Spectral Knight

I moved this to feature requests/suggestions. That’s not up to me, but the lack of either positive/negative being explicitly mentioned denotes that any status effect applies. There are other Spells like this.

That’s fine now that I know it’s intended. I don’t mean to be argumentative. But I think it’s fair to say I have a lot of knowledge about all the troops in the game. I’m unaware of any that indicates a positive or negative status effect by saying just “a status effect”. Other than of course, Spectral Knight. I would love to be wrong about this. But I wouldn’t of made the thread had I not already researched it. A quick search of “status effects” revealed enough history that this troops text is unlike any other… At least to me.

1 Like

So I suppose this goes from a bug report into the growing pile of feature requests that a consistency pass be done over the game’s text.

3 Likes

She was right to move it. Since it’s working as intended I guess. :person_shrugging:
But as a fellow GoW enthusiast… And a trusted member of the community.
Are you aware of any troop that indicates Positive and Negative status effects as simply “a status effect”? (Other than SK)

From all the counter-examples (I think Domovoi, Dragonette, Hag, Magnus and Watcher is a complete list), I think Watcher is the most pertinent, since it has the exact same conditional text (except for capitalisation - maybe that’s the key? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:):

As you can see, it has no tool-tip - but I just tested it, and can 100% confirm it does not work on an enemy troop with Enchant.

(Edit: the troop was Glitterclaw, in Casual PvP)

(Also missed Marid, as below)

2 Likes

Here ya go: a list of troops that show up on a text search for “status effect”.

Impervious troops
Too many to list. Importantly, when I used Elven Bard to enchant Barbearius, the “impervious” text flashed—but Barbearius still became enchanted. So Impervious seems to apply only to negative status effects, even though the text flashes for all status effects.

Divinia: “positive status effects” explicitly
Domovoi, Dragonette, Hag, Magnus, Marid: “status effect(s)” but only negative ones
Spectral Knight: “status effect” but applies to both positive and negative ones
Watcher: drains enemy mana if they have a status effect. Could not test in limited time I have available right now.

Edit: thanks, @Jonathan! And I did suggest weeks ago that “status effects” and “Status Effects” were different things. Don’t go stealin’ my joke!

3 Likes

Lol, my bad :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Does Watcher work on troops with Poisoned/Disease/etc. right now? Maybe it really is supposed to be the same effect as Spectral Knight, but is also broken right now by the same bug afflicting SK.

2 Likes

You know what, it’s broken. I was going to check, but must have forgotten/assumed I didn’t need to. So ty :stuck_out_tongue:. Screenshots:

Watcher cast on Marsh Raptor - Explore battle in Mist of Scales on Warlord I. As per my post above, my Watcher does 19 true damage. And the Glitterclaw shots:

Shotgun not doing the bug report! Definitely link this post, though.

1 Like

We’re aware and we’ve got a fix in for the next update. :slight_smile:

5 Likes