Stages to get the Hoard Mimic & it's probability

I’ve been tracking my data on this blasted achievement as well, not sure how updated your guys’ numbers are but I’d be glad to post my data here if it helps at all (I’m on Xbox - not that it matters).

Don’t bother yourself, @Xandler now the mythic is totally useless and not worth grinding for after they nerfed it.

It is only for collecting purpose. Nothing more.

Indeed the compounded probability of that Hoard Mimic drop is super grindy, but it’s also comparable to the Mythic drop rate from several chest types, so…

Funny thing, literally my first Mythic Boss Explore run after the 6.2 update was a Mimic battle. I didn’t expect them to be Lv.150 (i.e. didn’t use my A-team) but somehow I survived.

I have gotten a 5x hoard mimic chest 4 times. And never got the hoard mimic. But I have seen full teams of HM in PVP ranked battles. So i can’t get 1 but there are people out there with 4 or more? What kind of ass backwards stuff is that? The developers really need to boost how often it shows or make them available in chest. Im tired of grinding and not getting the dang thing

2 Likes

I think they created that troop to make you quit the game.

1 Like

I am now 15 hoard mimic battles in without getting it.

Hoard Mimics were introduced to give end game players who have done pretty much everything else in the game a reason to keep playing. Making them easy to get would be counterproductive.
And since they are pretty much just a trophy and only useful for bragging rights there is no reason to put too much effort in them, as long as you have other things to achieve.

1 Like

Some don’t buy passes anymore because of that troop, the only reason they had to buy was to have everything. I think they want to make you quit so you don’t help other players through guides and tools.

1 Like

I play everyday 2-3 hours since 3 month and i have 0 hoard mimcs!!! It is very very bad from the devs…

My game participation is at an all time low and will never recover. Yes i got the mimic but like every aspect of this game, I simply no longer care.

Just a small sidenote from me.

On my main account on Switch I got recently my 4th copy of Hoard Mimic by doing a ton of explore 12 for the period of time since release. Here I had almost everything already before. All classes maxed, all factions maxed, almost all pets on max, etc

On my second account on Steam I got 0 Hoard Mimics so far by doing a ton of explore 12 for nearly 4 month now. Here I don’t have all classes maxed (probably in the next few days, but not now), still missing 5 factions and a ton of pets.

Coincidence? Maybe…

@CaptainAwesome Getting the hoard mimic got nothing to do with levels or whatever you accomplished in the game. It is RNG with 3 consecutive successful luck, which mean Compounded Probability. Very hard to achieve unless you are super lucky or you are super grinder.

Stages needed to happen:

1. Get the Mimic battle from Mythic Boss Battle.
  2. Get the Hoard Mimic battle from the Mimic Battle.
  3. Get the mythic drop.

I know.

Thats why added the last line…

But since recent discoveries, I don’t trust them anymore.

3 Likes

“Lantern” kingdoms
If you are actively looking for the Hoard Mimic as I was then make sure to just do the “lantern” kingdoms. The extra 20% mythstones make a huge difference to the number of ‘nul’ kingdoms (when you don’t make it to the Boss chest)
You can get a run of 8 chests doing lanterns but it is only 4 or 5 without which adds up to a lot of time doing wasted battles !

I actively hunted for mine and found him in June.

746 Boss chests
65 Mimic chests
7 Hoard Mimic fights

Rng in this game. I have had 2/60 perfect runs and have 6 Hoard Mimics. I feel I’m being punished for the latter😅

I don’t trust them anymore too, but a guildmate who is almost like me in the game (everything finished, level above 1500) and who has got almost all the troops (except the ones from the last campaign and the new dragons ) got 3 Hoard Mimics from Hoard Mimic battle. I have 0 and I explore a lot.

It can be RNG or it can be any other malicious. In any case it does not seem related to the level or how advanced you are in the game.

I tried to boost the chances so first I prepared an explore chest into each kingdom. To then open them all. It was very long to achieve and on 36 chests I got 3 hoard Mimics no Mythic.
The next step was preparing Mimic chests in every kingdom. In the end opening everything got me 4 hoard mimics and still no mythic. And the process took me a whole week. like 10 hours per day six days a week.
This with Rubirath and Diamantina are the only units I don’t have and can’t even grind to get them since there’s no sure way.

It took me 2 months to set up a hoard mimic fight in every kingdom and I’ve got 2 hoard mimic troops.

yeah and if this doesn’t woirk neither I will have lost two months.
It’s a No Thanks

There has been no conclusive evidence that opening chests in all kingdoms in one go affects hoard mimic rates at all, jsyk.

1 Like