Swamp Things

I think @AMT is French, actually, if I’m not mistaken

1 Like

Native speaker of neither, fluent in both: just a professional linguist who once offered free translation to this company (in the Before time). :stuck_out_tongue:

But yeah: daughter is native English speaker, and she has learnt to skip over this app’s exotic Language and Consistency idiosyncrasies.

Teachable moments.
:relaxed: :vulcan_salute:

3 Likes

The certainly could use the services of a linguist to make them a style guide.
If they were consistent in their language, translations would be much simpler and the game in general easier to understand and mainatin.

Style Guides

A style guide is a set of standards for the writing and design of content, defining the style to be used in communication within a particular organization. Basically, style guides are put together to clarify the way a group of people talk and write about the things they do. Think of authoring best practices.

Why do I need a style guide?

A practical reason to use a style guide is that they help you write content. Human languages are extremely flexible, and there are many ways in which a particular message can be communicated. By following a style guide you limit the variation, making it easier for you to focus on getting your message across.

4 Likes

Fear not, for they have professional assistance, as alleged above and evidenced by the consistent quality being released.
:relaxed: :sweat_smile: :vulcan_salute:

4 Likes

But it worked well in GW combined with Dervish:
[6883,1228,6863,6167,3060,3,1,1,2,1,3,0,14023]

1 Like

Good points. I agree that the troop is decent - it is front-slot viable, gives passive stuns to some teams where it wasn’t a natural fit before, and gains access to a 50% mana start (via its Beast-typing) that is uncommon among Mist of Scales troops. Naga-Beast might’ve been a bit more fun/unique, but there are a lot of Monster troops who do true damage that it can fit with.

Its potential is a bit capped by the lack of speed (why this is slower to fill than Emperor Khorvash is hard to understand) and the fact that it doesn’t retarget for the second hit of its spell (which seems to be tailor-made to be triggered on kills - maybe they ran out of words for the description?).