Strange +1 defense wins

I can’t really predict tojop’s availability, so I’m not sure it would be fair to ask you to wait. As for multiple in short time frames, they might be refreshing for 50 gold and winning really fast, or the bug might just be replicating multiple times.

I think this is being exploited from what I just read on global one. Hopefully the devs nip this in the bud pretty soon.

1 Like

This screenshot was just taken and it goes back to my exploitation theory. I removed the name to keep from getting into the no call-out rule but will give it to a dev if they wish to know it in private.

@Sirrian, How can one possibly have that many defense victories less than 24 hrs. after reset? This person also had an insane amount after last week, over 1,000.

9 Likes

The low levels hes fighting cant beat his 1 troop defend probably

That might be the case, but to have 380 total defends in less than 20 hrs. seems highly improbable if everything is on the up and up.
In contrast- the person on top of the leader board currently has a total of 66 at the moment.

3 Likes

I seem to recall Sirrian mentioning a cooldown in regards to players showing up as invade target, back when the new PvP system was introduced. The aim was to prevent any one player to get pummeled repeatedly, like some other match-3 game seems to promote. 380 defends in 20 hours doesn’t fit the bill, there’s definitely something wrong here.

8 Likes

i bet if you analise that player it will turn out that its not a tone of low levels but one player doing mass invades (or a few), just like you got listed in somebodys defense in the screen shots above

Those are some crazy stats. The invade ratios are nuts - 55 invade defeats in 20 hours?! I’ve got 221 invade defeats in total for about 8 months of PvPing.

I don’t want to start a witch hunt as I guess that person could have set themselves a strange challenge like always taking the 3 trophy option and attacking with one level 1 common. But it smells off to me.

Defenses also have a correlation to the number of invades. 380 defenses with only 62 invades also doesn’t seem possible.

4 Likes

I have seen this before as well, very interested to see how this topic develops.

I’ll add to the weirdness. The game says I’m currently undefeated in 347 battles with a record this week of 44-1.

2 Likes

Did you really lose that invade? I’ve had the counters desync during server hiccups. Started match, server returned error, registered as loss in the weekly overview without breaking the win streak.

1 Like

if errors dont break win streak as a standard, that would be a great thing

6 Likes

It seems random. I’ve had it break my streak, and also not break it, when an error counted as a loss.

3 Likes

Nope, haven’t lost an invade in a few weeks. The win streak is accurate, the 44-1 record is incorrect.

2 Likes

Same thing happened to me. I checked my battle log and the battle it said I lost I had just won I was using fully traited archer/Deep Borer/Bone Dragon/Khorvash against 2 Jotnars I stunned the entire enemy team before they had a chance to shield and got a bullseye kill on a Jotnar it even gave me the victory screen.

2 Likes

Same here regarding errors.

But this week, I also saw something that I hadn’t seen before (and at level 1062, I’ve seen a lot). I won a bunch of invades and got the victory screen each time, so I didn’t even suspect anything was wrong. But a little later when I looked at the leaderboard, I noticed that I somehow received a loss. Not only that, my 500+ game win streak was reset too. Looking in the battle log, I found the incorrect result (the alleged failed invade was against a simple Ogre/Lance Knight defense that I steamrolled).

I submitted a ticket to support, because this seems like a pretty serious bug with Guild Wars coming up.

3 Likes

1 Like

Yep, I have had similar happen. Knew I hadn’t lost, but had a loss… Checked the log and got a loss for a match I definitely won.

No one seemed to give a damn. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s still doing this?

I’ve had my win streak reset 4x in the last year due to phantom, unexplained Victory losses. Half the time it doesn’t even generate an obvious server error on PC/Mobile. It just shows up as a loss in the Battle Log.

2 Likes