Technically no defense teams, but, a workaround

You can test teams, it’s just complicated. They did keep a “defense” team, since you can still click on a player’s profile and have the fight option. What they did was set whatever team you last used as an offensive team in Central Spire. So testing a team, say for GW, would mean changing that offensive team to the team you want to test, then fighting yourself through guild roster or your own profile.
Notes: 1) It’s still considered a “practice” fight, so no real rewards. 2) There’s only one slot, so changing between offensive teams and teams you want to test means you have to manually swap them out, or paste in a code. 3) Central Spire is the only location where this works.
I’ve confirmed through my guildmates that this does work, so testing for GW is possible, yay!
EDIT/UPDATE: Fighting yourself does work. Set the team you want to fight against in Central Spire, exit PVP, click on your Icon, click on the helmet-looking button, choose fight, change your attack team THERE to the team you want to test. Test away. Now, when you go back to Central Spire, your team has changed to whatever team you used to attack and test with. So you’ll very likely have to change it.

7 Likes

Unfortunately you can only fight your central spire team with your central spire team. To practice you would need to have a guild mate set the defense team in the CS and then fight them with your team which you would also need to set up in the CS.

Edit: I see you mention editing your attack team, I’ll need to test that out tonight.