TaliaParks Presents: The Kingdom Evaluation/Breakdown Thread

Sword Edge:

Tau is a 6 at best. He’s too flimsy for what he does. There’s no point in a skullbasher that can’t take a hit back. (failed Sheggra board swing, loose Keeper of Souls match, or cascading skulls)

As a first slot:

• He gets three shotted by almost any enemy troop.
  • Slows down friendly support units (yellow/blue from Celestasia, blue for Alastair) that would keep it alive or charge it up to use its ability

As anything not first slot:

• Removes Red, which will hinder you more than hurt the AI unless it has a Sheggra on its team.
  • Sits around waiting to be picked off from its low life total

Knight Coronet should be a 5 with a 0 bonus to arena. Far too weak, expensive and unimpressive damage-wise (split damage is almost never good, 1HP remaining can still win games). In Arena, it’s overcosted at 12 mana for its damage and if the opponent doesn’t have its first slot, its attack stops hitting correctly. Later on, it might only hit one target even if there’s two enemies on the field. Blue is the best color in Arena (because of the automatic Blue/Brown banner), and I wouldn’t want to block Wight/Druid/Arrow of Slaying/Frost Giant etc with something unimpressive like Knight Coronet. Tons of better Ultra Rares in Arena.

I’d give Griffon Knight +1 in Arena from having Blue/Brown. Charges fast from the banner and hits fairly hard, even if random.

Peasant, I’d give a 0 and a +5 in Arena. At 3 to charge, it stays out of the way of major blue users like Frost Giant, Wight, and Druid, but can also destroy gems to create a cascading 4 match or pick up stray mana to charge units that need 1 or 2 to top off. Infinitely better than a lot of other common units in Arena like Ogre and Fortress Gate.

Sorry for missing a day, real life got hectic…

KARAKOTH:
Land of the Ancient Gods

Banner: Purple +2
Tribute: 50 Gold - 24 Souls - 2 Glory

Troops:
(Legendary) Abhorath - Cost: 15 Blue/Purple - Spell: Devour the World (Remove all Gems. Heal to full, and gain [1+Magic] Attack)

(Epic) Cthyryzyx - Cost: 11 Blue/Purple - Spell: Insanity (Deal 3-[8+Magic] damage to a random enemy. Increase a random Skill by 8, then a 50% chance to Jumble the board)

(Epic) Ferit - Cost: 10 Purple/Brown - Spell: Backstab (Deal [5+Magic] damage to the last enemy, and drain their Mana)

(Ultra Rare) Ancient Horror - Cost: 10 Purple/Brown - Spell: Devour (Deal [3+Magic] damage to an enemy. Gain 3 Attack if the enemy dies)

(Rare) Acolyte - Cost: 10 Blue/Purple - Spell: Unearth Secrets (Create [6+Magic] Brown gems. Gain 1 Magic)

(Rare) Warlock - Cost: 8 Blue/Brown - Spell: Dark Channel (Deal [0+Magic] damage to an enemy, and remove all Purple gems to Boost the effect [Ratio 3:1])

(Common) Golem - Cost: 8 Brown - Spell: Slam (Explode a Gem. Reduce all enemy Armor by 1 for each Brown gem destroyed)

Analysis:
Abhorath - Best use is in a Skull-based Team. Can self-sustain to a degree. Spell allows to completely remove an unfavorable game board.

Cthyryzyx - A Troop that defines random. Can be the best Troop on your Team, or the worst.

Ferit - Denies Mana to the bottom-most Troop while also killing them, a very good combo. Unable to target any other Troop hurts this Troop’s overall usefulness.

Ancient Horror - Underwhelming damage and Attack increase is very situational. Overall a below average Troop for it’s rarity.

Acolyte - Best Brown Mana generator in the game. Becomes more and more useful with every cast of it’s Spell. A must for Brown Mana-based Teams. If your Team is Brown Mana-based in Arena, you can’t pick a better Rare category Troop.

Warlock - Can deal good, consistant damage. Not recommended for Purple Mana-based Teams, but can be paired with a Purple Mana generator to be a heavy hitting Troop.

Golem - Can be used for limited board control and to weaken enemy Troops. A decent choice for it’s rarity.

Ratings (out of 10):
Abhorath - 6
Cthyryzyx - 6
Ferit - 7
Ancient Horror - 3
Acolyte - 8 normally, +2 for Arena
Warlock - 5
Golem - 3

Strategy:
Overall I would conclude an all-Karakoth Team to be below average in strength. The Kingdom is very Blue/Purple/Brown Mana-reliant and completely lacks Red/Yellow/Green Mana-using Troops. I recommend using Blue, Purple or Brown Mana generators when using multiple Karakoth Troops. This Kingdom has a high damage output. This Kingdom’s Troops cross over into other Kingdom’s Teams with restrictions, working better with Red/Yellow/Green Troops to create a “rainbow” Team. Acolyte can (and should) be part of any Team that uses 2 or more Brown Mana-using Troops.

Next Kingdom: Adana, Land of Progress

I honestly thought this was a better idea than it turned out to be. Not much interest in this at all :frowning:

I would give Bombardier a 6 and a +1 in arena. His spell is so easy to spam. Most of the time you can get 3-4 mana back, and dealing 6+ damage for 4-5 mana is pretty nice.

Please do the rest :slight_smile:

Yeah, after thinking about it there may not be many responses because people don’t want to spam the thread (which is nice) and there just isn’t much disagreement.

Expect Adana later, and I’ll try and get another Kingdom in as well to make up for lost time. I want to finish everything before the Update.

1 Like

This helps a lot. Thank you for doing this.

Dwarven miner will also be very good with creatures that has the ARCANE trait ability :slight_smile:

I am enjoying this thread, please keep it up! You mentioned exactly why I haven’t responded in the thread (didn’t want to spam) but since you mentioned maybe stopping I figured it was worth it. :grinning:

1 Like

just tried it on the pc with the following team: (all fully traited and all legendary)
dwarven miner
valk
skeleton
revenant

revenant went from doing 14 for me to doing 27 in a battle on normal. It was FUN! Wonder how it would be with a tank in front and having the alchemist, valk, revenant would do :slight_smile:

This is pretty pointless because gem exploders and anything that relies on magic like Dwarf Lord become absolutely rubbish in 1.08.
Massive increases in armor and health destroy troops like Dwarf Lord while gem exploders leave skull matches that will get you one shot in 1.08.

Gorgotha needs to be 10 because he is the best gem exploder.
Deep Borer and Knight Coronet need to go up because they both get stoneskin in 1.08.

I personally run Carnex, Gorgotha, Boar Rider, The Silent One and think it is the best team by far. Completely braindead exploder spam with The Silent One to protect you from bad explodes. You can actually get 2 extra turns with Boar Rider as well. That team will be rubbish in 1.08.

Nice! :slight_smile: I´m definitely gonna try a team with dwarven miner or peasent ( or Both ) and then 2 creatures with arcane ability when the new patch comes out…

Everyone, I have decided I won’t kill this thread, but will be postponing it until the update since the work to go through everything and make changes will be immense. I much rather do it once, correctly, and make it all into one gigantic wall of text.

@gregsgroi

Since I have no way to accurately judge how 1.08 affects Troops, this thread was focused on 1.07.5 that the Consoles have. I always planned to come back and make changes (though now I have decided to wait until the Update to do this at all).

I don’t feel 1.08 will kill gem exploders and magic users like you claim and the biggest change to your Team will be the fixed bug with Extra Turns (so Boar Rider doesn’t get unlimited). The main Team I use these days should still be viable, except anti-Skull Teams;

Webspinner
Gorgotha
Sheggra
Keeper of Souls
with the Khaziel banner

You mention “Completely braindead exploder spam” for your Team, my Team is completely relied upon blowing up the board turn after turn as well. Usually does quite well and it’s equally effective against any other Team (for now, until we get Traits).