Soul Farming - Let's Talk Shop

I agree with the combo of Brian - Valkrie - and Acolyte, I just wanted to add the the new brown weapon for the hero, the Farsight Orb added into the mix makes for clearing the board every turn quick and easy. I’ve noticed that you don’t get a map for clearing the board, but it does raise you chances significantly for getting the cascade that WILL award you a map. Using this combo against the computer in a new kingdom was very profitable and pvp is only marginally more difficult. Saving up maps for diamonds for celestial armor has consumed a lot of my free time and I must say I am enjoying it. @Skippygammons

1 Like

Yeah, the Farsight Orb / Acolyte combo can get pretty ridiculous. Once their magic gets high enough, it’s essentially an endless loop.

I attempted the farsighted orb acolyte combo. Didn’t go as strongly as the Double Brian combo.

Double Brian fills up with the same color as Orb. It yields any stat, the same as orb. Since each use hits all allies, you can pump the other Brian’s Magic for a ugly doubling effect. Top slot as Brian he gets crazy since all his stats are effectively going up.

I find Eternal Flame, Valkyrie, Alchemist, Acolyte to be a pretty solid combination for soul and map farming, but I’ve found I’ve drifted away from the Acolyte to the Banshee for two reasons. 1) The Acolyte isn’t super reliable until his magic pumps up more, so unless the board is already very full of brown gems you can give away the advantage. 2) While the Banshee does damage and therefore ends battles quicker, she also can save your butt if you end up accidentally using your farming team in PVP.

Point of clarification: the Challenge math. 18 Kingdoms, 7 challenges each, 5 battles per challenge. Soul gain per challenge is 5 + 10 + 15 + 20 + 100 + 20 (4 per battle for the foes you vanquished) equals a total gain of 170 souls per challenge. That equals 21,420 total souls available from challenges with no modifications.

I realize this simply makes your point stronger, but then a stronger point makes a stronger statement, right? Nice faq, thanks!

1 Like

This thread could use mention of the fact that costumes only grant their bonus to Battles, Challenges, Defense, and Quests. It says so right on the Shop/Costumes tab when you enter.

1 Like

The Arena rewards are boosted, the Treasure maps not.

1 Like

OMG never had so much fun doing a challenge before!

Did not need to go so high but boy was it super fun! I only have one Brian so the hero filled in to take any heat for the Acolyte. And unfortunately Brian had already died.

2 Likes

Will edit this into the guide now. Thank you for your edit and info.
-Blackguard

I have a cuestión about how the valkiria skill works, i’ ve played some challengers games, and i lv up the magic skill of the valkiria till each time i use it’s skill it’s suppose to give me 66 souls, and i used the skill a lot of times at this lv, and after completing the game I find out that I’ve only won like 60 souls… Why is that?

As stated before in this thread, there is a maximum amount of souls you can win per battle. It can only be raised with armour (Celestial, Lion or Dragon), or by the difficulty you’re playing in or by a higher VIP level. Without any extra bonus, the maximum is 40 souls per battle. In your case it’s apparently +50%.

1 Like

Correction: the Necromancy trait does not raise the maximum per battle, but difficulty does (which you did not mention).

Corrected! Thanks.

Should I include Necromancy into this guide or leave it out? If we could find a post with someone having already done the number crunch, I’ll add it to the guide and give them full credit.

it does add to the total souls but not the max.

1 Like