Splash damage of +9 Earth Fury crash games

(Please edit this template into the italics below.

_[Please check the known issues list before posting a bug](https://community.gemsofwar.com/t/3-5-known-issues-pc-mobile/41214._

Platform, device version and operating system
Android, Samsung Notes 3

Screenshot or image
If you are on a console simply take a photo using another device. A video is preferred. Try uploading to YouTube Privately.

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened
This is simply what you were trying to do and what happened instead. Example:
If you kill the last enemy with the weapon power, the splash damage will prevent the game to close. This makes you lose a win and force to reboot the game

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
reproducible each time, either in pvp, invasion, explore, pet rescue any battle

Steps to make it happen again
Kill the last enemy with the +9 Earth’s Fury splash damage

Note: If you are uncomfortable reporting your bug publicly you can privately message @Cyrup or @Kafka with the completed bug template. Do not abuse this offer to message developers if you are otherwise comfortable posting your thread publicly.

2 Likes

Hey @RezoApio

Thanks for reporting this. This is a known issue which we’re currently investigating.

For more information and for some work arounds you can use in the meantime, please see this Help Center article:
https://gemsofwar.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000361516-Game-freeze-at-the-end-of-battle-on-Android

Please check your in game mail.

1 Like

Still not fixed. Caused a GW loss.

The article mentions it’s fixed in the next update. Unfortunately this is not fixed currently.

Please review the weapons in the article to avoid using them to kill the last enemy. Particular affixes will cause the issue.

Right, it’s a little late for that.

The article has mentioned for a week or so that the issue was fixed in 4.0/the next update - is there something else we can do better there? Please let me know :slight_smile:

Go ahead and release the update? :wink:

You could stealth remove / change the weapon power so it does nothing, anything is better than game crash.

1 Like

Is this advice? What does stealth have to do with it at all?

Stealth changes are changes they can make that dont require a patch.

Hes suggesting the devs just push new data that changes the Rending affix (and any other crashing affixes) on the weapon until next patch (even to something that does nothing), until the next patch, because having this upgrade temporarily do nothing and not crashing is better than dealing 3 damage and potentially crashing. They’ve demonstrated they can push new data for spells, troops, traits, and even hero talents between patches so long as it fits some existing template, so this should be one of the things that can be done without a client update, but I’m unsure.

2 Likes

@Cyrup

I’m sure this would require a patch but…

If you had a trait/spell/ability called ‘Disabled’ with description ‘Sorry, but this has been temporarily disabled due to bugs’ you’d quickly be able to point a bugged ability to a harmless yet descriptive message.

3 Likes

Please do not remove the affix… even with the bug if you take care it is still a winner… so I prefer to keep it for all the cases it wins the game vs the one mistake I make and crash my game.

Ah! Yes exactly!

We are just suggesting to remove (disable) Rending affix and anything else that crashes until the next patch when it will be fixed, which should hopefully be soon. Though I don’t see how having a situation where dealing 3-5 damage being the break point for victory would be more common than the armor destroy plus 20 odd damage the weapon does to finish the final enemy and end the game without crashing. Lots of other weapons, notably Hope’s Crescent, are completely ruined by this glitch if you upgrade them, since your potential 150+ nuke (counting the armor destroy) can’t be cast to finish the battle without crashing.

2 Likes

I think it’s really bad that this is a “just play carefully until the next update (which we haven’t announced a date for)” instead of a “we will patch the game to fix this” issue.

People are losing resources they paid for. It’s not their fault you don’t have the resources to fully test the game.

1 Like

With this icon:

1 Like

To clarify my point. My fury does destroy armor + 18 life damage + 3 splash.
During the beg of game splash is perfect to kill barrier. The only pb is if I leave the last enemy with less than 18 hp. If it has 19 I destroy the armor and kill it with splash. Perfect. If it has less I do not use the power. It is a timi g issue who to kill first… so I would keep it for me… my own 2 cents

Sorry I was not clear with this: I was referring to what could be reworded in the article to make the workarounds clearer in terms of avoiding certain affixes.

I will will check with the devs if there is anything else that can be done before the next update but I doubt it.

The problem is one of visibility for people who didn’t read the forums or the support article for this specific issue. Yes, you can play around it if you know about it ahead of time, but you need empathy for the people who don’t know about it. Someone going into the game with only the information the game gives them is susceptible to losses. It made me a soldier instead of a vanguard! I may never recover! /s

With that considered, I think it’d be great to implement a dummy ability/effect that can easily be switched to for cases such as this, as mentioned above. Even if it can’t help for this issue, something like that on deck could abate future QA misses.

2 Likes