Sound the Horn

@Saltypatra @Kafka @Cyrup

Draconic Glory
Transform a chosen Mana color to Red. Give other all allies 1 Magic.

1 Like

The weapon is interesting, it’s at least barking up the right tree. I wish, more and more often, the events had the “Tier 3” version of the weapons and some supercharged, expensive-to-craft version also in Soulforge.

Halving an enemy’s attack in these modes is an amazing ability. Part of what makes them dangerous is you’re encouraged to reach the point where any skull damage is lethal.

But to be “good” you have to compare to the only two weapons we have that scale with opponents: Hope’s Crescent and Mang. If we’re at a level where the enemy can hit you with 180+ skull damage, it’s reasonable to assume they have at least 150 armor. So both Mang and Hope’s Crescent end up doing roughly 180 damage on a successful hit. (Let’s not bicker about the ceiling on HC.)

“Halving an enemy’s attack” saves you from some skull damage, but we’re talking a ceiling of about 75 there. The weapon would be far more exciting and powerful if it were “halve the first two enemies’ attack”. Then we’d be talking about eliminating a potential 150 damage across two opponents. Since it targets the ones threatening skull damage the most, it’s also more valuable. As is, since it targets an enemy, you run the risk of wanting to damage an opponent that is likely to die before it could be eligible to do skull damage.

I do agree that this represents too much power for the low level of purchase that Tier III represents. But I’d love to see very expensive event-relevant weapons for sale in some way, shape, or form. Alas. Maybe that’s what’ll happen with the weapon upgrade tiers.

1 Like

Yeah instead of needing 1 skull hit they need 2… not a big deal when you know AI is very lucky with cascade skulls

Is that 2nd one a world of warcraft character?

“Lucky” Indeed.

The important question: does Herne rhyme with ‘fern’ or ‘Ernie’?

Why not fernie?

Rhymes with “fern”. Pronounced like “hurn”.

1 Like

I’ve got to say now that Orion’s Herald isn’t limited to one cast, the flavor gets… weird.

Orion’s Herald blows horn. Orion shows up.
Orion: It is I, Orion!
Orion’s Herald blows the horn again. Another Orion shows up.
Orion 2: It is I, Orion! Oh… you again.
Orion 1: Don’t make this weird, man.
Orion’s Herald blows horn.
Everyone: STAHP

Maybe it should’ve been a vuvuzela.

5 Likes

Perhaps we should name them Orione, Oritwo, and Orithree.

5 Likes