(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

Presumably a 505 marketing department has identified a big sales opportunity for GOW in Russia which these next kingdom troops are designed to resonate with…

Oh man, it’s not so much that as it is that our Russian fans are many and vocal. So vocal. Everyday I have an influx of messages across everything asking for the game to be translated into Russian. It’s pretty exciting that they are so excited about our game, so of course our next localisation was going to be Russian!

12 Likes

Hopefully it will be correct this time… they won’t do it to us twice in a row, right?

###Next week’s event troop

This spoiler image is fan-assembled from game files, and is UNOFFICIAL

REMINDER: All future troop details are subject to change at any time. (Retrieved 2017-05-01)

Sir Gwayne
Epic / Sword’s Edge / Human Knight
Spell: Rally the Troops (14 Red/Yellow) - Create 8 Blue Gems and 8 Brown Gems. Summon 1 - 3 random Sword’s Edge Troops.
Traits: Knight Bond / General - Gain 3 to all Skills if in last position. / Armored
Requires: Minor Fire, Arcane Storm Traitstones
Max stats: Attack - 17; Life - 19; Armor - 25; Magic - 14 (When fully ascended and level 20)
Flavor Text: In search of the Green Knight.
Will arrive in 7 days (2017-05-08).

18 Likes

That new “General” trait sounds like it could be a lot of fun if it starts leaking into other troops.

Incredible troop.

1 Like

Looks like an interesting troop hopefully he actually comes next week.

I believe it won’t be coming as summoning kingdom troops didn’t work with Necreza either.

The General trait is interesting, seems like a slightly worse version of Gar’Nok’s trait… maybe he’ll get a new legendary trait in the Grosh’Nak rework?

Seeing as this new troop is also a R/Y summoner (and a better one at that), my bet is on Gar’Nok getting a new spell that doesn’t involve summoning so that the last trait becomes more useful.

2 Likes

wow

summoning up to 3 new troops, and for 14 mana.

Guild Wars bottom troop? :stuck_out_tongue: “Oh… I’m down to one troop?” BAM! “Ok, back to full now!”

3 Likes

Summons 3 peasants

17 Likes

Instant win

4 Likes

Yes, interesting. Summoning up to three troops could be annoying, but the randomness makes it feel okay. That spell could put KnightCoronet/GriffonKnight/QueenYsabel into play and fill them… or just give you one Peasant or Innkeeper and hand a good board to the enemy.

Questions / thoughts:

• presumably needs coding so that it can’t summon a copy of itself
  • General trait sounds fun, it’s just a variation on Leader
  • daft giving him Armored, that should be changed to Reinforced, or Alert or something (anything) else
  • will the gem matches from the spell resolve before the summoned troops are effectively ‘there’: i.e. will the new summoned troops get mana from his gem spam straight away? they should do, but the game is a bit erratic on those timings
1 Like

Or summons 1 peasant.

2 Likes

I rarely use summoners, but in Abynissya’s case definitely her mana generation doesn’t go to the summoned IK. Don’t know how other such troops work so far.

All board mod spells initiate board lock when they trigger, and matches can only occur when the spell is finished processing. Abynissia’s explosion is a primary function of the spell that happens before IK is summoned, so the mana from the explosion bypasses him. However, secondary cascades from gems dropping into place after the board unlocks will give mana to IK. Every board mod spell works like this, so this one should be no different. Regardless of where the gem generation is in the process, before or after the summons, the matches will not occur until after the spell finishes processing and the board unlocks, therefore, the mana will go to the summons.

3 Likes

Can you make a pretty picture like that for the Mythic this friday?

sure.

###Friday’s mythic

This spoiler image is fan-assembled from game files, and is UNOFFICIAL

REMINDER: All future troop details are subject to change at any time. (Retrieved 2017-05-01)

Elemaugrim
Mythic / Dragon’s Claw / Daemon Dragon
Spell: Last Shadow (25 Brown/Red/Purple) - Deal [Magic+3] damage to all enemies. Create 8 Purple Gems, boosted by Burning enemies. [1:1]
Traits: Magic Heart / Impervious / Darkness - Decrease all enemies’ Attack by 3 on 4 or 5 Gem matches.
Requires: Minor Fire, Arcane Lava, Arcane Dark Traitstones
Max stats: Attack - 20; Life - 23; Armor - 23; Magic - 11 (When fully ascended and level 20)
Flavor Text: In darkest day, in blackest night.
Will arrive in 4 days (2017-05-05).

21 Likes

I think I’ll get that dragon just for Impervious. But seriously he’ll need a bit of love and good team synergy to be good