Such awesome rewards in Vaults

If the rewards were consistently better, the economy would be broken pretty quickly. If the Gnome spawn rate were to be tailored back to compensate, lower level players who can’t speed farm may miss out entirely. You can’t please all of the people all of the time.

How would they miss out though? Lower level player would benefit more than end game players from the gem keys, event keys, 50k gold, 3 celestials or any of the non-nerfed prizes, even if they only get it once for every 2-3 that an end-game player gets. Who benefits from 100 souls or 2 minor traitstones?

Also, considering the new Raid, Invasion, and Bounty gem sink, this wouldn’t break the economy in the slightest.

1 Like

If they couldn’t speed farm, they may never encounter a Gnome. At least now they gain small rewards from them. Like I said you can’t please everyone all of the time. People complained when Gnomes were few and far between but with better rewards. Now people are complaining that the Gnomes they find don’t drop good enough rewards. Its ridiculous.

And raids really aren’t a Gem sink unless youre aiming for the leaderboard. Your guild can perform competently without spending a single gem.

Anyway, I’ve voiced my opinion and I thank you for your polite counterarguments, but its time I went and wasted my time playing a game I enjoy to find a Gnome I wish was rarer in order to get resources I don’t need.

Peace :wink:

Well yesterday I found 3 gnomes. Very nice… nope.
2 minor stones. 100 souls and 2500 gold. Gee sure was glad I found them.
When you can gain much more than a gnome gives by just playing smartly… They don’t really ADD anything do they.

2 Likes

I see @lyya has cleaned things up - but just to chip in with a supporting voice on this - I have often made the same complaints for the same reasons - my boys read this over my shoulder - and received similar ridicule… at least we nagged the devs to make the guidelines here clear on the matter of expletives…

5 Likes

@Kynalak You must be English. Only a Brit would order Steak with PEAS! My wife and I visited England once… they served peas with EVERYTHING! I swear, we even went to an Italian restaurant and I ordered spaghetti and meatballs… to my horror they brought out a side of PEAS!!! :scream:

Wait did I take the wrong thing from your post?
Sorry… :innocent:

6 Likes

Youre not wrong! Everything comes with peas here. Your steak will always be accompanied by a grilled tomato too.

Still, i’m polite about it :wink:

Lol
We thoroughly enjoyed that trip. Ironically enough, as good as the traditional English fare was, and who doesn’t love Bangers and Mash!?, that Italian food was some of the best I’ve eaten. And I’m Italian or at least as Italian as you can get in the USA! :wink:

Anyway no more derailment from me.

1 Like

Then excuse me while i do that: Haven’t you tried the pea flavored ice cream while you were there? Not even a pea popsicle? Pea pudding? :rofl:

Now back into the topic: Even at the Vault Event we are still getting low tier rewards and that’s awful. After all those days me and others where expecting better things from the event, having the small rewards outside the event is understandable. But at the said event, which lasts only three days, we were honestly expecting better.

Also the silent treatment is not doing any good to anyone @Sirrian, @Nimhain or @Alpheon.

2 Likes

I still think people are missing the point of gnomes. They weren’t added for people to grind for. They were added as a cool little surprise to break things up and get a little something above and beyond the regular rewards for whatever mode you’re playing.

Most people disappointed are those set on furiously grinding to find them in hopes of a big payoff. You won’t be nearly as disappointed and possibly even pleasantly surprised if they pop up during your regularly scheduled activities. Explore is about arcanes & celestials, not gnomes. PvP is about trophies & gold, again not gnomes.

13 Likes

Personally I am ok with gnome rewards. But not Vault rewards. And NOT because of the Vault itself but because of the key that is reward for closing the 5th portal. It is probably the only key most of the casual players will see. And yes, I checked, even very laid back, casual guilds are able to close 5th portal. And at first it was supposed to be a big deal to get that reward. I know we mostly did it to ourselves because we explicitly asked for rewards to be nerfed in order to see gnomes more often, but this Vault key being main reward for closing 5th portal feels now really, really unfair.

2 Likes

I found a key, THAT’S A GOOD REWARD. All for 32.5k gold, and 1 event key, nominal other rewards. No escapees. Not exactly awesome but certainly better than the previous vault.

I don’t understand the argument that it’s the players fault for the sub-par rewards the Gnomes give. People were showing what you can get, sharing with other players. Everyone was enjoying it and playing the game more than usual.
The devs totally shit themselves and slashed the spawn rate spouting some rubbish about it being a bug or unintended. The only reason players asked for lower rewards were because the devs cut the spawn rate drastically to begin with.

Stop turning on one another and pointing the finger at the player base. The finger points back to the same ugly foe time and time again.

1 Like

Midget to be honest I believe in bug explanation. Every little thing they introduce is bugged, why should gnomes be different? But, we (I would need to check if I actually wrote something about wanting a nerf but even if I didn’t, I agreed with the idea at the time) gave the devs a nice excuse for a nerf. Many of us even thanked them for that they listened. Ouch. Just ouch.

1 Like

I think it was never about a big payoff, otherwise we wouldn’t ask for a rebalance in the first place. Personally i ask for better balance that can actually reach the goals for such feature:

• New and exciting elements appearing on our regular gameplay. I saw your coveted pun about gnomes being little surprises by the way. :wink:
  • Rewarding encounters which expands the possible activities and mini-games. The Vault Keys, supposed to be one the highest reward and an expansion of the experience.
  • A special event bringing more activity during short periods of time with higher rates for drops and spawn.

With the intended spawn rate of the gnomes, the first goal was very hard to achieve, honestly it felt really disproportional. After the requested changes the first and second goals felt almost right, except that the Vault Key seemed nearly impossible to find, but ok, we were told it would change at the Vault Event. And we had to wait for the Vault Event to actually see how things would unfold, and i didn’t expected nothing absurd, but keeping the low rewards does no favor for the relevancy of the event. It’s just that, trying to find a better balance.

No doubt players asked for it, but that was because we were basically the beta testers without being told.

Personally I’m ok with how most of this Gnome stuff is. The Vault needs the rubbish rewards removed and I could do without 2 minor traitstones or 100/200 souls :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

At this time we thought the vault rewards and gnome reward were separate, if we knew the gnome nerf would affect the vault rewards im pretty sure nobody would ask a nerf when it begined

But of course dev could explain it to us but no there saw an opportunity and jumped on it

6 Likes

To quote you from another thread, “suck it up” :wink:

1 Like