Spin Me Right ‘Round

Hi Snooj,

As the debate over this issue bled over into the PQ3 forums, Kafka posted on the topic there today. As I do not see a version of this response from her yet here, I’ll repost her statements here for this community.

Start

Just providing a little context on this issue for PQ3 forum users, as well as the response that’s been provided to our Gems of War players. Also… a quick note that we don’t really support these types of cross posts, and in future we may delete them. In this instance though, we feel that a response (and locking the thread) is more appropriate.

The situation being discussed is that we released a new mythic troop into Gems of War. Mythic troops are exclusive to chests for a week (i.e. if you get a Mythic troop from a chest, and the new troop is available from that chest, you WILL always receive that troop. A small gray area existed with a chest type which is a weekly-kingdom chest. It only gives a subset of troops from a “weekly kingdom”. Most months, when we release a mythic troop, it cannot be in that chest, but in this case the Mythic Troop & the weekly kingdom chest lined up. This did not specifically get called out in a our standard news post - but in all fairness it did not NOT get called out either… in other words, we never gave confirmation that it WAS or WAS NOT in those chests.

A final note on this… The way this works was actually implemented as player feedback about 3 years ago.

Okay - that context out of the way. It appears that some players assumed it would work differently than it did, and spent keys trying to get a troop (Arachnaean Weaver) from the chest that was not available, and would like a refund.

Our response has been this:

• If we had made a mistake and misled anybody we would certainly give a refund. We almost always do, and if it’s not possible to refund we will compensate in some other way
  • In this case the game was functioning as intended - indeed as players had requested it function.
  • Our news item, although missing a piece of information, was not incorrect in the information it provided
  • The in-game screens never gave any indication this troop, the Arachnaean Weaver, was available either
  • With that in mind, we do not believe that a refund is appropriate in this case
  • HOWEVER, we have notified all players that we will be putting Arachnaean Weaver into the Soulforge (our crafting system) at a highly discounted resource-cost for a couple of weeks, for anybody who wants to craft it.

End

2 Likes