The 3rd GoW Forum Fantasy Series - Round 1: 1 vs 16

I am not trying to ‘protect’ you or anything of the sort, I’m pretty sure you are able to do that yourself if you wanted to.

I only commented on the issue because the series is supposed to be fun for everyone (not just the participants), and I personally could not possibly have fun watching the series go on like this.

Of course, if all participants feel that they are completely fine with it (and agreeing does not equal being fine with it), then there’s nothing more I could do, besides regrettably adding the series to my mute list, as to not see this sad sight anymore. The rest of you, are welcome to ‘have fun’.

Being fine with it no, i miss judged and miscalculated who was using what. However this is only the third series so it should be understandable that there are still kinks in the game that need ironed out. It took till the third series to notice a problem with the rules that had been used up till now. If this was the 10th series then i can understand why you are upset as a viewer but this is all still so new to everyone. Even now those competing are still green to everything. In the second series i decided to do some under the table stuff for example to give myself a tactical advantage but then that backfired and led to the troop list being used by everyone. The next series will be different and everyone who participates will still be learning how this works and how to make it better for everyone. No game is without bugs or much less perfect and that holds true to the fantasy series as well. Even now the devs have made moves to make it better and are setting up guidelines for its operation. I hope you are with us in the next one.

You weren’t on the thread so you don’t know what happened; you’re just speculating. I explicitly called for a new poll to determine seeding and it fell on deaf ears. It was a group decision to proceed, not a unilateral one.

1 Like

I know, and that’s part of what bothers me. It’s much easier to dismiss whatever I say by saying I don’t know what happened, and that’s exactly why they prefer the discussion to be in private in the first place.

I did not understand what you said. Was there a poll or not? Was the decision to proceed unanimous, or just based on a majority vote?

I’m asking this because, in my opinion, a majority should not be enough in this case, any single objection should prevent it from continuing the way it is. A poll is actually a good way to check for objections without anyone being afraid to state their opinion, so if a well designed poll was resulted in unanimous vote to proceed, then I have no further claims.

Part of the problem is that we were trying to stick to a timeline, which is very difficult with so many people in different time zones. @Studs really did try to push for a change, but he is right, nobody took him up on it.

There was definitely a lesson learned in the execution of this series, that will have ramifications for any others going forward.

1 Like