The 1st GoW Forum Fantasy Series: The Tournament - Second Round (2v8)

#The 1st GoW Forum Fantasy Series: The Tournament

LINKS of the progress:
The 1st GoW Forum Fantasy Series: Announcement/Registration
The 1st GoW Forum Fantasy Series: The Draft (and apparently Discussion as well)
The 1st GoW Forum Fantasy Series: The Tournament - First Round

So everyone we have finally reach the final stage of the first Series, the Matchups and the PUBLIC VOTE

Guidelines:

• EVERYONE is welcome to vote, links are at the bottom of each matchup
  • Vote according to your own rules. Are the Troops ascended? Is it player vs. player or AI vs. AI? Is it a best-of-whatever? You choose, however always assume a fair fight
  • ALL Troops are fully-Traited, please keep this in mind
  • The re-balances of April 18 DO NOT APPLY. The Draft was conducted long before and the Troops were chosen according to how they worked before
  • Each Round of voting will be open for 48 hours, then the votes will be counted by the Commissioner. The Commissioner’s totals are the official results.
  • There will be in-game rewards for the top-3 winners (Thank you, @Nimhain & Development Team)
    • First: 8 Arcane Traitstones of a single type, of their choice
      • Second: 5 Arcane Traitstones of a single type, of their choice
    * Third: 3 Arcane Traitstones of a single type, of their choice

##The 2nd GoW Forum Fantasy Series

• I will be taking applications through Private Message with the goal of a 16-Team Series next.
  • With a 16-Team Series, there will be a Round Robin in a “Group Stage” followed by a playoff
  • There will be in-game rewards for the top-3 winners (Thank you, @Nimhain & Development Team)
  • There are plenty of spots open, so please feel free to join.
  • You are also welcome to ask the competitors of this Series for their personal experience in participating.

Guidelines:

• EVERYONE is welcome to vote, links are at the bottom of each matchup
  • Vote according to your own rules. Are the Troops ascended? Is it a best-of-whatever? You choose, however always assume a fair fight
  • ALL Troops are fully-Traited, please keep this in mind
  • The re-balances of April 18 DO NOT APPLY. The Draft was conducted long before and the Troops were chosen according to how they worked before

##SECOND ROUND: #2 ENDURANCE TEST vs. #8 KARASU

Endurance Test

User: @PowerPlay

Banner:

Troops & Position:
Herdmaster
Templar
Alastair
Goblin King

Team Bonus:
None

VS.

Karasu

User: @Shiratori

Banner:

Troops & Position:
Gorgotha
Terraxis
Watcher
Soothsayer

Team Bonus:
Daemon Captain
All troops gain +2 Attack for having 3 unique Daemon troops

• #2 Endurance Test

• #8 Karasu

0 voters

Poll will close Monday, April 25th at 2:00pm Central

LINK TO #5 VS. #6

1 Like

“Aw, c’mon, I know Gorgotha’s awesome and all but that team can’t be THAT good against me, can it? I survived one offensive team, I can survive another. I’ve tried this team; it IS viable! It may be slower but you CAN win with this. Vote Endurance Test, everypony. We can take down Gorgortha and her Doomstones.”

Gorgotha is the main thing making sure that team will win. The only direct damage the Enudrance Test has is the skulls exploded from Headmaster and the weak cast from a summoned Goblin.

Plus the Watcher’s ability to inflict true damage and otherwise ignore both Templar and Alastair. Splash damage and Terraxis kill off the occasional barrier. All the while Gorgotha keeps charging everyone and Soothsayer strengthens all as well.

“But if yu can make good use of the skull damage from Herdmaster while he’s top, because the Leader trait adds 3 to everything including attack, and kill Gorgotha and Terraxis, then the Watcher is literally all they have to stand on. Soothsayer can’t have THAT high attack. Plus, that goblin’s spell gives an extra turn when cast; Death of a Thousand Cuts is a trope for a reason.”

These are key matchups everyone, don’t forget to cast your votes!

1 Like

75% resistance. You’d have to hit him 4x just to duplicate hitting anyone else once and he can take more than 1 full strength shot. So you’ll need many many skull hits just to get rid of him.

Meanwhile my whole team has a bonus to attack as well for our own skull shots but that’s just icing on the cake since skulls aren’t their main focus. They all have strong magic spells. Soothsayer makes everyone stronger. Everyone make Watcher stronger. Won’t take long for Watcher to 1-2 shot anyone. Your main defensive tactic is completely ignored here.

With no real direct offense except for the occasional weak goblin, there’s nothing to stop the rest of my team from doing whatever they want to do.

"Herdmaster is also the mana generator of my team. True, he takes full damage, but I’m good about clearing that skull crap out ASAP. Plus, explosion damage doesn’t count for your blocking. :stuck_out_tongue: "

And your generated mana goes for what? Plus your limited to whatever yellow may still be around. Gorgotha’s nuking is still magic based so he’ll be exploding more and more each time Soothsayer goes off, who starts off full so we’re plus-ing on our first turn.

P.S. Soothsayer destroys 15 gems as well so I have a solid backup mana generator as well.

Karasu no kokoro

And the enemy of their enemy is no longer their friend…don’t forget to vote in both matches (link provided above.)

"Soooooo… “I’m bucked, aren’t I?”

1 Like

Endurance Test now the chance to prove it’s name, can they outlast the onslaught and storm back to victory?

2 Likes

I’d like to take this opportunity to remind every that we have 3 spots open for the 2nd Series, starting May 1st. Go ahead and apply!

2 Likes

Bump since round one is now more fresh then two but not the same post because anti spam gets :rage:

I like your team and lets face it, yours has the ability to outlast and kill his team if the summoned swarm had poison on attack. Plus poison so good now.

O_O “92%-8%… Yeah, I’m out.” Power trots away slowly, going to a corner to cry.

It is ok buddy i thought you did good. Come i have apples you can have.

Don’t forget to cast your vote if you have not already!

1 Like

There is still time to get your votes in everyone. Be sure to vote in order to make this a regular monthly event on the forums.

And remember next tournament be sure to vote for team WTF😉