Star Wars Trivia!

for a dude i guess xD

5 Likes

I love the old yoda from the old star wars movies. This CGI that came later really destroyed him.

1 Like

Puppets over CGI every time!

1 Like

Puppets with a little animation over it always wins. These scenes from Jurassic Park still gives me goosebumps, its a movie from 1993, and it looks too real…wow!

Those raptors from Jurassic World and new Yoda CGI would be good in a video game, but sadly these destroys the movies more or less as it just doesnt fit in with the rest.

What always amazed me as a kid was the special effects in Star Wars!

A New Hope was made in 1977! And it looked as good as everything coming out in the late 80s and early 90s imho.

The movie was just ground breaking in its effects, and lets not even talk about sound.

Also, to have one composer writing music for a franchise over the course of 46 years!? John Williams is a beast!!!

2 Likes

Go Hide the results and fix your Blasphemy!

Possibly the only good looking dinosaur scene in Jurassic World(not much spoiler):

And guess why…

We needed a house rule when the Star Wars Trivia Pursuit came out. Each player was allowed a maximum of 10 consecutive moves. We enjoyed this version…

Then we played with someone who insisted the rule was stupid and unnecessary, so we agreed for this time we would drop the rule. Handed the dice to another friend, who proceeded to win on his first tun. We then turned to the friend who asked the rule be repealed, and asked if they’d like to play again!

5 Likes

Although I hold a special place in my heart for puppet Yoda, I must admit I squealed with glee when I watched CGI Yoda fight Count Dooku for the first time.

4 Likes

I’ve always enjoyed the OST immensely even though Williams “borrowed” very heavily from The Plants written 100 yeas ago by Holst.

1 Like

This poll excludes Rogue One, which I actually think is the best of all the Star Wars films…!

3 Likes

Last Jedi Spoiler:

Speaking of Yoda…
Was I the only one that got all nostalgic when puppet Yoda made his return in Last Jedi? It’s like all the charm and awesomeness flooded back into the character.

3 Likes

You are correct!
My only defense is I was thinking only of the main episodic entries…

I feel shame for neglecting it…
I too think it is a masterpiece of a film!

1 Like

I surely would put Rogue One in my top 3.

3 Likes

Que? If you’re talking about Revenge of the Sith, I stand by my opinion. If not, I have no idea what you’re talking about.

Erased by Lucas and replaced with ultra-lounge elevator music.

I have to admit, I was a bit surprised to see even that much love for Revenge of the Sith…

I really liked the Force Awakens too.