(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

Its not just this achievement. Its the fact they’ll add higher versions of it later on.

That’s a fair point. You can also passively collect tokens off epic tasks, so it’ll happen eventually. I guess I’ll just totally ignore it for now and keep working on achievable goals like maxing all the factions.

do you know if those statues are giving new bonuses or just tied into the original 6 statues?

1 Like

Thats also my way - i wont waste my time in endless explores now.

Still more doable than the ZG one for most of the game…

Ugh. The Explore update completely took the fun out of that part of the game. I got 3 badges total, not even medals, and stopped caring about ever touching Explore again (At least 2 of them were Cedric, so I’ve got a little use out of them). That’s completely unobtainable for me.

1 Like

Taransworld.

1 Like

Sorry, I saw that they responded shortly after I sent the site print to your comment.

1 Like

Exactly like it sounds it is…

… but, in the vein of literally everything that is being released these days, in exchange for being a “Baited” Pet Gnome, beware the monkey’s paw…

Look at the section of the datamine that discusses this and put two and two together…

And I don’t know why I still chuckle everytime I see a datamine that reveals new information that wasn’t disclosed to beta testers during testing.

6 Likes

The idea of having a Pet Gnome that offers a smaller Pet List than the current wide Gnome Pet List is very good. However, the question presented earlier still lingers and causes tension, how will this limited list be defined? I think we will only find out when it comes.

I myself got lost thinking about how to leave a mythical pet on a list with numerous pets, where we need numerous copies of each and get a few copies at a time.

This definitely sounds like a way to force the player to buy copies of the pet with gems in the store when the referred pet is rescued. But at the same time it drives away the players who don’t have the resources to do so.

One idea I had (which would hardly be approved, I believe) was to collect an item on Explore from a certain kingdom (as with the Mythstones) and by gathering a certain amount of that item, we could exchange it for a copy of a pet from that kingdom (each kingdom would have his own recipe and if the player wanted pet copies of a particular kingdom, they would have to invest in that kingdom’s Explore). Each kingdom would have its own pet items, you could not use the pet items collected from Adana to get a pet copy of Dragon’s Claw kingdom, for example.

It would not be like giving pet copies for free, we would have to invest playing in a kingdom, but it would be a way of not getting stuck in the star up because we do not have the mythical pet of the kingdom.

But, we will have to face one more Gnome, who in the midst of so many other Gnomes, may or may not come in some battles.

2 Likes

That’s actually a decent idea in my opinon.

That was October 28.

About Shahbanu,

So Salty did her preview stream, but it looks to create all gems at the same time, but the mixture doesnt overwrite itself… (all created at the same time).

The stat gain is still rather negligible, but the gem creation itself seems humorous. Will it actually be any good? I can’t tell. Salty seemed to have a fun time with Shahbanu and Winter Imp though…

I confirmed this again on stream, and I’ve mentioned it a few times. @Ashasekayi is correct! (I’m really glad we are bringing this QoL change.)

2 Likes

It does tho. Look at the green gem on the right

2 Likes

Oh my bad. Well. dang huh.

I feel like we may have a different understanding about what “QoL change” means. It’s still appreciated that the old guardians won’t show up again though. :+1:

3 Likes

Yeah re: Shahbanu. Kudos to Salty for showing a build that could at least make her useful - run her with a doom weapon (of her mana color) and an imp and she’ll generate mana+extra turns. Run her with a +2 mana class for safety too, I’m thinking.

With that strict of a team composition requirement, along with such meager side benefits (random stat gain+that third trait are still terrible) and high mana cost, I still think she’s bound to Stonehammer/Champion of Gaard tier. Hope to be proven wrong though!

Shahbanu makes Queen Aurora look good.

Here’s some math on this, by the way:

Achievement Math (Trigger Warning: Awful Dev Decisions)

Keep in mind that the first Epic level will require one medal of matching rarity, but the second and third will require two and three medals of matching rarity to achieve Gold Elite Level on. You can also use one medal of the next highest rarity.

Depending on if and how you may try your luck, you will need to spend anywhere between 300 and 1800 Medals to do this. This equates to between 2700 to 16,200 Tokens, or between 1,080 and 6,480 Explore Runs at Difficulty 12.

That’s between 6,480 and 38,880 Explore battles at Difficulty 12. And that low number is if you’re lucky with that 33% chance to gain Gold with only one Medal (or if you use higher rarity medals, though that’s hard to account for mathematically).

For Souls, we have 10,000 for Bronze, 20,000 for Silver, and 30,000 for Gold, PER MEDAL.

100 Bronze spends, 100-200 Silver spends, and 100-300 Gold spends means between 6,000,000 and 14,000,000 Souls.

I feel like all of these numbers would be reasonable for a high-end achievement if you divided them by 10.

The fact that this is so outlandishly ridiculous makes me believe that there are VASTLY accelerated ways of earning medals on the horizon. If you get the equivalent of 3 per week from guild tasks, for example, you could be done with the medals in a little under two years.

Of course, that makes the souls the bottleneck. I’d estimate that I “passively” earn between 1 and 2 million souls a year just playing the game and collecting tributes. So the souls could be collected in a couple years too.

Is there still time to divide everything by 10 before the patch hits? The purpose of achievements is to give people fun goals to motivate them to try out new features; they don’t affect the game’s economy. This is the opposite of motivating.