Team Soul'ed Out - Generate souls fast and fun

it does, it’s fun to just keep swapping colors and never giving up a turn, I only wish there was any kind of bonus for that, that could compensate for the extra time spent (relatively speaking, compared to other, faster teams). Then teams like this would be a viable alternative in every-day GoW.

1 Like

I’ve noticed that with the original build (Naga / Hellcat / Alchemist / Valk) that I’m getting 2-3 maps per match without even trying. It creates so many cascades that getting maps is nearly guaranteed.

Yeah the map generation is a pretty neat unexpected surprise isn’t it. I know people like to knock Treasure Hunt mode, but I still love playing it for just the pleasure of the mini-game… also I find it’s a good way to generate Trait Stones

1 Like

I hate it honestly but it is what it is. I can’t bring my horrible OCD brain to let them sit unused. :slight_smile:

My dad really loves it. Half the reason you see him interrupting the video to bring me perogies is because he secretly wants to play Treasure Hunt but doesn’t want to admit it … so he drops by all the time with one excuse or the other… and then always says “well since I’m here why don’t we play some Gems”

:grin:

3 Likes

Somebody needs to bring me some damn pirogies!

Here’s a variation that could be interesting. It’s a bit faster than the original but it’s by no means fast.

Khorvash
Valk
Alchemist
Hellcat

If you have Khorvash with all three traits he does pretty good skull damage, tanks 50%, and stuns on 4 or 5-matches. Looping through the other 3 troops usually ends up with the entire enemy team stunned at some point, which neutralizes things like 1st-troop stoneskin tanking and the residual drains of the Horsemen. And if for some reason you run out of loops, you can fire off Khorvash for a little extra kick.

OK guys, have fun. I just beat Sister, who is currently #3 overall in PVP. I didn’t just beat Sister, either. It was a right thrashing. And I don’t even have Spirit Fox traited yet!

Red Banner
Khorvash
Alchemist
Valkyrie
Spirit Fox

Right on, 'gratz!!!

I’ll try that team tonight after my AA meeting :slight_smile:

Oh, what a rush! I could see Terraxis just simmering to a boil with his 11 mana while I took turn after turn after turn. Thanks for this video, @KruderTheHorse.

“ヽ(´▽`)ノ”

A new variation for fast Explore mode and farming trait stones.

Leans Banner:
Naga Queen / Mercy / Valk / Bul Tauros

Mercy, Valk, and Naga loop with Bul Tauros getting filled by the leftovers. Naga buffs Bul Tauros’ life so when you run out of loops, fire him off. I’m playing on hard and he usually takes out the whole team at once.

EDIT: Mercy is a little too dependent I think. Having empowered is nice but her transforms are limited compared to Alchemist and if she doesn’t get setup by RNG, she’s just not very fast.

Therefore I’m swapping Alchemist for Mercy and trying a different banner, probably Red.

2 Likes

Woah - so many options for me to try out! I think I’ll hold off for your final few recommendations after you’ve tested some more - after all, I need to grind souls to get the other troops leveled up :wink:

Let me know what “best advice” your testing results in :slight_smile:

Overall, I think Mercy is a little faster. It’s just that 1 in 5/1 in 6 board where she’s really useless that is annoying. Of course, there’s also the 1 in 5 that’s setup perfectly and the match literally lasts 30 seconds. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Okay, I’m sure this has been mentioned before, but what’s the cap? 130 souls, as in the video? Is the soul cap applied before or after armor/difficulty bonuses?

I see discussion of the soul cap everywhere, but I’ve never seen anyone actually say what the number actually is.

The soul cap depends on a variety of factors, including difficulty and what armor your hero is wearing.

Additionally, difficulty has no bearing on PVP bonuses, so of course the cap will be lower during that time.

Does anyone have some sort of table or formula? I guess I can simply try it myself experimentally.

I can say this: It starts out at 40, then you get % bonuses applied additive. So if you put on a 100% soul-bonus-armor it goes up to 80. Then you add on difficulty % bonuses and it goes up. Sorry I can’t be more help…

No that’s exactly what I was looking for. Thanks, @KruderTheHorse. As an expression, the cap per match is

Soul Cap = 40 * ( 1 + Armor Bonus + Difficulty Bonus )

That bonus is shown in the upper left of the screen anyway as a multiplier.

If it helps any @aerothopter, I believe that 120 souls is the absolute max on normal difficulty. That’s with Death Knight armor and VIP level 10.