Stages to get the Hoard Mimic & it's probability

Okay so it’s basically the same than looking for the golden tickets alright ? You got this illusion that perhaps statistically, more tries give you more chances …
It’s just like addict players, who don’t buy just one scratching ticket but a whole book of them. To be sure to win something at least and get a less smaller chance to have a big prize.
Oddly enough eeverybody giving morale lessons about this crappy Mythic already have it so they don’t feel the unfairness and frustration anymore they just don’t care.
So they basically tell you ‘‘STFO you just ain’t lucky’’, it’s not their words but that’s basically what they mean.

2 Likes

yeah, I at a minimum open 10 boss chests a day since this troop was added, but of course I have MANY days with more than that. I am at least 3000 boss chests at the this time (have not fully tracked) and 5 to 10 times more hoard chests than the average person who has the troop says it took for them to get. Still nothing.

Personally I keep my expectations low and will be pleasantly surprised whenever I happen to finally get the mimic. I’ve got 17 or so troops left to collect, so the mimic isn’t the final piece to the puzzle or anything. If he were, I’d be a lot more frustrated :joy:

Since I started tracking my chests back in June:

1665 boss chests
192 mimic chests - 11.53% of boss chests
5 horde mimic chests - 0.30% of boss chests, 2.60% of mimic chests
0 horde mimic troops

Had I been tracking since the start back in March, the boss and mimic chests would be higher, but the horde mimic chests may have only be 1-3 higher. Still 0 troop cards.

I hate this RNG/Luck based nonsense. I don’t even feel like I am working toward anything, just meaninglessly grinding away in hopes of possible getting something. And I could spend years grinding this out and never get it, meanwhile I have guildmates who constantly get this fight and have at least 4+ copies of the troop that no one even uses.

Frankly the Devs should redo this to where we can purposely spawn the mimic and horde mimic chest fights. Let it be 100 shards to fight the Boss, 500 shards to fight a boss and a mimic, and 1000 shards to fight the boss, mimic, and horde mimic. At least then I feel I could be working up toward something and didn’t feel like I was just wasting time.

You could still keep the random element in the game where you have a chance of spawning a mimic chance while doing a normal boss fight. But I would gladly save up 5-10x the shards needed so I could guarantee a mimic/horde mimic fight.

Or since the horde mimic has a chance to spawn in the gnome room in a deep delve, give us a chance to get the troop from fighting it there. It would give me a reason to even play a deep delve as after playing it once to get the achievement I never touched it again.

I am honestly surprised that the Devs don’t sell mimic bait like they do for Pet/Curse gnomes.

6 Likes

True, but at least you are opening several in a “batch” so it feels like a better probability overall.

1 Like

I haven’t even seen a Mimic chest in 1 1/2 months, so it’s gonna be hard to get a Horde Mimic if you can’t even get the first chest to get the opportunity going.

2 Likes

I was doing a PvP battle, looking for one and the team I came across was 4 mythic horde mimic’s. I mean I can’t get 1 and that person had at least 4. I’m just sick and tired of the ones who have it saying “its not that difficult I did it so can you.” You’re right about them not knowing the struggle…