(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

Those Warband things have listed coordinates for the main Krystara map. Any idea where exactly they are positioned? I mean the current map is already pretty crowded. Not a lot of free space left there.

Right (east) border of the current map. Maybe the map will be extended because our menu buttons are very close.

for reference:

Dhrak-Zum
Map name: Krystara
Map position: 1858 x 271

Blighted Lands
Map position: 1896 x 1413

WARBAND:ArmoredLegion
Map position: 1978 x 435

Pan’s Vale
Map position: 942 x 480

So chances are the map is going to be zoomed out to fit more icons on the world map (guesswork)

It could be extended as well as Neritar stated.

Extended in Both → East and South to make room for Warbands invading Krystara from east and south (my guess).

Extending to the North or West would require: remapping all current kingdoms or using negative numbers in kingdom positions, which looks like too much work…

Another option:
Their current map position are placeholders and new world map will be added (similiar do underworld).

That’s in line with my expectations.

Given usual lead times for console certifications, the update probably has to be sent off by the end of this week (if not sooner) to make a launch window two weeks away. The diff file push has a good chance of being a “final”-ish build being prepared to be sent off for certification.

And for the sake of disclosure, as someone will surely ask, the public beta team has not as of yet been asked to review any 5.3 builds. Of course, the devs are under no obligation whatsoever to make any beta build available to the public testers and are entirely in their right to use strictly only internal QA staff. Given the new information from the diff files about Warbands, the devs might have chosen to intentionally keep this update close to the vest and did not want to risk any potential leaks.

5 Likes

:grinning: :point_up_2:
What was the last version, the testers were involved?
btw all i have read here abouts the tests they are more Release-Candidate than Beta tests :thinking:

5.2.0 was the last version where there was a public beta test.

Personal opinion, but that’s a fair assessment of the situation. I’ve said in the past that we’re more of a focus group than actual bug hunters, though we do actually do that with the beta candidate we are presented. When we get invited to test some feature, it’s usually 95%+ complete and the devs are looking more at actual play data that we generate for balancing/tuning purposes before that content goes live. We do not have the capability to “reject” a build and send it back for a rework if we all unanimously dislike what we are shown.

3 Likes

Elseways I might still be participating in such things. The number of times I said “jesus no don’t do that!!” and watched it go live and get hated by literally everyone …

6 Likes

This, so much.

1 Like

These have disappeared now on Taransworld.com

Proves that DEVs are reading this spoiler thread and hiding things that are in some early development or things that they dont want to be asked on stream by curious players ^^

2 Likes

good thing I screenshot it at least…

now if they only tested their mythics before release

7 Likes

My guess would be Taran made them go away because it’s not clear what they are yet and if they belong in kingdoms. They were showing up on his MyProfile page too(MyProfile/ Hero Info), he fixed that as well:

Or maybe devs did remove them, but I feel like they don’t care enough to go through the effort.

1 Like

I can’t be the only one whose first thought was this when they saw the word “warband.”

Please, please let this be the warband!

5 Likes

The Sun troop looks extremely similar in concept to Heart of Rage. It’s a legendary, single mana (yellow), construct released around the same time as the campaign capstone mythic. I think this will be another Soulforge mythic similar to Enraged Kurandara. Something like Solar Quetzalma or something. That would mean that the final crafted troop has elements of both component’s spells and traits combined. I wonder what that looks like, maybe adding the extra turn chance based on non-yellow gems for Quetzalma?

Not only do I think that this is likely, but I’d bet there will eventually be a craftable boss mythic representing each color of mana. First we had Enraged Kurandara with the red HoR. This in theory would have the yellow Sun. I can see this being a recurring theme. I just hope they don’t all require 8 power orbs, or that they provide ways for increased major orb/full power orb drops to help keep up.

5 Likes

This unobtanium, bs has to stop.

8 Likes

Payobtanium :money_mouth_face:

3 Likes

Hehe… I wouldn’t get your hopes up :sweat_smile:

Immortal got changed to

Trait #1: Immune
Immunity to Disease.

for the mythic.

Some minor spoilers, not much worth note except maybe this?

Fundingus

Fundingus
Fungal in the Jungle.

Arcane: Beast
Base Rarity: Epic
Troop Type: Elemental, Goblin
Troop Role: Generator

Purple Spores
Explode [Magic + 1] Purple Gems. Then summon either a Giant Toadstool or an Exploadstool. Gain an extra turn.

Mana Color: Green, Red
Mana Cost: 13

Trait #1: Immune
Immunity to Disease.

Trait #2: Plague Touch
Inflict Disease when doing Skull damage.

Trait #3: Poison Spores
Inflict Poison when I take Skull damage.

Nothing super amazing, but its an extra turn Elemental Exploder…

Prism Staff

Chose a Color. Remove all Gems of that Color. Deal [Magic + 6] scatter damage, boosted by the Gems removed.
Fey: Faerie Fire the First Enemy, Enchanting: Enchant Myself

A 2 color Anu’s Scepter with a tiny bit more upside.

2 Likes

I dont really get the link to enraged kura, heart of rage or sth similar.
Atm more a unit first from the pass (with a kingdom) you can get from the forge or by chests later.