Tarot card drop improvement

it’s almost impossible to get the latest tarot from the vault, the pool of available cards has become way too large. similar to the pet issue in the past.

can you solve this in the same way? when the vault key drops a card or tarot, let us choose between 3?

so if Cedric drops, choose between him or 2 other troop cards. if a tarot drops, choose between three tarots.

11 Likes

I would suggest adding a Tarot gnome. It would dilute the other gnomes but it still might be an improvement.

3 Likes

also fine, althought that would mean tarots dropping outside vault.

but something has to be done. I’ve now burned 600 VK and got zero. previous tarot costed 350 vk. it’s getting worse and worse.

perhaps better to give up and not chase them anymore until something is done about this

5 Likes

They could also just have vault key troops stop dropping once you have 4 of them at mythic quality. Then it’s weighted towards what you don’t have.

They should do that with all legendary/mythic troops honestly. Would instantly fix the egg dragon issue as well as the 40 thousand copies of Cedric instead of an actual reward issue in one swoop.

11 Likes

Great suggestion, Pim.

2 Likes

I think the dragon egg issue is kind of resolved with the removal of books from the gold marks shop. I buy Dragonite nowadays and that easily gives enough to hunt the eggs. Once the Candy Crush dragons are released and I’ve got them all, I might switch to buying shiny keys

1 Like

Create a Summoner Gnome. Make a type of bait for gnome except Treasure Gnome and Cedric. Rework the bait system so that they no longer function as automatic uses in any battle. Instead, use the baits like trinkets in the Underspire when using a vault key (max of 3 usable). Cedric will always be there, but the other three gnomes can be overwritten. Default for the other three gnomes is the standard Treasure Gnome. Summoner Gnomes are guaranteed to drop a card. Cedric can still drop any reward from any other gnome in the game.

2 Likes

Nah, that doesn’t come anywhere close to solving people getting 10 of the same dragon and having to open 40+ eggs to get all 6 dragons.

You can only use 4 troops on a team.. This isn’t complicated.

4 Likes

Over 2 years now, so good luck with this topic going anywhere. And I honestly do not want to hear, “I have passed this feedback into the Dev team”…

I know that The Devil is an exception, where you need 5 of them to craft Trick and Treat, but it makes no sense why they cannot at least remove Cedric. I am now the proud owner of over 2700+ of him now, and that is over 2700 vault keys wasted.

Absolutely ridiculous.

6 Likes

there was a discussion around having tarot cards in a new room in the Underspire, or potentially having them be a drop in the new Explore difficulties - all discussions only, as I have shared repeatedly feedback around wanting tarot cards to be more accessible

14 Likes

tarots are a vault card. although I would welcome any improvement, I would suggest to keep them to vault only.

solving it in the same way as you did for pets or limit the tarots to 4 max is the best way forward and perhaps easiest to implement

4 Likes

I stated previously that Epic Vault Keys fail to live up to their name when it comes to pulling troop cards. You get one troop card with a regular vault key and you get one troop card with an epic vault key. Epic vault keys need to drop 2 troop cards at a time. Tarot troop cards are much more difficult to acquire so one tarot troop card should be guaranteed with troop card drops on epic vault keys.

Further, there are six colors of tarot cards. Each week you could rotate through the colors, making your epic vault key troop card drop guarantee you pull a tarot card of a specific color. Or you could follow the dungeon colors daily with Sunday not having any color restrictions for your guaranteed tarot troop cards.

RE: Limiting the tarot cards to 4 max suggestion:

  • The Devil - 5 copies are needed to craft Trick or Treat
  • The tarot cards are legendaries so I assume you mean 4 max at mythic.
1 Like