Starting a YouTube channel primarily for GoW - Would appreciate ideas and feedback

Then pause deliberately :wink:

let shatner be your guide!

1 Like

So every time youā€™re looking for the next thing to say, you must say ā€œthis ship is off courseā€
Just slip that in a few times here and there. Weā€™ll know.

I have practiced it about 5 times and still mess up on talking, lol. Iā€™ll be recording it within the next hour. The first video will probably be up in a few hours, which I will post on this forum as well whenever it rolls around.

I may also be able to get redeem codes for future videos. I have yet to get any confirmation on the keys, so this initial video will not have it, but hopefully every event week video here after will have a redeem code. The redeem code that I suggested to coincide with the fact that it is being posted with event week content is either 100 claims of:

1 Event Key
2 Maps
1,000 Gold
100 Souls
(Essentially the Spoils of War claim)

or

1 Event Key
2 Maps

If Nimhain and the dev team confirm either of those, it will finally give the active forum users a reward for checking in to the event on event days! :slight_smile:

I unfortunately wonā€™t be able to do new event posts until late Monday due to my schedule, but after this college semester is finished in about a month I will likely roll out event videos within 1-3 hours of the eventā€™s in game release.

Good luck!

Okay, maybe it is a nervous thing. I did like 10x worse in a live recording. xD

1 Like

Not a joke, take a shot of bourbon.

2 Likes

I was using mainly text commentary because that suited me the best.

Second the explanation of Kingdoms. I think thatā€™s a big one.

Meet the Devs @Sirrian?

You could do a weekly video, where subscribers try to put together the worse team they can think of, and you do a match on warlord 1, Iā€™ve seen call of duty videos do essentially the same thing, and get a lot of views

Haha, I will definitely have to do that some time. Iā€™m mostly starting with guide-like videos first before I get into videos like that. I also currently only have 20 subscribers, but Iā€™m pretty sure this forum would be more than willing to supply a bunch of ideas. 4x Fortress Gateā€¦

Is my regular lineupā€¦wait why did you bring it up in this contextā€¦

Just as a note to everyone, it will likely be early Wednesday that I will be releasing each event video. This is mostly because my Monday and Tuesday schedule currently donā€™t have much free time and the little time I do have would be too exhausting to spend talking. So for event videos the next few weeks, expect them on Wednesday. In about a month I will be able to get them out within hours of the update due to college being done and work not conflicting with my Mondays (Mondays will soon be my GoW day, lol).

Also, good news! I did get the redeem codes! Every event video will have a redeem code in it that will give 1 gem key, 2 treasure maps, 2500 gold, and 200 souls to the first 100 people that claim them. They didnā€™t make it an event key for economy reasons, but they did make the gold and souls higher than what I requested for.

The devs may also be posting some of my videos on their social media from time to time, so you may want to be subscribed to make sure you beat their 1,000s of social media followers who will kill the 100 within an hour. There will likely be several hours between me uploading a video and the time one of the devs post it on their social media. Most people on this forum probably donā€™t even need a reward that ā€œsmallā€.

1 Like

What or where is the devā€™s social media?

https://twitter.com/GemsOfWar

No clue where else they are, but I know for sure that their largest following is on Facebook at nearly 5,000.

Thanks @Tacet. Iā€™m on Facebook regularly now because of the game. Not into twitter though.

That is my situation with both as well. The only reason I use Facebook is mostly for GoW related things and I never use Twitter.

Im considerin doin sumthin like this for console.

3 Likes

Please do. Then we will have someone who streams the game, someone who does PC/Mobile on YouTube, and then someone who does consoles on YouTube.

1 Like