[Tech Issue] PS4: Performance Issues Last Two Evenings MST (1/11-1/12)

Platform, device version and operating system:
PS4

Screenshot or image:
N/A

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
I’ve been experiencing latency on the PS4 for the last couple of evenings (USA West Coast MST). Earlier today was fine, but last night and now tonight there is a half-second delay for every action after an input.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Repeated over the last two evenings (January 11-12, 2020, around 9:00-11:00 PM).

Steps to make it happen again
Just be logged in and play normally. Actions will take a half-second longer to register and game feels uncharacteristically sluggish.

Kafka, hate to send you on a wild-goose chase if this is client-side but could you please see if the PS4 game server for the West Coast USA is experiencing performance issues? I’ve been playing for several hours a day over the last few months and the last couple of nights have felt off/different.

We did have a little lag on the 9th and 10th on PC/mobile but not aware of any lag for our PS4 server recently.

The times you mention are peak usage times, it’s possibly related to your ISP struggling in your area with the load? Did you notice any lag on the PlayStore or anything else around that time?

Could be. I will keep an eye on it since you’ve seen nothing on your end. Sorry to label this as a bug report. I read the fine print now and will try to edit.

1 Like