Tell me the ai it's not rigged!

The pitchfork sounds like a great idea, unfortunately wrong time period.

NeI

The thing @Shadow1, is that no matter how many claims you make about the A.I being luckier than you, the chances of any events happening in the game weren’t changed, you have the same chances to get skulls and cascades as the A.I, but as @Doordash_Support explained it won’t matter because the design for this event favors the enemies with upscaling stats to increase the difficulty after each successful battle.

If the general difficulty would be lowered then the veterans would still earn more than new players, so things would hardly change in this sense. As the event stands it does have an inherent appeal to players that might aspire to become stronger and do better gradually in order to reap the same rewards the veterans are earning.

This is not really a hill you want to die on, as you’ll get no support around here, despite the fact that everyone has had a match or 10 against goblins that wouldn’t stop taking turns until their whole team was dust, despite Fizzbang only having a 50% chance to explode, and Nobend a 1 out of f***ing 3. But no, the AI doesn’t cheat… smh.

1 Like

The bottom line is, the A.I. doesn’t cheat all the time, but there are times where it flips a switch, and you can’t win. Best thing to do is either keep getting stronger if you enjoy playing the game, or just walk away. Really all you can do in a situation like this.

2 Likes

Time and time again when the ai it’s in dificulty they go f*** super sayan getting absurd things I doubt we have the same chances, but of course I can’t prove it. The only thing I’m sad about in the end is that I’ve spent like 80€ for the armor thing and some other stuff supporting this kind of behaviour.

Exactly Seadogg they go nuts at certain points.

I sank in enough to get VIP 6, but this game and anything else published by 505 will get no money from me ever again. If Infinity+2 wants to make a game that’s full price with no monetization, I’ll think about it, but sadly, it’d likely be published by 505, so it’d be a big hell no from me.

1 Like

This is explaned by recall bias, everyone playing expects to win, eveytime you join into a battle you want to win. Any luck in your favor is treated as something expected. You are winning, everything is fine, it can go like that for dozens of battles, you are a real pro, you planned that lucky cascade of green gems that gave you an extra turn allowing you to cast another spell and you keep steam rolling the enemies.

But then…

Out of nowhere… the A.I devours your main troop with something ridiculous like a Gorbil, the gems falling into the board are not favorable to your team because of some stupid storm randomly actived by your troop’s death. The A.I then proceed to make a skull match, you try to fight back, kill one of his troops and then you face the Gorbil fully buffed that refuses to die and starts to wreck your team that is not getting any mana as long as this storm is active, the longer this match drags itself the worse you feel, if you win you’ll have a bad experience to remember thanks to some stupid lucky devour, if you lose the feeling is amplified by tenfold.

If something like this happens once out of ten times during a day and if you play at least 100 battles you still had 90% win rate, which seems like a good experince, but these ten losses are the recall bias making you, and others come here to complain…

5 Likes

I say believe what you like, there are those that think like you do and those who think like me. Thing is I also play other gem based games and not once I had this feeling, or read anything similar on their forums so again, believe what you like.I will just think I’ve lost those money and go on.

The Stockholm Syndrome is real with this game. :laughing:

1 Like

You won most of your games for a while, so winning became normal, hence unremarkable.

Then you lost a game. That felt really weird, almost like something was broken, because you’re “supposed to win”. It makes the loss really stick out in your mind, no matter how normal it is.

That’s not the AI cheating. That’s not a sooper seekrit “invisible difficulty” suddenly deciding to make you lose. That’s not anything unusual. That’s just losing a game. It happens.

Also, most people here obviously don’t understand what rubber band AI is.

1 Like

As always, well said, Goodwill! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ok, if you don’t want us to discuss or explain how the A.I is not rigged then your thread title is very misleading. I won’t try to dissuade you from your mindset.

2 Likes

That is all I have to say on the matter :+1:

1 Like

You win! :grin:

Sadly it always boils down to this. No one wants a discussion. They want to complain then have a bunch of other people agree with them and validate their complaint. If anyone disagrees, they want to call them names for not agreeing.

Players win over 90% of the time. That’s a bad bad thing because when they lose they get 30x more butthurt, then they want to post the facts about their feelings.

3 Likes

The AI in this game is pretty simple. It’s not very smart - at all - and all other things being equal, it would take a huge imbalance in deck strength for the AI to win even half the time.

It wouldn’t make for a good game if you won every time, so the AI needs an edge. This isn’t an increased level of intelligence or decision making. It’s been acknowledged many times that there are both hidden and open difficulty factors in the game. Given the AI doesn’t change and the stats don’t change, the only way to achieve this is through “luck.” This shows up in cascades, percentage chances, and so on. See my earlier thread about the Kraken for some evidence of this. There are many other threads about this as well involving players who’ve taken the time to gather data.

Apologists suggesting that it’s nothing more than recall bias are mostly incorrect, though not entirely. It’s true that players win a majority of the time and thus expect to win. This leads to players ignoring their own cascades and remembering the AI’s. However, while that may be true, it does not account for the obvious and documented flaws in “luck” and “difficulty” that very much favor the enemy.

The company I work for, a small business, was recently purchased by a very large company. One of the things they’ve said over and over is that we’ll come out ahead in terms of salary and benefits. The reality is that they have many largely useless benefits - discount plans and services, for example - that they are probably assigning a dollar value to. I assume when the developers say that the RNG doesn’t favor the player they’re factoring in many things - different game modes, larger sample sizes, and so on. Thus the player who experiences a rigged AI and complains can be correct, while the developers who claim the opposite can also be correct because they are quantifying the effect differently.

2 Likes

I was actually considering your points until you called people who disagree ‘apologists.’ Open your mind. Discussions don’t have to have a villain.

4 Likes

Can’t wait to see people complain about delve is too hard