The 2nd GoW Forum Fantasy Series - 2nd Round: 4 vs 15

This makes me sad cause the split is getting worse. I wonder if he is feeling the explosive pressure of your team.

Donā€™t be shy forum goers, feel free to vote!

1 Like

Always have to love the unexpected curve balls real life throws at you. Best laid plans etc. etc.

Itā€™s late, it may not make much of a difference at this point. But there will be a fight. We will not go gentle into that good night. About 12 hours remain, plenty of time to attract those from down under, across Asia and Europe, and finally back to the Americas. To fill the mood for the rest of this as I usually donā€™t say much.

The numbers, they are deceiving. It may look like we trail by much, but in fact, the number is just 4. The 4 people who had switched their votes to my opponent. Maybe what he said swayed them. After all, I hadnā€™t had a chance to say much of anything really as a response before now. But those 4, had you stayed, things would be even right now. Further, there are at least another 25 people out there who backed us in round 1. You know the team is good, or else the victory margin wouldnā€™t have been there. Maybe you want to see how we can pull off 2 in a row. Well come meet the playersā€¦ the team that will not rest until the final wisps of our dying breath.

First, some things about the adversary. Yellow/Blue. Yellow/Green. Blue/Green. The colors of the troops that are supposed to make his team win. The fact they overlap each other means Celestasiaā€™s large mana pool is already blocking both of his offensive troops. Add in Paladin and Rowanne is already completely blocked off. So from the very start, one of his snipers is completely shut down until his other 2 are full. Hard to kill anything when all you have to fire is blanks. Next, Runesmith. The weaker version of Sparkgrinder. Viewed as an asset for his team since he can enhance both the attack and armor of any team member. But this ā€œassetā€ will just make it easier to kill off his team as you will see.

How do we win this? It starts right here with Soothsayer. A key in the team that won it all the first time out, he provides many avenues to help us win. For 1, he curses the enemies. Taking 2 off 1 of each of their stats already eats away at whatever boosts they may have had. 2nd, heā€™s Empowered, meaning heā€™s fully charged to fire off his spell on start. Then, thereā€™s his ability. Soothsayer will pick a purple gem and destroy the row and column it is in. Right there, his ability provides 15 mana to the rest of the team, giving everyone else a jump start on their skills. Oh, and did I mention his ability gives everyone else +1 to their magic? That means, everyone else will see their skills hit a lot harder as well. Lastly at 9 mana, he can recharge very quickly, especially considering he gains bonus mana whenever Green or Brown is matched. While it may not be too consistent, his skill can be used to help position a 4 match to give even more turns to the team, while exploding the random skull or 2 is the easiest way to make sure Celestasia stays very barrier-less for the rest of the troops to take over.

Next up is our teamā€™s sniper, Faunessa. She may not look like much but she truly is a boss killer. Her ability will inflict damage equal to the targetā€™s attack. This skill shuts down anything good that Runemaster may be able to provide for his team. Since the attack and armor gain is the same, that extra bonus is right away sniped away because of their attack gain. Worse (for them), because said gain needs to be spent on the rear troops in order to try and maximize their potential, Faunessa can kill the targets that much faster. Like her teammate, Faunessa is also empowered, so she can start killing from the start and more so, she will gain life as well. At 8 mana, she too can recharge very fast and damage them before any significant armor regeneration happens and the life gains will add up to make sure she can take that extra hit or 2 as needed to finish them off. She likewise provides extra purple mana for herself and the tank of the team.

Carnex. The aforementioned tank. He hits hard, he takes hits. He may not be as immune to skulls as Gorgotha, but he can still shrug off enough to make it less of an option. He can in fact inflict even greater skull damage as a boost from his armor. Most people know him already so little need be said. Heā€™s one of the strongest mana generators in the game and can clear away all the skulls when needed. Even with few skulls on the board, it will be more than enough to fuel both Soothsayer and Faunessa and just keep the team moving. Similarly to Faunessa too, Carnex will gain armor each time he fires off, making him that much harder to kill too.

Funny thing here as my opponent wrote up how he saw things happening, he completely ignored my last troop. Most everyone knows this one too. Itā€™s a troop that many people hated fighting against, especially while a low level and many others can testify that he can win games single-handedly. Webspinner. He attacks all, poisons all where possible, makes a lot of green, charges himself back up again, wash, rinse, repeat. Better thing for him these days is that Soothsayer will increase Webspinnerā€™s damage. Itā€™s never uncommon to see Webspinner fire off several to many times in a row. Back at only 2 damage per usage, he could still end up doing 20 damage, if not more, to everyone before the other person gets a turn again. Now, he doesnā€™t need to be that lucky to do that much. Sure Celestasia can heal and cleanse someone, but that still leaves 3 others slowly being eaten away by poison. By the time she might be able to cleanse someone else, the whole troop will be poisoned again. Webspinnerā€™s green generation also helps lead to many wonderful cascades and random skull set ups that can either finish off a target or be detonated by Carnex to help fill everyone else. Webspinnerā€™s damage all just grows stronger the longer things go on, completely obliterating everyoneā€™s armor so their assassins are left with bring a sword to a gun fight.

As a whole, the best thing about the team is they can play reactive and adjust to both the board and whatever my opponent may try to do. With 3 mana generators on the team, 2 low mana troops, 2 troops who can heal themselves in some fashion, 1 who can boost everyone, and 1 who can win the game on his own, the team survive a long battle as well as push to finish off someone quickly and as their troops start going down, their ability to come back far less of a reality.

So come, look at them and see how they can work together to take down anything thrown at them.

12 hours, 8 vote differenceā€¦ or for the 4 who switched to switch back. More than 25 people who havenā€™t voted yet. We can do this and you can help make it a reality. Youā€™ve stood strong with us through 3 rounds the first time and 1 so far this time. We will fight to the end.

Karasu no kokoro!

(tl;dr version: @Bobomb did a pretty good summary on how we should take this anyway a couple of posts up. Thank you all.)

3 Likes

I also have a green/red, but nice way of forgeting that so easy :slight_smile:[quote=ā€œShiratori, post:23, topic:6807ā€]
Celestasiaā€™s large mana pool is already blocking
[/quote]
Celestasia blocking? Shes the best mana feeder in the game and you say sheā€™s blocking mana? Thatā€™s literaly impossible. + I have those nice links that give additional mana on top of all the mana feeding celestasia does.

True. Celestasia had blessed. Buffing 2 stats. Mhm you can scratche this.

So webspinner damage (only spell damage you have) will go from 2 to 3? :scream: I better surrender right away, he wonā€™t just tickle me, he will tickle me hard![quote=ā€œShiratori, post:23, topic:6807ā€]
While it may not be too consistent, his skill can be used to help position a 4 match to give even more turns to the team,
[/quote]
You are 100% right, it is not consistent. It has 66.6% chance to give me a match for the extra turn, and 33.3% chance to give you an extra turn. I did the math. So yeah he will be more consistent on giving me an extra turn.

Are they going to attack celestasia with pillows? Because webspinner tickles aoe.[quote=ā€œShiratori, post:23, topic:6807ā€]
Next up is our teamā€™s sniper, Faunessa
[/quote]
Team sniper? Itā€™s like calling dire wolf team sniper (he at least has a sniper sign for his debuff). On original troop levels she is much less efficient so donā€™t call her a sniper, sniper kills in one shoot, your ā€œpokeā€ sniper needs 4 consistent shoots without anything else happening.[quote=ā€œShiratori, post:23, topic:6807ā€]
This skill shuts down anything good that Runemaster may be able to provide for his team. Since the attack and armor gain is the same, that extra bonus is right away sniped away because of their attack gain
[/quote]
Just lol :smiley: so a 10 attack troop with 15/15 boosted 20 attack troop 15/25 will still have 20 attack :wink:
Yeah you will damage the troop harder (for the amount of armor it gained,so the troops looses nothing, but is only left with much more attack)[quote=ā€œShiratori, post:23, topic:6807ā€]
because said gain needs to be spent on the rear troops in order to try and maximize their potential
[/quote]
Uhm what? Have you actually ever used paladin or rowanne? They will 2-3 shoot your guys, they donā€™t need any buffs for that lol xD[quote=ā€œShiratori, post:23, topic:6807ā€]
Most people know him already so little need be said. Heā€™s one of the strongest mana generators in the game and can clear away all the skulls when needed
[/quote]
He is not in the top 20 :slight_smile:
No one plays him, thereā€™s a reason why.[quote=ā€œShiratori, post:23, topic:6807ā€]
Back at only 2 damage per usage, he could still end up doing 20 damage, if not more, to everyone before the other person gets a turn again
[/quote]
In a dream world where everything is possible this will happen. Your time will also nearly mine in that dream world :slight_smile:[quote=ā€œShiratori, post:23, topic:6807ā€]
obliterating everyoneā€™s armor
[/quote]
2 damage at a time, such obliteration, much fear wow. +1 armor gain per turn. Nuff said.

If your team is combined of 6 troops this is a true statement. Because webspinner is the only gem generator there.[quote=ā€œShiratori, post:23, topic:6807ā€]
who can heal themselves in some fashion,
[/quote]
Iā€™ll just quote what you said about your team, you commented everything already :slight_smile:

But what to say about opponent who tries to get an extra vote or 2 off the song, not from his team. .

Sorry if I lack the fancy edits on the reply. Stuck back on the phone. But lets see.

Yes Celestasia is a blocker. You have to fill her up first before your other troops begin to sniff any sense of usefulness. And if sheā€™s that good of a generator, then Webspinner is even better since he makes more gems than she does and is guaranteed to get the right color.

Now have you even used Soothsayer? Do you know how quickly he can fill himself especially since heā€™s primed at the start? Heā€™s used on speed run teams because curse is useful to offset blessings and because his skill buffs everyone. You think Webspinner would just tickle? I have once guaranteed with multiples highly likely before the ā€œticklingā€ begins. And yeah even at 2 damage, Iā€™ve had Webspinner lock the opponent out and kill for game. Just think heā€™s doing more than that now so I donā€™t need as many lucky cascades while yeah your armor looks pretty weak by then.

As for making the 4 matches, I was referring to the times when you have 2 above and below the destroyed row. Not often but it is a scenario I can control.

Further, Carnex, Soothsayer, and Webspinner all generate mana. Exploding, destroying, changing to the correct color. Since 2 of my troops need less than 10, they both can fire off very fast. How many of yours have that? Oh and yeah, mine both have mana bonuses too.

With Faunessa, yeah your 20 attack troop still has 20 attackā€¦ while sitting in the back doing nothing else but waiting to die. I bet that second hit again is going to do far more than ā€œtickleā€. And letā€™s see, youā€™re saying Paladin and Rowanne need 2-3 shots unbuffed. You really think theyā€™ll get that many in the first place? Celestasia has to be fed first and sheā€™s not going to have the easiest of times making 4 matches now and those colors she will make will go a long way to feeding my guys too. So yeah my guys can dance around as needed. Plus with 2 chars that can add to their defense, thatā€™s just all the harder youā€™d have to reach out to finish them off. Meanwhile poison will be draining everyone in their spare turn. Barrier isnā€™t staying up and yeah hereā€™s that reaction part. If the board favors skulls to match, Celestasia wonā€™t live long.

As for the song, just to fit the mood and make the post not feel as long.

Oh and the count is now 6ā€¦ or 3 to switch back. 10 hours. Plenty of time to vote and bring this home.

Thank you all.

Karasu no kokoro!

My team: can best any team at any level.
Your team? No. Thats why no one is playing faunesa, carnex or webspinner. They are not bad troops, but there are other much better. I agree soothsayer is a great troop, one of my personal favorites :slight_smile:
But still you keep saying celestasia is blocking something ?!? and sheā€™s actually the one who is going to fill up everyone.
Both webspinner and sooth can missfire very hard, and my team gaining those greens and extra turn(s) means you are dead after a single bad spawn.And it will happen to you and me both, but after I kill 1 of your troops, your team already lost, thatā€™s not the case with my team.

The one person you can target freely is Runesmith. Celestasia targets Paladin? Hope you get green otherwise your blocker is going to eat it up and further hope itā€™s enough to get her full again.

Oh yeah and if you do lose Celestasia, Iā€™m pretty much left with free reign to pick off your guys however in see fit. Lose Paladin or Rowanne and your whole offense is completely shut down since thereā€™s nothing to stop me from smacking the other.

As for me, losing one of my guys doesnā€™t hurt as much since Iā€™d still have at least 2 people to make mana for me (again, 1 guaranteed better than Celestasia since he makes more gems. If you say Webspinner is risky, look in the mirror with your gal. Only 50-50 to get what you want with less being made.)

Considering Webspinner can win on his own and you didnā€™t even feel like he was worth mentioning, seems like youā€™re pretty much underestimating what they can do together.

Karasu no kokoro!

Repeating this wonā€™t make it happen. It was possible in 1.0.6, those days are long gone.

And if you lose faunesa or webspinner you dont have a troop to deal damage with. So yeah, you lose as soon as I take one down. And since I actually have some strong target damage (which you donā€™t) wonā€™t be hard :slight_smile:

Boy a 2 aoe damage troop to beat the whole team Iā€™m which 2 troops regain 1 armor every turn, and thereā€™s celestasia with heal, with barrier. Plus a runesmtih to further tank up armor. You arenā€™t exaggerating at all xD
Is your heads in the clouds or what xD :cloud: :cloud: :neutral_face: :cloud: :cloud:

I never even entered this forum from a computer, we are both posting from a mobile, dont see what was the point of this comment :unamused:

My phone works poorly so typing in the first place is difficult for me much less trying to arrange the text around. Thatā€™s all.

Iā€™m using duck tape to hold the screen glass in its place xD
Donā€™t know if its funny or sad though, but stupid clumsy me dropped the phone a month after purchasing, and half year later glass started falling off piece by piece, and I donā€™t have 100ā‚¬ to invest for a new screen. So duck tape for the win!

Now you also keep repeating that Webspinner only does 2 per use. You just forget Soothsayer on game start ready to go. Thereā€™s 1 more. Plus you donā€™t think Soothsayer is firing off at least once more before Webspinner goes to town? You also forget that Webspinner doesnā€™t need much of a board setup to get repeated cascades, especially since again he makes more gems than Celestasia. Getting a run of 12 to 20 damage to everyone you have isnā€™t much of a stretch to pull off nor does it require as much luck as you need for Celestasia to fill everyone.

Oh and good luck getting to Faunessa quickly enough. She does keep adding to her health (which IS magic based so again, Soothsayer for the buffs). She can last a long while because sheā€™ll fill on 1-2 matches and just wear your troops down.

And Runesmith? Sure keep giving them attack. 1 shot from Faunessa as a response and youā€™re not only in the same place you would have been without it, but now set up to take even more damage.

Karasu no kokoro!

(Duck tape? Lol. Iā€™ll give you points for that. My phone fell on some rocks. Screen is all cracked and misses half the stuff I type.)

VS

Pick your winner!

4 Likes

8 hours remain and gap is narrowing. We can pull this off. 3 to switch / 6 of the old supporters who havenā€™t voted to come on down. Itā€™s a fight and a race but we can and will prevail!

With the traitstones for this week, come see how good Webspinner can win for you. Solid poison damage to west everyone down and 1 skull hit to annihilate the target thanks to triple damage.

Again thanks to all.

Karasu no kokoro!

5. Thatā€™s all we need.

Letā€™s make this the fight no one saw coming.

I explained everything I had, you hopping to pop up soothsayer to do anything considerable is just a hope, nothing more. Voters see that, and difference is larger then 5 votes.

Wow, this one really blew up! Great arguments!

4 Likes

I donā€™t need to hope about firing off an empowered, mana making, low mana needing, team booster. Heā€™s going to be destroying gems all night long.

And they have read the argument. Do the math. Itā€™s 22-17. 5 vote difference and getting smaller.