SWITCH hacking bannnn

I was not asking for compensation because I lost no playing time. I never said they did not apologize. I was actually heading to work when it happened. I think they responded quickly and I’m happy with it. Don’t know why you seem upset.

3 Likes

The reason the Switch isn’t cross play is because all you players are pretty much beta testing stuff like this out of that version. That way it’s way less buggy when y’all join the rest of the mobile players. :upside_down_face:

So, is your issue resolved or are you banned permanently now?

He must be permanently banned because the devs apologized to him and he seems to be happy with how things were handled

6 Likes

This post made me laugh a happy non-ironic laugh, and on the forums that’s not common these days.

1 Like

I would create a support case if you haven’t already done so.

I tried to post this as a new topic, but the Devs suspended my account and then refused to answer my questions. It seems to me that they want to censor the fact that their anti-hacking software is picking up legitimate players, and then they refuse to address these players concerns, leaving them in a state of limbo.

1 Like

Wrongful PS4/5 hacking accusation and banned accounts – WARNING THIS COULD HAPPEN TO YOU

For fun, our PS4 guild aimed to achieve 20k points during the last TOD event. A lot of the guild joined in, and we were all working together and driving each other on. It was a real sense of community, with people from all over the world coming together to achieve a massive feat of endurance. I personally beat my personal record of 800 and achieved 1200 before the unthinkable happened.

Two of our guild members were wrongly accused of hacking. These two players are champions of the game, and both live and breathe GEMs.

Both players invested more than 30k gems in TOD on power potions, which made them incredibly fast at mapping and clearing levels. This could be what triggered the hacking software to detect an anomaly but, more likely, it was the use of their stash of heroism scrolls which had built up over the 1400+ tower levels they had both completed.

One of the players was taking a break from mapping and the other was 100 levels behind so, to catch up, they used their heroism scroll stockpile (for those who do not know, using a heroism scroll allows you to open the doom room without finding the unlock scroll first). 30-40 scrolls were used, and due to their high power level they could one/two-shot the doom room. Once back from their break mapping, the other player was about 100 levels behind so they used their heroism scroll stockpile. Shortly after this they were banned, in the order each of them used the scrolls. This is the most likely reasons the anti-hacking software was triggered.

Both were playing legitimately but, admittedly, the situation was very unusual, and we can understand why the software was triggered. The fact is 505’s anti-hacking software wrongfully identified this legitimate play as a hack, banned their accounts and removed 100K+ trophies from the guilds total.

You would like to believe the system works, and only actual hackers are banned. We are told on this forum that, before accounts are banned, two people review the logs and decide if the hacking is legitimate or not. On his occasion not only has the anti-hacking software failed, but the two adjudicators also failed in their responsibilities. I know there are hacked APKs out there, which give a player’s 1 hit kills etc, but we are talking about the PS4 and PS5 here: there are no such hacks for these consoles. It is literally impossible for them to be hacking.

It has been 6 weeks since TOD. 505 have left these two incredible GEMs players in purgatory by refusing to talk to them and seemingly refusing to investigate their cases in any way. Any new complaint is immediately closed. Any guild member also complaining has their case immediately closed down. This is why I felt this is the only way their voices can be heard. We are told on this forum that hackers are given the lowest priority, which also seems to extend to include anyone who has been wrongfully accused of hacking.

505 are failing some of its loyal and dedicated players and, unless something changes, this could be you. Please join me in highlighting this issue and help us free these two players from their wrongful hacking conviction and reunite them with their accounts.

Thank you for taking the time to read this article.

2 Likes

@GEMSFan2 If being critical is allowed to your post. Everyone that get caught in cheating is playing the innocent one, the one that did zero wrong. What if they have actually cheated? It is not like there is floating posts around this forum about players being banned for no reasons.

Perhaps you could wait a few weeks/months till they have replied to the tickets sent in? Screaming on these boards will do nada.

I get your point. In the case of PC or android, where you can actually hack the code it will be difficult to separate the guilty and the innocent You cannot hack the PS5 game code…it’s impossible.
This post may not achieve anything, but at least I have tried to do the right thing.

1 Like

I can understand them not wanting to point to how you can cheat on console…but I have only ever heard of cheating on PS4 and Xbox from exploits like the mail exploit…and there has been no exploit for a while…so while I can understand the fear of pointing to how it is possible to cheat on console because others might copy…I just don’t think it is possible? If everything you say is true that is a massive fail in their part and an unfair treatment…

That being said…how did you wait this long to post? Someone dropping that many gems on an event has to be spending real money…and that gets us to a possible issue…

While you can’t cheat …you can get playstation cards and money that are stolen…in fact most of those “deal” places only deal in shady cards…if your guild mates had bought gems with cards they got online…and then PlayStation flagged those purchases taking away the money…I can see how that would be a ban…and it’s one of the only ways I could see a ban in PS4 right now

1 Like

With hindsight I should have posted earlier. I really did think the devs would investigate and resolve this issue after a week or so, but then after 7 weeks of silence I felt compelled to post.

The only other reason for a ban would be re-mapping the controller buttons for speed I guess

Surely their PSN account would be banned if Sony identified stolen top up cards, which is not the case here. I honestly think in this instance the use of their stockpile of heroism scroll resulted in a false positive in the hacking software. This would be very easy to replicate and check by the devs in their sandbox accounts.

No…Sony takes the money away when you apply stolen cards…unless it’s repeated…when Sony takes back the money…and developer that money was spent on goes away…so not saying that is what happened here …but If they bought stolen cards this is what would happen in this situation

@GEMSFan2 I looked into what you said about your account being suspended. The forum software picked you up as a spammer due to how quickly you sent the post and it blocked your account (not banned, your account was just marked as not trusted). I can fix that up for you if you like but as you’re posting ok on this new account now I can leave it? up to you. Screenshot to show what I mean:

I’m not going to go into it any further than this:

Unfortunately, it’s possible to cheat in games on console.
I don’t believe we’ve ever banned anyone on Playstation for cheating in Tower of Doom.

The players who sent in ban appeals will be replied to on their ban appeal in the Help Center.
The wait times for ban appeals are long as we help everyone with account, purchase and technical issues first.

I’m locking this thread now as we don’t discuss bans on the forum.

1 Like