The 3rd GoW Forum Fantasy Series - Round 1: 1 vs 16

Great job @Shiratori ! I’ll be pushing for you to win this whole thing! It would be great to see goblins on top!

Well this wasn’t quite the grudge match I had originally planned @Machiknight. Good run though.

1 Like

I’m trying very hard not to say “I told you so”.

Oh, wait, I just did.

@Shiratori, you were supposed to choose a bad team, that’s what you said you’d do since you serve as the commish and only filling in. In the end, you chose a full goblin team, which is considered very good on both invade and defense (and many people actually use). This is not something anyone else but you could do, since you chose all your troops at once.

I would consider this very unfair and an abuse of power. Does it really not bother anyone else?

1 Like

I’ve been thinking about it the whole time, but I complain enough, so didn’t say anything. This is going to be my last fantasy series.

Aww why, you did well enough even though this might be the last fantasy series anyway.

It won’t be the last, that’s confirmed.

The 4th Series is even going to start on time

Oh sweet. I wonder if i can construct nim’s team for the next one.

1 Like

Personal reasons really.

1 Like

For the record, a lot happened behind the scenes that since you weren’t a part of this, you had no idea about.

Your point though will not simply be dismissed. However, it will be handled in private until a resolution is reached.

Bothers me. I would have loved to play against this in the series cause it would have probably got me into the second set.

Nothing that may have happened behind the scenes could have justified this.

You participating in the series was a mistake. You decided that on your own, before any “behind the scenes” discussion could happen, and against the rules of the series. Multiple alternatives could have been used, including waiting an extra day, or seeding the previous winner to the second round.

Putting all your choices together in the draft order was also a mistake, as I pointed out back then, and you agreed on principle - but assured me that you’d choose a bad team on purpose, one that could not possibly win - but obviously enough, it had not happened.

Me not being part of the series just highlights another mistake - you were clearly not open enough. The fact that your own lineup was never announced in the draft thread, for example, since people could have called you on it early, and you could change it without repercussions. Any other important decision that may have been made in PM and could affect this should also have been made public.

Alright @yonizaf, I have been keeping track of this. Your objection is noted and we are in the process to correct this, of which you aren’t aware of because you aren’t a participant.

Please teturn to the spectator role

I just realized that the goblin team was played by the sub-commish. That deck is not easy to win against without counters. I miscalculated. I should have just offered to play against the goblins round one even if i got taken out in round 2. Who the heck thinks goblins are easy to beat. Why not play a team of only commons.

Well, to be fair, I think @yonizaf is perfectly within his rights to speak his mind about it, and taking down to him only serves to sully the series.

In any case, in these drafts there is a private pm thread that goes around between all participating in which @Shiratori asked about his participation to which everyone agreed, and in which he asked about changing his team to goblins to which we all agreed.

I value your input @yonizaf and want you to continue to enjoy the series. If I had any sour grapes about how my round turned out, I have nobody by myself to blame.

3 Likes

I never meant disrespect but this is being handled and a public breakdown of the process would “sully” the Series more.

This is a matchup thread. Anyone reserves to make a separate topic in the Fantasy Series category to voice concerns

After deliberation and speaking with those involved, the decision is that the results will stand and @Shiratori will continue on.

In future Series, if there are spaces left vacant, there will be automatic byes. @Shiratori was not acting malicious in his decision to join, merely attempting to fill 16 spots and even picked last to try and eliminate bias.

As an additional note, should @Shiratori place in the top 3, everyone moves up one place. He is to receive no prizes, those are reserved for YOU guys/gals.

#I’m the Commish

2 Likes

Told you so.

I’m out.

those of us directly involved… shiratori, machiknight, and i offered our solutions and were also offered several solutions. this is the one that was decided upon by ALL of us.

i know you cant see that from here, but the discussions were actually that, discussions. and talia is reporting in a more boss/employee type way (if you were a teacher - i would say protected/privileged information)

As @Machiknight wrote, he was against the goblins thing, but did not state his objection so to not be the one to start a fight. This could be true for others as well, had anyone stated his objection first, others may have joined, but no one did.

The commish is in a power position, and the participants are under pressure from that fact, and don’t always feel that they can freely state their mind. Having someone agree to an unfair solution made by someone in a power position is something I have seen happen in real life too, an unfair solution is still just as unfair even if everyone agrees on it.

The solution doesn’t even make sense. Since @Shiratori should not be a participant and his unfair team should not exist, his very existence in the matches disrupt things too much. It doesn’t help that he’s not getting a reward, as long as he can kick out in the first round someone who could otherwise make first/second/third place, the results can not possibly be taken seriously.

I did agree to this, and all of us officiating had multiple chances in the lead up to affect the participation of shiratori, but none of us said anything. That’s on us participants. The result is gone the way it is, if he makes it to top 3 he drops out and bumps everyone underneath up.

1 Like