, you’d have hits. Some lucky players would find one within an hour, I’d bet. It’s been done and tracked before.

Yet no one has been able to get a third Devil encounter. That means effectively said encounters aren’t there.

That’s what feels bad.

If they aren’t supposed to be there and so aren’t, fine. But if they’re supposed to be there and aren’t — NOT fine. And anything rarer than a Nysha token “isn’t there” enough, probably (many would argue even Nyshas are too rare, but :man_shrugging: that’s not something we’re discussing at the moment).

Okay — deep breath before the other issue at-hand

Last thing: as others have pointed out, The Devil is esteemed far too high in your value-assessment because that valuation is not circumstantial and it should be.

What do I mean by this?

Well, I mean simply The Devil has a set-value in the eyes of the Devs but a diminishing-value for the player (and all practical purpose).

Devil 1 is the most valuable — it increases the player’s collection, contributes to Kingdom Power, and is one-of -five needed for Trick and Treat, a cool prize everyone wants.

Devil 2-5 are the next most valuable for reasons of Trick and Treat crafting. But these devils shouldn’t include the valuation for the other stuff — they don’t contribute to kingdom power, etc…

The 6th devil is valuable for purposes of ascension-to-mythic — it is worth a Minor Orb of Asension to the player in practical terms (or 1/5 of one, in actual-terms).

Devils 7-9 are valuable for anyone who doesn’t want to spend an orb and does want 4 copies of the card at mythic.

And after all that EVERY Devil has a value of EXACTLY 100 Souls, Period.

100 souls is basically worthless to any endgamer, so if they gather hundreds of the card, who cares? If anything, it’s less than what a player gathers when a player is actively soul-farming (where it’s easy to get 1k souls every 10-second battle or so).

So the assertion that players just “want more rewards” is a straw-man at best. We’re not just greedy, and shouldn’t be dismissed as such.

What we are is a playerbase who wants to have a shared reality with the game designers, but more and more there seems to be disagreement between the two sides about what “Reality” is. Devs say A 3rd Daily Devil is possible, Players say A 3rd Daily Devil is impossible, and those positions are mutually-exclusive. Only one side can be right.

It would be nice if we could all be on the same side, the side of reality, of what’s right, and then only have disagreements in regards to the qualitative was this fun, why/why not, etc…

/2¢

29 Likes

There is no limit, the chance does drop off sharply each time you defeat The Flesh Horror so it’s less and less likely you will encounter another each time you do so.

I understand that if you give the average rate out then you get a lot of complaints by people who don’t understand math. But saying only vague things like “small chance” and “drops off sharply” is no better.

Fortunately, there is a good solution, which is to include benchmarks.

For example, if there’s a 1/100 chance, then calculate out and share that there’s a 9.6% chance after 10, 39.5% chance after 50, 63.4% chance after 100, 86.6% chance after 200, etc. It takes longer to type out those values than it does to calculate them.

Sure, there will still be a couple of people who will not get the math, but the rest of us will be able to judge how much time we want to spend to attempt to get one more or not (and thus be happier with our gaming experience).

3 Likes

Maybe there’s a super secret thing you can do if you have 500 of a troop that we don’t know about!

Seriously though, I agree that the 500 copies thing makes no sense as a concern.

3 Likes

This. I don’t understand why this dev team seems to be allergic to admitting this.

I got today’s two Devils within about 5-6 battles. Nothing after that for another ~20 battles although I saw plenty of Keeper of Souls.

Just admit it already. The only ones who look silly here are you, devs.

12 Likes

I wish I had that luck. First day I had a couple hours with none, then two back-to-back. Today I had one in my first hour, but no more after several hours.

1 Like

I am happy with the compensation. One copy of The Devil is much better than 50 gems!
I crafted that piece of crap weapon today just to never use and never upgrade fully.

On the other hand I am greatly disappointed with the communication, repeating the same lies over and over again. As other stated nobody found a 3rd Flesh Horror not today, not on Monday.
If you want to limit how many copies someone get, introduce an accumulating daily limit, like 2 in this case. What I mean that the limit should not reset but increase every day with a constant number and decrease with every win. So on Monday one can have 2 and if they don’t play on Monday on Tuesday the limit should increase to 4, and so on, so on Sunday one should have the chance to find 14 battle crushers.

7 Likes

Did 5 E2 runs this am. Got a Flesh Horror after runs 3 & 4. Did 5 more E2 runs, then 4 E12 runs to get better tokens.
Zero Flesh Horrors after run 4.
Plus I’ve talked to several guildies, including one who plays E12 like it was a common level battle, and NOBODY has gotten 3 Flesh Horrors in one day.
Maybe if the drop rate was Posted, it would clear up this issue.

7 Likes

Why hide that the quality of the game is worse with each update and new event?

2 Likes

I agree 100%.