The AI cheating since the economy hotfix is absolutely insane

Let’s clarify a bit - “mana surge” is something that gives you double mana collection from a gem match.

Separate from that, matching 4 or more gems gives you an extra turn.

Simply getting mana surges over and over is impossible - because mana surges do not give extra turns. The only way the AI could take that many turns in a row is to have more than a dozen 4+ matches in a row.

If that happened, it sounds super frustrating. But it would have nothing to do with the chance of getting a mana surge.

I’m sure @obi-juan meant 10 matches in a row.

If that happened? For the last week the AI has rarely gone a match where it doesn’t pull off a 10+ Cascade. For the sake of stats, since I made this thread;

My wife and I have played 357 matches
The amount of Treasure Maps (6+ Cascades) we have gotten is 32
The amount of 6+ Cascades the AI has gotten is 169

How are you tracking this? Do you have a video you could post of the AI performing this well?

For reference, I’ve earned 17 treasure maps in the past month - and I generally play 50 matches a day. If you’re getting that many maps, perhaps you’re playing a heavy transformation team like Alchemist/Valkyrie/Banshee/Mercy? If so, then your board is probably mostly 2-3 colors all the time, which would seriously skew the probability of getting big matches via random drops. Those sort of teams actually benefit quite unfairly from the combo-breaker. Which is to say - the number of AI cascades is seriously reduced.

Also by your numbers - 169 AI surges in 357 games played = 47% of games with such a surge on the AI’s part. (or less, if it happens multiple times in a single game.) That seems to contradict your initial statement that you’ve “rarely” seen the AI fail to get a cascade.

1 Like

I won’t comment on the match issues because I haven’t had any uncharacteristic issues beyond streaks one way or the other, but will comment on the tribute issue. I have all troops maxed currently and have not received a single tribute since the hotfix where they instituted 0 gold battles and had the magic key glitch.

I collect about 4-6 times a day on average and have specifically made it an interest of mine to mark down every time I collect to make sure I am not just missing when I do get it, for some reason.

I understand the concept of RNG (Even within the realm of programming which isn’t truly random but that is pretty moot). For the first week I chalked it up to bad luck but as I enter the two week mark, calling it bad luck is holding less and less weight.

I am starting to think tribute is as borked as the tasks.

@Mr.Strange

You are right that I get most of my Maps from heavy transformation/colour destroying Teams. I don’t have Mercy (PS4, so it’s not even available yet) but the two Teams I use most are;

Lance Knight
Alastair
Valkyrie
Brian the Lucky
with Adana’s banner, used to farm Souls

Gloom Leaf
Gorgotha
Keeper of Souls
Celestasia
with Khaziel’s banner, used for PvP

The numbers I posted above aren’t for Mana Surges, they are for Cascades. I also mistyped the number of games we played. It’s 257 not 357.

I’ll admit when I said “rarely gone a match” I wasn’t my numbers. Halfway through typing that post I grabbed my book and then started using my numbers and never went back to fix the earlier part of the post.

Side note - Brian the Lucky doesn’t effectively boost the number of souls Valkyrie generates, since the number is hard-capped at 40. (Plus Soul bonus multiplier.)

Brian is a fine troop on his own, but the two don’t synergize.

Brian isn’t for Valkyrie, he’s there to boost the Magic of Lance Knight and Alastair so I can keep everyone alive with ridiculous amounts of Armor. I fight the 4 Centaur Scouts in the first Challenge at Divinion Fields.

(I have all Missions and Challenges complete, so to farm Souls I’m stuck with a 5-star Challenge or PvP)

There’s also Arena.

I do several Arena runs a day, but they aren’t as much fun as my Soul Team.

I might as well get my Arena runs in now before the update happens and Arena becomes broken.

Yikes!

Between the AI turning back to it’s cheating ways with a vengeance today (was okay for a couple days) and the retarded options the game is giving me for Arena there is absolutely no way I’m playing Arena today.

Even PvP has become a complete s***show, with every game being a coin toss. Literally played 3 PvP matches where every move I made set up 2-6 Extra Turns in a row for the AI.

Like a fool I attempted 3 Arena runs and got a stiff reminder that the AI is in no mood to allow the player win. Every single match the Hero weapon’s colour(s) were so sparse that I couldn’t get a single Spell off. In 12 matches!

This has been an issue for a few weeks now, where the Banner i choose directly effects what Gems drop. Whatever colour(s) I have for bonus, they rarely appear AND the AI will target them if they line up for a future match, even avoiding Skulls to do so.

This crap is just too obvious to anyone with a semblance of programming experience. To lie to us and say the game board is completely RNG is insulting. There is no way that the AI can average 3-5x more Extra Turns and Cascades than the player over 100s of games if it was pure RNG.

Statistically impossible. I have two degrees, in Accounting and Statistical Analysis. I know numbers better than 99% of people out there. I am done with this topic, as there is nothing I can do and nothing the developers will do. I will now only be playing with the cheapest, most overpowered Teams that can win matches in a turn or two. May not be fun, but it’s the only way I see the game being playable these days, and in the future, i will be avoiding any game made/managed by Infinite Interactive, Pipeworks Software, Inc. and 505 Games.

Don’t even bother replying, I’m muting the thread and any user who PMs me about this will be blocked permanently.

might want to check your difficulty… seems like it is ON.

Sorry it took a while to reply back, but let me clarify what I meant by my post. I didn’t mean the AI got 10 turns in a row (without me having a turn). Rather, the AI got a “mana surge”, or double mana, on its first 10 turns of the game. None of these turns were in a row, or at least most of them weren’t. It went - my turn, then AI turn with mana surge, then my turn, then AI turn with mana surge - and so on.

That is why I think something is up with the mana surge percentage calculations. My chance of a mana surge is in the mid to high 30% range, as I mentioned, because you see these stats in the hero menu. That means roughly 3 or 4 out of every 10 moves I make gives me double mana, and that seems about right. No way the AI should be getting a mana surge almost all of the time. The one example I gave was extreme, it hasn’t happened again, but it still is happening way too much. If I had to guess, it seems like the AI is getting mana surges at a 60% or greater rate. Just an estimate on my part, but just play a few games and you will see. By the way, I am on Xbox One.

1 Like

my bad i missed that part :confused:

I have to say I’m a little surprised no one else has noticed this. When I play now, I just expect the AI will get double mana on almost every turn. The few times they don’t is a bonus. So you have to deal with this crazy unfair advantage every single game. Granted, I can still win most of the time, but sometimes all of the cheating makes the game a lot less fun.

Again, there is no possible way the AI can be getting a “mana surge” of double mana at a rate of 85%-90% unless the game is broken somehow.

same here hte it

Only thing i notice is that often when im going good the enemy team suddenly gets a free out of screen drop of rows of 5 that fill up their whole team or kill 2 of my cards with multiple perfect skull line drops, i call that “the compensator”

xD

either enemy team AI is becoming sentient ~terminator soundtrack playing~
or its just me being maximum unlucky lol.

“statistical analysis”

Since when is this a course LOL…

At your local college perhaps? Sinclair community college has that class.

Honestly never heard of it, i thought statistical analasys was just a basic cognitive function, beside that statistics are absolute hogwash on everything except for static values. random number generators are not static values so can not have statistics.