The 2nd GoW Forum Fantasy Series: First Place Match

It basically feels to me like sour grapes casting a pall over the whole event.

Ok I’m missing something. You’re basically talking about having a stand alone match… But to what end?

Let me explain something a little in general here. The grudge match here is a 1 off thing since yes you had 2 Gorgotha teams and really bizarre quirks of fate that tied me and Machiknight together. So this 1 off was being thrown together.

That said, and this is a point I stressed repeatedly to @TaliaParks, the series needs breathing room and have some down time so it doesn’t burn out. Even with this, there still will be more than a week to the draft. Voters don’t want to see this all the time or else they’ll lose interest in being the outside participants. So in my opinion, having a constant thing running would be detrimental to the series long term health.

2 Likes

No I wouldn’t say sour grapes. People just expressing their concerns for the future.

If anyone was going to have sour grapes, it would be me since I traded him to you or @PowerPlay for having a crappy draw.

Yes but we are talking instead of a fantasy series, it would be a championship challenge match. Yes the dynamic is the same but think of it as an event between pay-per-views. The pay-per-views are the huge event but then you have the grudge matches and story building aspects in between that leads to those pay-per-views.

Since when was this a place where we can’t have vigorous debate about whether a troop should be nerfed or is OP? You’re literally shaming me into not voicing my opinion…

Again, my opinion is that this would not be that good of an idea in part for reasons mentioned and in part cause there’s no personal incentive. Even the grudge match features 2 winning teams as voted on and both @Machiknight and myself have a personal connection with them. There are no prizes but there’s still a personal vested interest. Plus it is my last shot at this so give the fans something big to go out on.

But just picking 2 strong teams in genera will begin to dilute the uniqueness of the whole series especially when you can end up with 2 similar teams going at it for real. No one really wants to see reruns and repeats much.

Again just my opinion to distinguish it from any official stance.

@Studs it’s why I said that it’s not sour grapes cause I never had that impression from you.

To everyone here,

May I officially suggest that if you’d like to express your opinions and suggestions, please create a new thread within the fantasy series sub forum. It’ll be easier to express your thoughts and both myself and @TaliaParks will have an easier time following what is being said. Thanks.

That’s a very good idea. @Machiknight, I apologize if you felt like it was personal, but I assure you it was not. You clearly crafted a good team and made a fantastic trade. Congrats, once again, to @Machiknight, @DonBoba, and @Bobomb!

4 Likes

For the winners, may the odds be ever in your favour.

This would be a great idea and way to have this debate. It’s not that I don’t think it is a valid debate, but I would rather it be in its own post than hijacking this one.

Accepted. Let’s make a new post about OP troops!

2 Likes

Hey Guys,

I’ve sent mail to PC/Mobile plays in game which should contain your arcane traitstones.

Console players I’ve added the stone directly to your account.

Please PM me if you didn’t receive your stones.

7 Likes

They arrived, thank you very much :slight_smile:

It has arrived, i just need 3 more to complet tyri’s second trait.

Thank you for your assistance and your support Development Team!

1 Like