Something needs to change

+1 to pretty much everything the OP said.

Medals should work with the available troops. Last week was the second time we got skull damage medals with no skull generating troops.

Scoring systems are unnecessarily complicated.

Agree with all the above the campaign last week was just hard work and very small rewards

I donā€™t see why the medals have to rotate evenly when they all turn into the same thing after the week is over. As stated above, it should be the most applicable medal, not the medal thatā€™s next in line or whatever. This is our only big weekly event and it shouldnā€™t be something thatā€™s dreaded every 3 weeks because itā€™s going to either be Grosh-Nak (again) or a nightmare slog for people who didnā€™t buy a weapon two years ago. I have a doomed axe and it didnā€™t make last week any more fun. Lining up gem colors to convert the enemy needed and took isnā€™t the thrill ride it sounds like.

I nearly quit completely after Stormheim week and took a 2 week break. If it had just gone ā€œout of orderā€ to spell damage that would have been a massively fun week, even if it was the half skull half spell medal. It takes ten minutes to glance at a kingdom and determine the prominent damage source.

I really want something to change in the PVP area !!!

Always SAME defenses infer SAME counter teams, almost everything seems so stagnent that deducts any relevent sentiment of joy during plays.

There are players who abandon the game due to its dull repetition. Seriously.

I could recommend (something I just came up with) compulsory change of defense teams every week (or every other week) and serious bonuses for use of rarely used troops.

The game needs a juicy reform. I can sympathize with your focusing on Puzzle Quest 3, but Gems of War is still a vivid game with thousands of daily players. You canā€™t let them (us) down.

PVP defense teams are set by players, so the only thing that would change PVP is buffing/nerfing troops so the meta changes. Which wouldnā€™t really fix the problem of defense teams being same-y, it would just change which same-y defense teams you go up against.

3 Likes

Forgot to reply here after last stream when I asked @Saltypatra about the medals. Whoops.

Apparently, the design team chooses the medals. She acknowledged that there has been a lot of frustration about the medal choices and has passed that on.

I was one of the people who thought an algorithm of some sort decided the medals. Surprising to hear a person does.

6 Likes

Not disagreeing, but I get offered the same 10-15 people to fight - over and over again. Surely they could at least increase the pool of possible opponents to, well, anything larger than 10-15ā€¦

As for teams being samey: Increase rewards for winning on defense, decrease rewards for using meta troops on defense? ā†’ people might just try harder to come up with non-meta teams that can still win.

3 Likes

I couldnā€™t agree more. Always the SAME meta teams take away all the fun. PVP needs a serious re-calibration ASAP. And some extra rewards for ingenious non-meta teams (besides trophies and coins) wouldnā€™t hurt.

1 Like

Let us keep this thread on topic. Start a new thread with PvP.

From the OP:

1 Like

Guilty of this. XD

But yeah, this weekā€™s event is an example of a good one. Medals synergized with the troops on offer. You could use non-standard troops effectively (Blade Dancer alone trivializes higher level content thanks to scaling! And thatā€™s awesome!) The scoring system wasnā€™t too onerous (do higher rarity, higher level if available). All that makes sense. More events like this, please!

2 Likes

The last week event was so lame that, after 1800 hours of playing, I have uninstalled the game from all my computers. No more wasting of time.

1 Like

How about this weekā€™s event - No Elemental Hero class.

Last week I managed to make a pretty good dent because of Pan and the team I built around him and his damageā€¦ not because of skull crushing.