The Baaaargain Hunter

Originally published at: https://gemsofwar.com/the-baaaargain-hunter/

New Invasion Troop: Rubitressa Rubitressa will be available in the Invasion Shop, and will appear in Glory, Gem, Guild, and VIP chests in 3-4 weeks’ time. New Ultra-Rare Troop: Satyr Hunter The Satyr Hunter will be available this week for 300 Glory in the shop as well as in Event Chests, and will appear in…

3 Likes

You should feel sheepish about getting my goat like this. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Opportunity missed to name it “Satyr Hatyr”. I guess it wouldn’t localize well but uh…

6 Likes

Opportunity also missed to have a weapon named “Glaive of Many Goats” actually, you know, summon at least one of them…

2 Likes

I wonder when can this weapon trend can end. Feel so uncreative

2 Likes

image David Dickinson

These new troops will be cheap as chips :wink:

1 Like

who does she steal armor from?

From the one you choose to use her spell on, I think.

1 Like

Man, if you are not a Goblin in this game, you are not worth much.

They should have called it “Glaive of Many Groans” instead, because of that “upgrade” that destroys three random green gems. Brilliant idea, let a weapon create gems, then remove them again right away without resolving any matches.

7 Likes

This is pretty firm proof of the disconnect between the GoW community and those who design troops and weapons. Glaive of Many Goats surely started development long after it was pointed out that create/destroy weapon traits are legitimately harmful to the player—hurtful in many more situations than they are helpful. For the Primal trait to have been left on the weapon through the entire production process speaks volumes about how often the designers play the game they are designing. Alternately, it speaks volumes on how much they care about player feedback.

13 Likes

Maybe it’s shared property. Like, “many goats use this glaive”.

We wouldn’t know, because adding lore to troops and weapons was “too much trouble” i.e. didn’t create money.

1 Like

Speaking of poor design…

Is Rubitressa’s steal 4 armor supposed to be stagnant or is it supposed to be boosted by magic like Wild Queens cast does?

If it’s working as intended then it’s working then it may be the worst invasions troop released this year. Congratulations?

1 Like

It’s a poor siege breaker for sure. But hey, potions will save the day yet again if you cough up the gems. I remember the good old days when LBS reflected some modicum of creativity and perhaps a little skill. All potions have ever done is create mind numbing soul destroying grind, just like almost every other game mode. Unbelievable. I swear this has become the Stockholm syndrome…players have given their love (time and cash investment) only to be dragged into a world of gamer despair that they can’t quite leave because maybe, just maybe, things will get better. Newsflash…it’s not going to happen. Spend nothing.

1 Like

I, for one, appreciate the potions (granted, I don’t ever compete for leaderboard position). They aren’t universally reviled the way the proposed epic tasks are.

Ugh… You’re 99% correct.

But the Faction Assault participation due to potions have clearly hindered any sizeable effort from the devs in balancing them. Outside of that… I’m with you 100%… Potions and the ability to boost teams from Sigils have been a positive effort given.

2 Likes

I didn’t get around to it in the Spoilers thread, but yeah, this week’s new troops, not good. 2017 called, and wants Rubitressa and Satyr Hunter back. An invasion troop who steals a fixed 4 armor as it’s main perk? A glory troop that tops out at 4 magic, but needs that magic to boost a single troop’s attack stat? Both troops are significantly weaker than Lapina Explorer, released earlier this year.

She is the real “baaaargain” this week, even at a total cost of ten event keys and 3,375 gems:

2 Likes

3375 gems?

image Image result for david dickinson bargain hunt throwing money

260 event keys, roughly? Not bad at all, when you think of it that way.