(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

Destroyed armor was cluttering up the graveyard and enabling shenanigans, now it’s more clear that it should be removed from play. :wink:

4 Likes

A full breakdown of all the new changes:

TROOPS

• Mirrored Halls troops gain some info.
    • Copycat is a Green/Yellow Generator with Air Link, but no spell defined yet.
    • Doppelganger is a Blue/Brown Warlock with Stealthy, again no spell.
    • Glass Golem is a Blue/Yellow Defender, again with no spell.
    • Mirror Queen is a Yellow/Purple Assassin with an unknown unique trait and no spell.
  • Fomorian (Giant that destroys a 5x5 and stuns an enemy, releasing next week) got its mana cost reduced to 12.
  • Stringfiddler (remember him? Silence, explode, guaranteed extra turn?) got a nerf; it now explodes fewer Gems. Not sure if this will hurt or how much (kinda only affects early game players since at max magic you’ll still explode like 10 Gems of one color).
  • The Gray King has been buffed to deal 6 more true damage to all enemies. I thought he was pretty powerful before…
  • War Wolf got fixed, previously the text said it created Red Gems boosted 3x by Skulls on the board, rather than Skulls destroyed by its explosion.
  • King Bloodwood’s mana cost was reduced from 24 to 23, and the trait got a typo fix.
  • The following are newly added troops, without any spell/trait info. I think there’s a couple of factions mixed in here.
    • (Hey you can do nested bullets!) AngelicWarrior is an Epic
    • DaemonUrska is a Common
    • DireWolfCub is a Rare
    • FrostFireMage is an Ultra-Rare
    • FrostFireSpirit is a Rare
    • FrostFireTroll is an Epic
    • GnollMatriarch is a Legendary
    • IceKing is a Legendary
    • KittenMage is a Common
    • Krampus is a Legendary
    • MummyCat is a Common
    • RakshaPanther is an Epic
    • SatyrHunter is a Common
    • TaurosBrute is a Common
    • UrskaKnight is an Epic
    • WargareWoodcutter is a Common
  • The following only got typo fixes:
    • Dullahan
    • Gor’Thrum

WEAPONS

• The following weapons only got typo fixes:
    • Fiend Fire
    • Doomed Chronicle
    • Doomed Codex
    • Doomed Libram
    • Doomed Opus
    • Doomed Scripture
    • Doomed Tome
  • A new weapon, Ice Necklace, has no spell description.

TL;dr A bunch of typo fixes, new troops but no info on them, and moderate buffs to The Gray King and King Bloodwood

So wouldn’t that be ALL 5 Blue kingdoms before we get the 1st Brown one?

Maybe the designers don’t have the color brown on their :art:.
Otherwise, it doesn’t make any sense what so ever.

Maybe they try to keep things exciting and prevent people from predicting the market by being unpredictable instead of following a logical pattern?:man_shrugging:

All things come to an end, and so it seems to be with our hot streak of good new troops. All we’re getting next week is Fomorian, a budget version of Obsidius and Sledgepaw. Great mana generation, but with randomly targeted damage/stun, it’s really only going to help beginning players.

I guess to stay positive, Stormheim hasn’t had an event in a year, so stock up on your blue arcane traitstones?

More like lol, Stormheim/Giants during GW week. Oh boy.

Formorian isn’t terrible. Won’t see play in the upper end though. 12 mana cost for up to 25 mana gain isnt bad. 6 mana cost paired with Titan is better.

I think Formorian is better than Sledgepaw, anyways. 1 mana cheaper and actually does some kind of damage. Lack of Curse/Bleed is sad but not the end of the world. Formorian pairs better with Gorgotha, another early game friendly troop.

1 Like

Interesting. Didn’t realize event stat bonuses dictated troop selection THAT much during GW.

Yeah, destroy 5x5 is the best mana gen in the game, though hard to combo off of. I haven’t messed with any of them yet, but I wonder how well they create extra turns when a storm is active (given the streaky skyfall of this game).

Can’t say I agree on the Sledgepaw comparison though. Random stun plus 25 damage vs untargeted (stealthy-proof) first slot curse+stun, at only 1 more mana cost? Tough sell (though Sledgepaw still isn’t great, pretty much a scaling-content-only troop).

This would be the worst time to stock up. Unless I’m missing something you still have to do explore like usual and Stormhiem will have a lot of buffed troops making it harder.

Misinfo, disregard.

Summary

I was referring to the fact that Fomorian comes with the Stormheim arcane traitstone when you buy him in the shop.

1 Like

He comes with Arcane Forest (green/brown), matching the colors he uses.

My bad, yes you’re right.

It doesn’t…usually… but stormheim giants is ‘feasible’ without the bonus. With bonus, it becomes interesting.

1 Like

Somehow I was making this same mistake (or a similar one): I kept looking at the thing on Tarans and thought it was a mono-blue common. Which I don’t do for the others!

I did that too :open_mouth:.

I’m chalking it up to great minds thinking alike, and leaving it at that :wink:

In the meantime, the lineup in store next week looks to send September off with a bang. What we have is a 3-course meal for players:

Appetizer: Corrupt Magus is the most exciting rare-level troop we’ve gotten in a while, giving players a 9-mana aimable curse to pair with High King Irongut. Gruz we hardly knew ye (Corrupt Magus is faster and does more damage than the sorry Darkstone Legendary). The event troop Ahrimas has more damage potential, but without the curse is limited to early-player utility outside of events (where he’s still one of the better epic-level single-target damagers).

Main Course: The Wild Court faction, with Wendigo specifically being a great addition. Passive Hunter’s Mark has long been one of my favorite hero class abilities, and getting it on a strong AoE damage Legendary troop that boosts on Hunter’s Marks is going to be fun. Let’s also not forget the bless all allies on enemy death, which gives players a major tool against any/all status effects.

Desert (which the unlucky will be forced to skip): The Gray King will at the very least be a good, unique Mythic to throw into the mix. He provides significant, boostable true damage and crippling status effects to whatever enemy troops the player chooses. I’m hesitant to label him top tier this early, as I think his color-based spell effect will impose hard decisions at times between optimal board control and troop targeting, and Undead typing will limit his speed. But he’s going to be pretty good, and I’m excited to see what kinds of teams people come up with using him.

(I will say, I’m not thrilled with Undead’s type-based stat booster being bound to a Mythic. Yes, Wulfgarok set the precedent for this, but Wargare are more niche than Undead.)

1 Like

New spoilers!

TROOPS

• Upcoming Mythic: GenieQueen! Salty will definitely love this one.
  • Guardian of the Fields has no spell yet but it’s an ultra-rare that starts with 50% mana.
  • All the other changes are localization and colors, which I personally don’t think are too helpful.

CLASSES

• The Slayer class has traits now! Grudge (Gain 1 Attack when an enemy casts), Bloodlust (Gain Enraged when an enemy dies), and Brutal Strike (Inflict Bleed on all Enemies when an Enemy dies.). Fireblade makes this class at least an interesting concept, but a lack of 50% starting mana and a lack of other useful talents makes me sad. Brutal Strike is pretty bad though, why do the devs overestimate Bleed so much?

OTHER

• Nothing interesting in the weapon or kingdom or pet changes.

Additionally, one point I want to make:

The thing I’m most excited about in Wild Court is that we finally get a ++Green -Red banner!

they’re probably balancing around newer players and assuming its always 4 stacks of bleed…

I hate on enemy death, personally.

2 Likes

Except its +Red-Blue, isn’t it? :confused: (EDIT: and Amanithrax has the combo you’re wanting?)

Yeah the Slayer trait would be disappointing if that’s all it is. In fairness, I have no idea how viable it is to get 3-4 stacks of bleed on an opposing team with the troop options we have (let alone if such a thing is actually worth trying for), so maybe it’s better in practice than in theory?

Okay, new revelations. Looks like Taran’s World is missing a couple things (I contacted him about it). We also have the following info:

MIRRORED HALLS

• Doppleganger: Transform into an Enemy, and Curse them. Stealthy.

• Copycat: Create 10 Gems of an Ally’s mana color and summon a copy of them. Air Link.

• Glass Golem: Explode a Gem, give a random ally Reflect for each Skull destroyed, gain armor. Armored and Mana Shield.

• Mirror Queen: Deal (Magic + 4 + 6 x Reflected Allies) to a single enemy, with a 50% chance to summon that enemy. Trait puts Reflect on a random ally on 4+ matches.

These effects make for fun troops but an abysmal faction experience. I really hope something gets done about this. I really want to know what happens if you use Doppleganger or Mirrored Queen against a Boss troop like Zuul’Goth? That’d be interesting!

Additionally, information on 4.6.0 is in the game files. I put this in an expanding box and strongly encourage people to wait until Monday when the preview stream hits, it’ll be cooler to learn about them then.

Are you sure? You’ll make Salty cry! :sob: :sob: :sob:

I'm Sure

Okay, here goes:

Tokens, Badges, and Medals are three tiers of a new set of items. Equipping them applies an effect similar to traits and talents.

Keep in mind there are a LOT LOT LOT of unknowns (Must the Hero be on the team? Is it available in all game modes? How are Tokens obtained?) so please keep your thoughts of “this is overpowered!” to a minimum and take this info with a grain of salt (since it is preliminary).

Three Tokens combine into the corresponding Badge, and (SPECULATION) Three Badges combine into one Medal, so 9 Badges per medal. (Like that they’re using the SoulForge for more things now!)

Here’s a list:

• Token of Gaard: Combine 3 to make a Badge of Gaard
  • Badge of Gaard: +2 Armor for all troops
  • Medal of Gaard: +8 Armor for all troops
  • Token of Yasmine: Combine 3 to make a Badge of Yasmine
  • Badge of Yasmine: +2 Life for all troops
  • Medal of Yasmine: +8 Life for all troops
  • Token of Cedric: Combine 3 to make a Badge of Cedric
  • Badge of Cedric: +10% chance to Cleanse each Troop when my turn begins
  • Medal of Cedric: +40% chance to Cleanse each Troop when my turn begins
  • Token of Aranaea: Combine 3 to make a Badge of Aranaea
  • Badge of Aranaea: +1 Attack for all troops
  • Medal of Aranaea: +4 Attack for all troops
  • Token of Anu: Combine 3 to make a Badge of Anu
  • Badge of Anu: +5% Starting Mana
  • Medal of Anu: +20% Starting Mana
  • Token of Nysha: Combine 3 to make a Badge of Nysha
  • Badge of Nysha: +1 Magic for all troops
  • Medal of Nysha: +4 Magic for all troops

So we have 6 types; one for each skill, a Cleanse, and a starting mana. Depending on how the three slots we saw on stream can be used and in what combinations, the latter two will likely be the most useful.

A lot of other data is available in the localization files, but with very little context:

These descriptions cast a LOT of doubt on how the system works. We don’t have numbers or context. I’d recommend not getting too crazy with your assumptions or critiques until Monday.

11 Likes