Start weekend events on Thursday

Just a thought, since i have been playing, nearly every new event that releases over a weekend has had bugs.

My proposition is allow the events to start on a Thursday so there is someone available.

This idea stems from the first Gnome a Palooza, (anyone remember that wild Thursday) you were ready with a fix for that within hours. Do the same everywhere else.

Move pet to Monday and class to Wednesday

14 Likes

That’s a great idea especially when dealing with Faction Assaults, Bounties, and Arena Events. The reason I mention Arena because I’m sure majority of us feel burnt out from playing Gems and can use a weekend off.

2 Likes

Just start everything on Monday and keep it up the whole week. Except pets as they’re blocking other pets …

2 Likes

week long vault events, im down for that, though i was thinking faction and bounty

Why can’t they be from Monday to Sunday as well?

Just add more reward stages with books, more dragonite, orbs of minions or whatever is worth it (to compensate for more free daily sigils).

Considering just how many weekend events have been dumpster fires because of bugs, this absolutely needs to happen. I used to be cool with the weekend events, but if bugs come up and no one’s there to fix them, that’s a gigantic problem.

Friday in GoW time starts when the devs only have an hour or two left, at most, of their work week. They don’t get back into the office until late Sunday GoW time. This means if any bugs appear in a weekend event they have to be noticed and reported, and dealt with, in an extremely short time frame at the beginning of the event and can’t reasonably be corrected until the very end.

The bugs with the Ringleader are obviously an issue with troop data, which should be a very quick fix once the devs are back in the office. But they have to stop running weekend events if no one’s gonna be around for any screw-ups.

Either that, or have someone in the office who can handle emergencies. Or better still, have a core beta tester group that can take on every event at least a week in advance, if not two weeks.

But if we’re not gonna get proper testing anytime soon, and if it’s too much to ask for someone to be around to do spot fixes, then the weekend events need to either end or be extended a day earlier. This has happened too many times.

7 Likes

They also might switch their shifts slightly, so that every week someone else is working from home, taking care of emergencies. That’s common in several other fields as well and some like food or retail barely know what a free weekend is. So someone could at least check every few hours, if everything is up and running as intended …

shh… dont speak sense that behaviour will not be tolerated

1 Like

Oh. My bad. :pensive:

1 Like