[Solved by Kafka] World Event Points deleted!

Platform, device version and operating system:
OS, Windows 7, Windows 10
Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
Yesterday I saw my guildmate had a score of 523. Today I noticed it got reset to Zero. As you can see the battles showing the Idols and Crystals are still there. If you calculate those scores it adds up to 523.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
This is the first time it ever happened. I confirmed this with other guildmates. We are all seeing the same thing. It also affects our total guild score in a negative way.

Steps to make it happen again
I don’t know.

Did this happen to anyone else? I’m concerned because we have people in the leaderboard with high scores and we are currently about the finish the event - I don’t want to lose our points.

:heart: Anam Cara :heart:
* Magix *

They were most likely banned from the game. In cases like that their points are negated from the scoreboard. But not negated from the actual guild.

But that person is such a below average player…like very low in everything. Not sure why they would get banned. Even if they are banned, how come they are still in the guild? Do they just leave the “banned player” in the guild without any access?

Did he leave then rejoin your guild?

Good question! I checked the logs and no they did not leave and rejoin back. Also their gold contributions and trophies are still visible from this week. Although interestingly enough their gold contributions and trophies from last week got deleted from the guild view (looking at the history from Taransworld - thank you Taran).

The screenshot shows they were in the guild 10 days.

Maybe banned people don’t get removed from guilds? We don’t have communication for this person so I have no way to know what happened on their end.

This does happen when a player is banned. The player isn’t automatically removed from the guild in case they appeal their ban and are given a second chance, then it’s up to the guild whether they want to trust they won’t do it again or not.

We have a fairly strict ban policy with most bans for cheating being permanent first time regardless of what the player did to cheat.

Successful ban appeals do happen if we think they won’t be likely to cheat again.
It’s usually if someone did something pretty silly/not super impactful and lost years of progress for it through the ban. ie. we’d be surprised if they risked it all again as it very clearly wasn’t worth it at all.

Generally speaking, cheating isn’t a reflection on someone’s character, I think a lot of people automatically assume cheaters are bad people, but I don’t think that’s any more true than with any other group of people. A lot of cheaters do so to make their lives easier or to keep up with other players better when they don’t have much time to game, or they were being a bit cheeky and didn’t think it would really harm anyone else. So some guilds might decide not to kick them out.

Honestly, autoplay wasn’t designed for this reason alone, but we hope that more players who would be inclined to try cheats just to keep up with their friends would use the in game feature rather than cheat unfairly now that it’s an option.

Of course, there are also cheaters who are at the other end of the cheating spectrum and just enjoy ruining everyone else’s fun.

Basically, you know your guildies better than our staff, and you know what’s best for your guild, so we leave it up to you to decide what you want to do with their membership in these cases.

If someone was given a chance, they won’t get another one, no matter how trivial the cheats they used were.

If you’re the guild leader and you’re thinking of keeping them in the guild but you have no communication with the player outside of the game to ask them if they’ve appealed, you can contact support and while we won’t discuss the ban itself with you we are happy to give you an indication of whether it’s worth waiting to see if they appeal or not.

3 Likes

Thank you @Kafka for responding so quickly! I very much appreciate this.

I have opened a support ticket and will await the response. In the meanwhile we are not doing anything in case by a small chance they are unbanned.

Wishing you a wonderful day! :sunflower:

:heart: Anam Cara :heart:

2 Likes

Slightly off topic, but cheaters ARE BAD PEOPLE WITHOUT EXCEPTION. The game I played prior to Gems of War for a decade has been killed by hackers and cheaters, while some of us spent 1000,-s over the years to keep it alive.

Technically it’s still around, but 2 out of 3 platforms are full of cheaters and the 3rd is basically dead now. So anyone that has been proven guilty should be banned for life and face punishment. Unlike those that have been falsely banned before.

Rant over …

Just in case my post sounded too soft, we are pretty strict on cheating and don’t give many second chances.

It’s just also one of the first things people say when a player is banned is that they’re good people. So I just always get ahead of that by saying - they may be a great person, and they can still cheat.

The ban isn’t personal.

1 Like

I understand what you are saying. Most people in this world are good people at heart but it still doesn’t make it right if they jump the line or cheat.

It’s not personal it is just policy and when accepting the installation of the game, we have agreed to the rules and conditions. It’s the same with getting a credit card or anything else in life.

Thank you for explaining it :slight_smile:

2 Likes