The Bear Returns!

Originally published at: The Bear Returns! – Gems of War
Hello Brave Adventurers, we hope you are well! It’s been a busy week for us, as we moved our studio to a brand new location. Among other things, the new building comes equipped with a technician who tells us we don’t have internet when we actually do! Is it possible he seeks to add a level of suspense, drama, and surprise that the previous studio didn’t have? Maybe! But until we figure that out, let’s talk about what’s happening as part of this week’s PVP reset!

New Troop: Barbearius Barbearius is one of the few surviving members of the Ursak Tribe of Bear-Folk, hunted to near-extinction by the Wargare. He's made his way back to his ancestral lands of Maugrim Woods, and he's ready to knock some wolf heads together with his giant club.

Barbearius Cards

Glory Rewards Treasure Map It’s been great hearing how much you are all enjoying the new Treasure Hunting mode, and both Treasure Maps and Souls will be available this week in exchange for your Glory points. Let us know in the comments what your best haul from Treasure Hunting has been so far!
PVP IconPVP Rewards Reminder With the PVP reset comes payouts in Souls for your efforts on the battlefield against other players. Remember, you'll have until the next event to climb as high as you can and earn yourself some souls.Here's what you can earn at each rank:
  • * Rank 1: 300 Souls
  • * Rank 2: 150 Souls
  • * Rank 3: 80 Souls
  • * Rank 4: 60 Souls
  • * Rank 5: 50 Souls
  • * Rank 6: 40 Souls
  • * Rank 7: 35 Souls
  • * Rank 8: 30 Souls
  • * Rank 9: 25 Souls
  • * Rank 10: 20 Souls
  • * Rank 11: 16 Souls
  • * Rank 12: 12 Souls
  • * Rank 13: 8 Souls
  • * Rank 14: 4 Souls
  • * Rank 15: 0 Souls, and the book '100 Great Fake Prizes for Your Internet Blog Post!'
4 Likes

Yeah, great event! I really liked it. Do it again!

3 Likes

Why my post no show? C’mon, show!

2 Likes

I bought 8 Barbeariuses.
I think the dev team should add 8 troop slots, so I can take my whole army of armored bears into battle!

2 Likes

I used NECROMANCY to find one of the oldest posts around. Please discuss and enjoy. :grinning:

2 Likes

1 Like

where’s the ban hammer?

Agreed more Barbearus please xD

Agreed, I don’t think people appreciate how hard it was to find an ancient topic and then resurrect it, you even get a warring from the forum not to do it.

I did it as a joke for myself, after seeming a few Necro posts in the last few weeks, but its obvious you have to go way out of bounds to “Necro” a thread.

I’ve never had a warning for necroing a thread, so it must only be for very old threads (i.e. more than 3 or 6 months or something).

It’s actually pretty easy to necro on Discourse forums:

• When you try to start a new thread, you get suggestions of old similar threads, some of which can be very old.
  • At the bottom of each thread you read, there’s a list of other threads to read next, some of which can be very old. It’s easy, particularly for new forum-goers, to click one of these and want to respond to the points raised without noticing that discussion has been dead for months.

So we should all discourage necroing threads but at the same time, be understanding of how easy it is to do.

(he says, having done it more than once himself when he should have known better) :yum:

1 Like

Thank you for “The Bear Return(ing)!” to his proper place on top!

This was right after the week that introduced the long forgotten ‘disenchant all’ feature. I remember because the disenchant limit defaulted to 1, and I forgot to set it on the new event troop. I only had 1 Barbearius for months!

interesting idea

I love that this comment is in this thread…