Swiching accounts in game no longer works

Platform, device version and operating system
Xbox One

Screenshot or image
https://youtu.be/9dxnIn0CVpg

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened
I was expecting to switch accounts within the Gems of War user interface.
After selecting a different account and pressing ‘A’, the previously selected account appeared in the game. Also, achievement’s popped for the “switched” account even though that account does not quality for the achievements and that account is not visible in the game UI (other than under Settings\Account).
To work around the issue, you need to go to Xbox home, quit Gems of War, switch to the desired profile, and then start Gems of War.
Up until 4.0, I was able to switch accounts without quitting Gems of War without any issues.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Every time.

Steps to make it happen again
Press the menu button.
Navigate to the Account tab, select Change Profile, and then select Yes.
Press the Option button and then select the desired profile.
Press ‘A’ to launch Gems of War with the selected profile.
Notice after starting, the original profile is still showing.

Hey @LeafCatcher,

We have found this bug and will hopefully have a fix out within a week or two. In the meantime, closing down the app (by pressing the Xbox button on the controller) and pressing the Start/Menu button on the Gems of War icon, and Close Game, followed by reopening the game again will get the game to connect to the correct profile.

If this is still opening the incorrect profile, Please follow this guide to get the correct profile loading again. Please note you will not lose any game progress by following these steps.

1 Like

I have added this to the known issues thread. :slight_smile: