So why do some guilds choose to keep minimum requirements secret and not public knowledge?

I’m seriously confused as to why some guilds who post on these forums choose to keep their requirements secret?

Exactly what advantage does such a thing offer?

If they are exuberantly high that wouldn’t that be obvious based on guild trophies on leader board?

On the other hand if they are low, why keep it a secret?

I’m genuinely curious to the advantage certain guilds think it brings.

EDIT:
I’m not actually looking for a guild as I’m in a great one, I just don’t understand why I see this every once in awhile.

I didn’t know secret requirements was a thing; our guild certainly doesn’t and I fail to see how such a “secret” would be beneficial. I guess some people just like to create a little mystery lol

I’ve never encountered “secret” requirements

Perhaps I should clarify, once in awhile I see a guild advertising themselves to get players, but they do not list the requirements on their post. Instead they say PM me for any questions or requirements.

Off the top of my head I can recall at least 3 times, and when the question was raised as to the requirements on the forum they insisted on a pm. One time I even saw a guild leader get frustrated because a “spy” gave their requirements in the public forum.

Since you’re talking about me, I suppose I should answer you:

At the point in time in question, our guild requirements were under discussion within the guild. I did not want to post inaccurate information in the forums, so I asked for PMs so we could discuss the matter privately.

As for the “spy” thing, that was the result of a misunderstanding. It was resolved privately, without rancor, and there was no need for it to be on the forums.

I hope this answers your questions.

I didn’t mean to offend, I am/was honestly just trying to figure out why such a thing might have happened and the reasoning behind it.

So I appreciate you shining some light on that particular event I was rather confused by it.

Thanks (edit:)ma’am.

I wasn’t offended, and I’m sorry if it came across that way. And that’s ma’am, not sir. :sunglasses:

I will add to what River Song explained that, when those requirements were settled, she added them in the recruitment thread and that what we require now is also clearly stated in our new recruitment thread.