Some rows in guild chat are disappearing randomly

Just a reminder, because the problem is worsening.

2 days ago, 8 chat lines in our guild chat disappeared. Today, 4 more are evaporated.
I have the screenshots of the last disappeared chat rows , if you needed them, because since a few days I’m grabbing a screenshot every time I write something in chat.

Anyway, this is a big problem for the game. No communications, means less interest for the guild.
Guilds are the reason all the long time players are continuing to play, so, please, take this problem seriously.

It seems to me that the disappearance is tied to the temporary rows shown every time someone upgrade a troop to Mithic or drop an high level troop.
Is it possible that, when the temporary rows are deleted, some more chat rows are deleted too?

2 Likes

Please, please, please, pretty please. Fix it! :sob:

Early this morning:

Now:

If anyone writes more than 1 row on the chat, the second one (and all the following) disappear.
Currently the chat is unusable. Worse than that, now very few guilders are willing to communicate using the game internal chat. Our guild will die, continuing this way.

Perhaps there is an antispam timeout demon, deleting lines if they are posted within a short time interval?

3 Likes

For everyone struggling with this problem, @Fifthelement pointed out that if you leave and re-enter the guild chat after each line, they should stay and not get deleted

I can confirm that this workaround works!

This is still happening, I am just now seeing the above mentioned workaround. That kind of nonsense shouldn’t be necessary either though. Is this even being addressed?

1 Like

Unfortunately even the workaround stopped working a couple days ago.
A saw several chat lines written that way, disappear less that 24 hours after being written.

Previously, a good way to see if a chat line was saved on the chat server was to exit from the game, enter again, and check if the line was there.
Now it seems that even if it is there, the line can eventually disappear from the server, anyway.

The only sure thing is that it happens always when more than 1 chat line is written. But it’s not always the second line the one disappearing. Sometimes it’s the first one.

@Nimhain said they know that there is this problem, but I don’t know if they are working on fixing it.

We have a fix coming in 2.2 Update that should resolve the issue.

2 Likes

I’ve tried searching really I have!
When is that update coming out? I’d like to give my guild some hope.

Berfore Christmas, we don’t have an ETA yet.

Thank you!

Totally Agree! Nimhaim says DEVS are looking into fixing this now that Tech Lead is back from vacation. :smiley: